eek! Top gun!

Cody

Gas was $2.57? Wow I'm guessing you mean Wow as a good thing? Us older people say Wow still as a bad thing! When I was around your age I remember a gas war between the gas stations in my area and I only paid 30 cents a gallon! Never over 90 cents back then. Times sure have changed, sadly.

• Like 3

QUOTE(Elmer Fudd @ Sep 3 2007, 02:38 PM) 174978[/snapback]i never said i wanted to see it removed. i think everyone would agree that TG has needed some TLC for several years now... and it never seems to happen. which i contend is a bad sign for it's future.

as a side note, I have never seen a primer paint a dark red.

How about this dark red primer?

(image removed for space issues)

Aswell I think it is ridiculous that we're all of a sudden on this ride removal thing.

People talking about removing Tomb Raider, removing Congo, removing Top Gun, removing Vortex, removing Action Theater, removing SOB, removing Days of Thunder; threads about your least favorite ride, what should be removed next, which ride you would take out, etc. Its kind of getting out of hand dont you think? Why does everyone all of a sudden seem to want so many things removed? None of the rides are going anywhere untill there is something to take its place. I cant imagine why anyone would just want a ride to no longer be there. If you dont like it, then dont ride it, but dont ask for it to be removed.

Top gun is a good, very intense coaster. I cannot say that there is a better suspended coaster than Top Gun. All others seem to follow the trend of Iron Dragon or Big Bad Wolf of slow, continuous, and boring, with a second boring lift.

And yes top gun has a red primer to mask the old red paint that used to be on the track.

QUOTE(SOB_TOM @ Sep 4 2007, 01:16 PM) 175087[/snapback]Come on people, lets use common sense in these discussions PLEASE.

Agreed

So I was looking for something else and it brought me all the way back here... the bold are the removed rides....
Gas was $2.57? Wow

I thought I still had some time to go before I got to pull this out....

293035_4492341676786_1023848609_n.jpg

Like PKIDelirium I remember a time of even lower gas prices quite vividly. I can just imagine what grandpa be saying now about current prices...come to think of it I rather not. Never mind. I feel old.

• Like 2

Top Gun/Flight Deck.....all rusted out.....needs to be removed......gonna be gone soon......etc.......

As Elton John sang...."I'm still standin'"

and, in the case of Giga/Hyper/Really, Really Big coasters.....I quote Chumbawamba - "I get knocked down, but I get up again" (maybe even better - "Pi**ing the night away")?

• Like 3

Out of any steel coaster at Kings Island, Top Gun (Flight Deck as these kids call it now in days) is one of my top coasters at Kings Island period. It swings, it roars, it is just a fast, bad coaster that Kings Island will ever have. I would hate to see this great ride to leave Kings Island, it is one of the best and unique rides there, Kings Island would loose a priceless ride.

• Like 10

Oh man I remember when I created this, top gun was looking awful with its paint chips hanging off and it was just all gloomy. I personally would love to see it replaced with something more attractive ;) I actually look back at this and still amazed Top Gun(flight deck) is still standing*. If you would of told me back in 07 that tomb raider was getting the boot before Top gun, I would of fainted.

• Like 3

Speaking of gas, when I left Lima, Ohio this morning gas was 3.89. Now I am in Williamsburg, Virginia and I have seen it as low as 3.18. Crazy how big of a difference it is.

That is crazy..here in Columbus, OH gas prices were around 3.65, now going up to 3.89...

• Like 2

I have no idea how teenagers today can afford to drive anywhere? I worked two jobs in high school and remember hating to fill my tank and that was in the early 90's!We have two decent incomes now and I dread getting gas, I hope gas is a thing of the past when my kids can drive!

Just rode top gun aka flight deck twice today and it was smooth sailing. I do think that when they revamp that area which is way over due that top gun will be back among the park :) Also I checked out the construction and there is a 100 by 100 foot area with footings going in. Will be very interesting to see what goes there.

I have no idea how teenagers today can afford to drive anywhere? I worked two jobs in high school and remember hating to fill my tank and that was in the early 90's!We have two decent incomes now and I dread getting gas, I hope gas is a thing of the past when my kids can drive!

Keep in mind, while Gas prices have gone up, so has the minimum wage. In fact, I'm currently 21 years old. The minimum wage in Ohio has risen nearly (or possibly even more than) 50% since I started High School. I remember it being somewhere in the $5.50 range around that time. Now it's practically $8. And if certain politicians have their way, it could become $10 if I'm hearing rumors with any merit.