New ride for 2008?

DropZone99

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im also pretty sure that SOB is getting a 3rd train because when I was there for the last Fri/Sat of HH the SOB crew was working their butts off to get trains out of the station ASAP, and seeing those two work even though there really wasn't a point (they were sending out the second train as soon as when the first crested the big drop) it was defiantly apparent that this coaster could make a 3 train interval and that they were testing working it in that condition (otherwise they would have tried to even the time between the two trains.)

That's true, but that would only add to the disappointment, in my mind. Say a person goes to a Six Flags park routinely and rides Batman The Ride. Then after several years, they decide to go on vacation and hit another Six Flags park, expecting all new rides. Then they find the same Batman The Ride there. It seems like they'd be upset because they paid all that money to go see something new, and could almost just go to the park near their home and get the same thing.

On another note: I just got a call from my friend who works at KI, and he said that he saw some inverted coaster track going north on 275, probably from the B&M place in Batavia. Could KI possibly be getting a new inverted coaster? I don't think it would be for Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure, unless they had to refabricate some of the pieces. Interesting......

How could he tell that it was inverted coaster track. How can anyone tell until its built. As far as I know, hyper coaster track and inverted track looks the same until its erected.

Even though it would be hard to tell, I hope those WERE inverted coaster tracks going to KI. I think that an inverted coaster would be a neat addition. After all, there are lots of things they could theme it after. It could be some space simulation/test/training thing in the x-base, it could be some stunt test like DZ is themed. And so on.. I think that it would be awesome to add in an inverted coaster, I've been on Montu in BGA, that is probably the 4th best steel ive been on.

~Josh

It will be VERY interesting indeed to see to what extent, if any, Cedar Fair themes ride installations in the ex-Paramount Parks. CF wasn't known for theming much in the legacy parks (see Hydra, Talon, Wild Thing, Magnum, Milliennium Force, Mamba, etc), and when they DID do it, they often didn't maintain it very well (see: Disaster Transport, Top Thrill Dragster--though other factors were involved there, etc.) Perhaps most instructive is the amount of theming done for Maverick...a left over station and some music.

I think a look at all the extensive theming on Behemoth at Wonderland would also be instructive...even more so as one contemplates the massive debt this and the the other major US operator of seasonal amusement parks faces. Does extensive theming draw in paying customers at seasonal parks who wouldn't visit absent such theming in such numbers so as to make installing (and, preferably, maintaining it) it worthwhile? It seems that Cedar Fair, the old Paramount Parks and the old Six Flags all reached the same conclusion....probably not worth it to install and certainly not worth it to maintain well...no one ever accused Gary Story of incredible theming maintenance!

It will be VERY interesting indeed to see to what extent, if any, Cedar Fair themes ride installations in the ex-Paramount Parks. CF wasn't known for theming much in the legacy parks (see Hydra, Talon, Wild Thing, Magnum, Milliennium Force, Mamba, etc), and when they DID do it, they often didn't maintain it very well (see: Disaster Transport, Top Thrill Dragster--though other factors were involved there, etc.) Perhaps most instructive is the amount of theming done for Maverick... a left over station and some music.

I think a look at all the extensive theming on Behemoth at Wonderland would be instructive...even more so as one contemplates the massive debt this and the the other major US operator of seasonal amusement parks faces. Does extensive theming draw in paying customers at seasonal parks who wouldn't visit absent such theming in such numbers so as to make installing (and, preferably, maintaining it) it worthwhile? It seems that Cedar Fair, the old Paramount Parks and the old Six Flags all reached the same conclusion....probably not worth it to install and certainly not worth it to maintain well...no one ever accused Gary Story of incredible theming maintenance!

Well, I guess you're right. It would be nice for good scenery, but I doubt CF will want to do much. I also HIGHLY doubt that there will be a hypercoaster/gigacoaster near The Beast. I dont think (or at least hope) that CF wouldn't do that to us Beast fans. I also hope that CF will use up the rest of the Kings Island land, although it would be kind of hard to get back behind The Beast. It would be nice to see a hypercoaster or maybe an inverted coaster, just not in The Beast's territory.

~Josh

Make no mistake about it...Cedar Fair will do that which it believes to be its long term best profit interest...perhaps, given the current debt load, it may be even more focussed on the short term. In any event, the concerns of "us Beast fans" are probably not even in the top forty as they develop their plans for Kings Island.

(SO SO SORRRY TOP GUN FANS)

^I think that they sould just get rid of Top Gun alltogether. It's REALLY overrated, short, and just plain boring. Even though it has some great memories, I think that they should just pitch it or sell it to another park. I'm sure that no other park will be able to place it just as good as KI did, (Excellent placing, on the side of a decending hill, it makes it seem like you're going up a lot more). Top Gun's area AND that extra land would be VERY good for a big coaster, or a few flat rides. Or things like that!

AGAIN, SO SO SORRY TOP GUN FANS. But it's eventually gonna go.

~Josh

There is absolutely no reason to get rid of a reliable, high capacity coaster that still gets good ridership and is an area that would not be prime for future expansion. Removing Top Gun makes no sense especially when there are many other areas to expand by. Sure a coaster could go back by Top Gun, but how would you put a few flat rides back there? That terrain is in no way good for a new themed area of the park whcih is why its perfect for Top Gun due to its layout. Also, I dont think anyone is going to complain if Cedar Fair puts a long overdue large steel coaster near The Beast. How would it "ruin" The Beast? Keep in mind you see that other large steel coaster (Vortex) throughout The Beasts layout, and can even see Racer when the leaves are down.

On a side note, did anyone see the American flag they mounted to The Beast's maintenance shed weekend? I thought that was an awesome thing to do.

Come on be nice, it just needs some TLC and a new paint job.

Well, yeah, but you have to know that eventually its gotta go. CF will eventually need to make room for new rides, AND idk if this is true or not, but I think I heard that CF is going to lose liscense to some of the PP themed rides? I wonder what they're going to have to do with Italian Job, Drop Zone, Face/Off, and Top Gun's names.

AND PUHLEASE, (nobody in particular) stop criticizing me... Im just stating my opinion.......

AGAIN NOBODY I PARTICULAR.

~Josh :lol:

True, I guess I'm just being too hopeful that they take out TG as I dont really care for it.

They BADLY need to use more of their land.. I would have liked to see some flat rides stay, they could have EASILY kept Antique Cars.. And put IJST in the Action Zone, because it dosn't fit in with the old Coney Island theme. It's supposed to be some kind of stunt test like Drop Zone and Face/Off, it would have been a lot neater to see it with the other "stunts".

-_- Im sorry for ever bringing that Top Gun crap up....

~Josh

Theres nothing wrong with ones opinion about a ride and being that it should be taken out or not, no one is trying to tell u whats right or wrong we are just giving our opinions as well. They also could of kept the flying eagles even with ijst there which that to an extent really upsets me.

AVES!! That is hillarious!

LOL!!^

Maybe they were stalkers.. LMAO. I mean, like... WOW, they probably were!

:) Thats funny.

One time I was at the Beach waterpark, and these people i saw were going on the Aztec Adventure. I think they were from Kentucky and like I saw them there. (Rode with one of them actually, while my son and daughter rode together..) And then i was waiting for Bonzai and they were there. I was going on the Twilight Zoom, they were there. I went into the wavepool, they were there. I went onto the River Rapids (or watever the heck they're called) and yes, you guessed it, they were there.. It was getting kinda scary bc one person in the family had this like psycho smile... IT WAS SO HILLARIOUS.. I think they were stalking me. LOL

=]

~Josh