Which Kings Island Eatery Is Your Favorite?

BoddaH1994

• 3 months later...

^^Yeah, for some reason every time I go there, Chick-Fil-A is closed. I guess that's because I'm always there on Sundays! :P Which is just as well as they use peanut oil and my daughter has a peanut allergy. The doctor said she may grow out of that (hopefully she does), but why take chances.

I would have to vote LaRosa's. I've always liked the pizza there, and my wife likes the pizza from Canteen/Oscar's/Backstage Grill/??? better than the other locations. She swears they taste different, but I never noticed a difference. I think it's just her.

We went to Wings buffet once this past year and it was horrible. I hate to repeat what others have said, but the food was dried out, stale and the associates were not friendly/helpful. The only plus was the free refills, we made sure to load our cups before we left. I miss the days of the Montgomery Inn ribs, the rib-b-que sandwiches with the tater babies w/ cheese.

I also love Potato Works, but my wife is not too keen on it, so I never have anyone to share an order with (I try not to eat a whole one by myself like I used to), so I haven't gotten their fries in years.

My wife's favorite place is Bubba Gump's. This is fine with me on a cooler day, but on a hot day in July/August, the last thing I want to eat is greasy fried food from there. I miss the metts and brats of Bier Garten! It hurts even more that it's the same building.

And Starbucks? Ugh. I don't even go there outside the park unless there's no other option. I don't like spending that much money on coffee, I'm content enough with the coffee at the BP down the street from work. How Starbucks and their counterparts duped America into wasting that much money on a product that is relatively cheap to make is beyond me and something I will never understand. What a bad change for that building as well. La Patisserie Francaise was where I started my career at KI, what wonderful baked goods we had then. The elephant ears, cinnamon rolls, cookies and other items... all made onsite! And during Winterfest, the fresh baked gingerbread men. I loved decorating those in front of that big window on the side of the building, putting on a show for all those guests gathered around. Oh well, that's what memories are for...

Even though I'm not a big fan of it outside the park, I do like the addition of Subway as an option. I just never eat there at the park. Plus, I would have rather seen them put it somewhere else besides Sweet Tooth. I always saw Sweet Tooth busier than Subway.

And what the $&%@ is Fontana Bistro in the survey?

My favorite will always be La Rosa's...specifically the International Street location.

I just love the atmosphere of the park on a warm Summer evening just around dusk, sitting by the fountains and eating a hot slice of La Rosa's pizza.

It's a simple pleasure, but one that has some really good memories...