New ride for 2008?

DropZone99

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I don't know this but what are the buildings to the right of the entrance. Where the the red 10 is?

looking at the blueprint type (sorta) map

The building to the left of the red 10 houses HR, wardrobe, Resale and Food warehouse. Below the 10 is actually a fence, not sure why it looks like a big long skinny building on there. The building up and to the right of the 10 houses the Maintenance dept.

Sorry I don't know this but what are the buildings to the right of the entrance. Where the the red 10 is?

looking at the blueprint type (sorta) map

The building to the left of the red 10 houses HR, wardrode, Resale and Food warehouse. Below the 10 is actually a fence, not sure why it looks like a big long skinny building on there. The building up and to the right of the 10 houses the Maintenance dept.

Thanks for the info... learn something everyday

Cedar Point was testing out their web page this morning for the all new Planet Snoopy with 7 new rides for kids. I wonder how long it will take Kings Island to change their web-page. The only thing new I think is coming is a new food area.

Cedar Point was testing out their web page this morning for the all new Planet Snoopy with 7 new rides for kids. I wonder how long it will take Kings Island to change their web-page. The only thing new I think is coming is a new food area.

Doubtless with new improved food pricing....but for whom? Patrons or the park? :)

I know I'm probably a little different from the normal guest. When I look at something like the map, I'd like something similar to a blueprint. I know that's weird, but it's just me.

bluepruintmapql6.png

Do you like that better then? :lol:

You do not understand how overjoyed I would be to be handed that as I walked into the park.

^^Nice picture! The Scooby Doo, Cauldrons, and the compass on top of Enchanted Voyage, and even pre-Boulder Bumpers! Plus, it answers my comment about why that one section looks like a big long skinny building...I forgot about that stretch of grass near the fence!

Yup, but there's BamBam's Bon Bon's.

Fun thing about that stand was that Bam Bam's eyes seemed to follow you where ever you were in HB.

I actually started out as a line employee at Quick Draw's (along with the Karts associated). Moved to Morning Person there and then to Cashier Foreman before being promoted to Supervisor Trainee.

Whoa TopGun... those are recent blue prints- at least as of 2006. Has someone been sniffing in Mr. Kinzel's medicine cabinet to snuff those out?

If memory serves me correctly, Firehawk's p-ress release last year came on Feb. 5... though I seem to recall overhead flight pictures foretelling a certain story was going to break sooner or later... as far as I've seen this year, no such pictures have been taken....... Air-men!, do you jobs- what the hockey sticks are we paying you for?!?!

Whoa TopGun... those are recent blue prints- at least as of 2006. Has someone been sniffing in Mr. Kinzel's medicine cabinet to snuff those out?

If memory serves me correctly, Firehawk's p-ress release last year came on Feb. 5... though I seem to recall overhead flight pictures foretelling a certain story was going to break sooner or later... as far as I've seen this year, no such pictures have been taken....... Air-men!, do you jobs- what the hockey sticks are we paying you for?!?!

There's simply nothing to report. Of course, that is not a forward-looking statement.

personally i think that from a buisness perspective, major additions to Kings Island in 2008 would be stupid, we just got Firehawk last year, though, i do think CF will dump a good bit of money into Kings Island. i believe that Cedar Point has really peaked, it has zero room for expansion, and the only way you can really add anything new at this point is to tear down something old.

Kings Island on the other hand could double itself in size and still have land left over. it has a great foundation with the wagon wheel structure, and a backbone of great coasters. while Kings Islands rollercoaster collection may not be as big, or impressive as Cedar Point's, but it is better, the rides at Kings Island are largely best of breeds, whereas Cedar Points are just the firsts.

if Cedar Fair is smart they will add some good flat rides around the park, buy a couple good antiques like those at kennywood for the coney island area, but most importantly add atleast two pieces of signature steel . they have the land for it

if they added a ride that could rival Superman ROS (SFNE), preferably roaming the woods the way The Beast does, and invested in a good publicist, they could easily make Kings Island the biggest park in the usa...

also personally, seeing the success of the Halloween Haunt, i would also prolly add a halloween themed area out in the woods, but i dont see that happening because of Cedar Fairs track record with animatronics and themeing (see disaster transport)

They wont get rid of the go karts. Its too small of land to build anything unless its a spin & puke. Timberwolf makes too much money for them when shows go on. Top Gun i can understand getting rid of due to it loosing its popularty(if i spelled that right lol). And it takes a long time to get to lol. I was told by a higher up a few years ago they dont want to build in the trees cause they have to remove them and they dont want to. I know for a fact they have alot of land. They must have a reason not building out more. Could be alot of underground electric and gas lines. I know theres very large high power line towers at the water park side.

personally i think that from a buisness perspective, major additions to Kings Island in 2008 would be stupid, we just got Firehawk last year, though, i do think CF will dump a good bit of money into Kings Island. i believe that Cedar Point has really peaked, it has zero room for expansion, and the only way you can really add anything new at this point is to tear down something old.

Kings Island on the other hand could double itself in size and still have land left over. it has a great foundation with the wagon wheel structure, and a backbone of great coasters. while Kings Islands rollercoaster collection may not be as big, or impressive as Cedar Point's, but it is better, the rides at Kings Island are largely best of breeds, whereas Cedar Points are just the firsts.

if Cedar Fair is smart they will add some good flat rides around the park, buy a couple good antiques like those at kennywood for the coney island area, but most importantly add atleast two pieces of signature steel . they have the land for it

if they added a ride that could rival Superman ROS (SFNE), preferably roaming the woods the way The Beast does, and invested in a good publicist, they could easily make Kings Island the biggest park in the usa...

also personally, seeing the success of the Halloween Haunt, i would also prolly add a halloween themed area out in the woods, but i dont see that happening because of Cedar Fairs track record with animatronics and themeing (see disaster transport)

The Halloween Haunt had alot of bad reviews as far as certin houses. I know it was good the event was but they had a spot to where the worker in the booth was poping jokes and alot of the jokes had people mad to the point that they threw stuff at the worker. And had the people reporting the worker at the front office. Almost caused a riot.