New ride for 2008?

DropZone99

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know we may not be getting a new ride in 2008, but I wonder if Happy Days will be called something different? Can we say Coasters? or a Johnny Rockets? It would be my guess. It wouldn't be that hard, they would just have to take all of the Happy Days theming away, and find some old 50's stuff.

I didn't know that about Johnny Rockets. Interesting. I could see it becoming a Coasters. You really wouldn't have to change the theme of Happy Days considering Coasters is a fifties type food stand. You just have to get rid of all the goofy pics of Fonzie and the gang.

You just have to get rid of all the goofy pics of Fonzie and the gang.

KIBeast you do know that it is improper to put Goofy and another Cool word in the same sentence. Cool word = Fonzie

Making a statement like that back in the good old days would have been fighting words and Pinky would have been just the one to straighten you out on that.

idk looking at the Cedar Fair press release it doesnt look good for ki, there is absolutly no mention of the park in any part of the release, i think it will be a general improvement and minor improvement year unfortunatly but we might need a year like this just to make ki more of a Cedar Fair park than a paramount park, and i guess the bright side is an off year like this may mean a big year the next year (2009!) so i guess all we can do is hope and wait!

^ I know how you feel.

O.K., so, here it goes:

From what I've heared, (I cant remember where, some press release), Three roller coasters from GL will be destroyed, and never moved. Villain, RWB, and Double Loop. The Villain and RWB trains are at KI. We are not getting Villain or RWB from what I can see.

BUT:

Big Dipper is not included in the list of destroyed Coasters. Big Dipper is the Oldest roller Coaster in Ohio. Cedar Fair loves record holders. If it is moved to a park outside of Ohio, it will no longer be a record holder. There are 2 other Cedar Fair Parks in Ohio. Cedar Point and Kings Island. I highly doubt Cedar Point will want a 65 foot, 35 mile per hour Wooden Roller Coaster.

Anyone catching my drift? ;)

^ I know how you feel.

O.K., so, here it goes:

From what I've heared, (I cant remember where, some press release), Three roller coasters from GL will be destroyed, and never moved. Villain, RWB, and Double Loop. The Villain and RWB trains are at KI. We are not getting Villain or RWB from what I can see.

BUT:

Big Dipper is not included in the list of destroyed Coasters. Big Dipper is the Oldest roller Coaster in Ohio. Cedar Fair loves record holders. If it is moved to a park outside of Ohio, it will no longer be a record holder. There are 2 other Cedar Fair Parks in Ohio. Cedar Point and Kings Island. I highly doubt Cedar Point will want a 65 foot, 35 mile per hour Wooden Roller Coaster.

Anyone catching my drift? ;)

You've got a point!

• 3 weeks later...
After reading many different posts and threads its seems that there is a good chance of KI getting the following for 08:

- Campgrounds

- Nick Parade

- Revamped Restaurant

- A few new shows

- Some ride rebranding

Does this seem about right, at least related to the rumor mill?

The campground I see returning but probably not for 2008 though wish it would, I do think if the campground was returning this would of been included in the capital ex statement.

Nick Parade all depends on whether or not it'll get rotated to another park before ki again

Revamped restaurants I definitely see that happening

A few new shows probably but may take away from some other shows that didn't do as well last season

Ride rebranding I'm not sure 2008 will see that happening just yet. That will likely depend on when the individual ride contracts.

A new/used flat ride I still see as a possibility. I know it wasn't included in the capital ex report but likely a small ride wouldn't have made it. They may not even know what to put at KI at time of report. I'm sure they're looking at the available rides and deciding who will benefit most.

Now one thing to keep in mind is that when they announced spending $88mil (if i recall correctly) it was said that they weren't sure if that would be a big enough investment. So that said they can adjust their spending if they feel a park is getting the short end of the stick.

I can see ride name changing for the 2008 season. They are going changing the main sign for next season, so something tells me they want to rid the park of anything Paramount by April of 08. But anything is possible. Also it has been announced already that KD will be changing the name of there IJ:TC for the 2008 season. Anything is possible.

Guest rcfreak339

Kings Island probley wont get anything new for 2008 but for 2009 B&M HYPER BABY!

i know this is random but i want like a thrust air kinda coaster to kentucky kingdom in 2009.

it could replace dragsters, like this,

l_5c6968c0765bc6dcfe1b53a6031f2f00.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If KI were to get anything it pry would be in NU because as CF has always been known for they give little hints for what is to come. now in the commercial (radio) they talk about Firehawk and all of the rides and stuff but at the end it goes now don't get me started on NU then the girl says OK then i better write this down on paper. then it cuts out and finishes talking about the gold pass. So even tho i have NO source but that's what i think.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...