Son of Beast

KIlover

That's a matter of opinion. I have rode SOB 13 times since it reopened this year. I had one ride where it shook me pretty bad, and I had some rides where it wasn't that bad. The rose bowl is still intense kinda shaky but I think that is just because of the speed in which you travel that section of track.

IMO, based on the one time I've ridden it (no loop), it was incredibly rough for a wooden coaster. All three of us walked off and had to sit down, including the two in the front part of the car and me in the back.

It's not the side to side or the up and down that killed me, it was the jackhammering of the train back and forth. I was being slammed into the back of the seat.

But, you'll read conflicting reports on this message board, so it's a crap-shoot. It may be smooth, it may suck. It's that inconsistency and the roughness that has me swearing off SOB. I rode it, I'm over it.

But that's just one 24 year old man's opinion.

SMD

• 2 weeks later...

I may be going to KI on the 23rd, it will be interesting to see how much a month has done to the ride. I haven't rode SOB since the end of August, so we'll see if it's gotten rougher or what in the last month. Lately though I've been riding in either the front car or the front of the back car.

I went on the 4th last month and it was horrible in the second to last car on the blue train, but the red train I was in the front seat this past Saturday on P&G day and it was smooth. I don't know what is going on but it was a different ride then on the 4th and my chest didn't feel like it was going to explode this time. How has it been for you everyone else on here? <_<

I have also felt a difference with the red train versus the blue train, with the red train being a little smoother.

I may be going to KI on the 23rd, it will be interesting to see how much a month has done to the ride. I haven't rode SOB since the end of August, so we'll see if it's gotten rougher or what in the last month. Lately though I've been riding in either the front car or the front of the back car.

I'm going on the 23rd. My niece is taking her first trip to KI now that she is tall enough. Needless to say we won't start off with SOB, but the plan is to get there eventually.

And I agree I know they should be the same, but I always have a better ride in the red train. I usually sit in the very front or very back. I don't know why the red train is better, but I've come to the point where unless it's crowded I'll wait and let someone go in front of me in order to ride in the red train.

For safety reasons they won't even let you re-ride that coaster on slow days, without walking all the way back around. I about LOL when I heard an op tell someone that. Hmmm I wonder why.

I don't know why since I've been on SOB three times in a row without being hurt. Not re-rides, mind you. But what's the difference if it's only a 3 minute walk back around and re-boarding?