New ride for 2008?

DropZone99

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys... the equipment setting around the park is being used for cleanup and ride take downs which is still going on. They us that equipment to take the cars off the track and to haul the pieces back to storage for the winter. NO CONSTRUCTION IS GOING ON AT THIS TIME. I do know that Tomb Raider is being taken out before next season and has been sold. There are 2 Coaster trains setting out back in the woods from Guagua Lake. Anything new arises I'll let you all know.

From Screamscape:

Cedar Point

Cedar Fair confirmed the addition of several new family friendly attractions in a new children’s area that will replace the Peanut’s Playground featuring seven new rides in addition to a family lounge area with quiet spots for feeding, resting and changing.

They declined to name it, but Screamscape sources have named the area “Planet Snoopy” and tell us that several of the “new” rides will come from Geauga Lake including the Convoy and Train (replacing the old Train). From what we’ve been told the only thing currently there that is expected to remain is waterfall and school house. We’ve also heard a rumor that Cedar Fair may slightly reduce staffing at a few of their coasters in order to staff this new area, cutting a position or two from Millennium Force, Dragster, Wicked Twister and Mantis. Apparently they were testing these staffing changes at select times during Halloweekends and found the impact to ride capacity to either be minor or acceptable loss. Cedar Point also confirmed that the Sandcastle hotel will renovate it’s interior over the off-season.

Plus, also from Screamscape:

Michigan's Adventure

Screamscape has heard to keep our eyes peeled for pieces of Geauga Lake’s Time Warp (Chance Inverter) to show up after they’ve done shipping in Thunderhawk. Time Warp could be added to the midway area in 2009.

Looks like no new flat rides for us next year.

Hey guys... the equipment setting around the park is being used for cleanup and ride take downs which is still going on. They us that equipment to take the cars off the track and to haul the pieces back to storage for the winter. NO CONSTRUCTION IS GOING ON AT THIS TIME. I do know that Tomb Raider is being taken out before next season and has been sold. There are 2 Coaster trains setting out back in the woods from Guagua Lake. Anything new arises I'll let you all know.

A Back ho to take coaster cars off? And they are 4 G trains from GL at KI supposly.

A Back ho to take coaster cars off? And they are 4 G trains from GL at KI supposly.

They were using the backhoe today to move stuff around, and yes the 4 G trains from GL are back in the woods. Along with 4 other trains. They are sitting beside the old King Cobra trains.

They should change the TOS to say that you need to be 13 years old in age and maturity level to post on here. If you know what's going on, good for you. As for me, I could care less, I can't keep the information from one park separate from the other any ways. If I gave out info, it would probably be for the wrong park any ways. Blab all you want though.

Actually, Monroe, you couldN'T care less...but we've covered that ground before...If you could care less, then you do care some!

--The Interpreter, who yet again met one of his favorite pet peeves...

Actually, I had it right. As in: I could care less, but I can't because there is nothing less than that to care about. Or: I could care less, or I could care more, or I could care just as much as I have cared in the past. Finally: I could care less, but I will not, because if I did care less then I would not have any thing less to care about. I COULDN'T do that though, because I CAN care less. You know, I did this while I was SITTING their RUNNING down the street that went up hill?

If you were there recently, you would know what else is back there right now. You have just copied posts from other people.

I know that simple brush and tree removal seems petty at this point, but it is proof that something is going on. I don't think they would do all that to put in a new bathroom. They do need a new bathroom closer to X-Base.