New ride for 2008?

DropZone99

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Gun i can understand getting rid of due to it loosing its popularty(if i spelled that right lol). And it takes a long time to get to lol.

How is TG losing it's popularity?

I been going to the park for along time and i seen once it had maybe a hr wait and thats it. Plus its been along time since its been painted and if they wanted to fix it up they would of by now. Its had the same faded look to it for along time. Since i been riding it its never been painted. And its the only TG ride not to be renamed yet. With all that land they have back there they can build a good coaster and keep the lines and station just like they did with WWL at Cedar Point. And with the old Bat coaster where Vorkex sits. If you see a old picture of The Bat station you see where Vortex is now.

Not to pick on you DaleFan, but the whole "Top Gun is not popular and needs to go" argument is not only flawed, but beaten to death and has been proven wrong and discussed on these forums so many times...

They wont get rid of the go karts. Its too small of land to build anything unless its a spin & puke. Timberwolf makes too much money for them when shows go on. Top Gun i can understand getting rid of due to it loosing its popularty(if i spelled that right lol).

-You missed the i in popularity. Not to mention Top Gun is not "losing popularity", it's a high capacity ride that is still frequented just as much as any of the other big coasters. The only time you ever see a decent line for The Beast is on a saturday, during the week you can walk on and off. Same thing with Top Gun, top gun just puts people through faster. If it was "unpopular" then you'd probably see it be the first thing to close when there are staffing issues early in the season and late in the fall.

And it takes a long time to get to lol. I was told by a higher up a few years ago they dont want to build in the trees cause they have to remove them and they dont want to. I know for a fact they have alot of land.

-It's very expensive to move into and build on previously undeveloped land, their property lines goes all the way back to the Miami river.

They must have a reason not building out more. Could be alot of underground electric and gas lines. I know theres very large high power line towers at the water park side.

-The property in the woods behind Kings Island is not all flat and it is not all very appealing to be built upon, not to mention as they expand they get closer and closer to the suburbs that already complain about noise.

Top Gun i can understand getting rid of due to it loosing its popularty(if i spelled that right lol). And it takes a long time to get to lol.

I been going to the park for along time and i seen once it had maybe a hr wait and thats it.

-I can remember going to the park in 1999 and seeing The Beast line all the way out to the Eifiel Tower and The Vortex line back to Antique treats, these rides never have their lines that long anymore and are walk ons during the week....are they unpopular? No, not at all. There is just simply more to do. In 1993 Top Gun was new and unexperienced by man guests, since then many, many other attractions have been added, there's just more to do in the park these days.

Plus its been along time since its been painted and if they wanted to fix it up they would of by now. Its had the same faded look to it for along time. Since i been riding it its never been painted.

-How a ride is painted is no indication of how ''popular" it is. It's still maintained just as well as the other steel coasters.

And its the only TG ride not to be renamed yet.

-Maybe thats because none of the new names for the (soon to be) former Paramount rides at Kings Island have been announced. You'll be looking at another Flight Deck and more great years to have the chance to ride it.

With all that land they have back there they can build a good coaster and keep the lines and station just like they did with WWL at Cedar Point.

-This horse is dead and beat so bad, why remove something that isn't broken, has high capacity, and is still enjoyed on a consistent basis by park guests when there is land to put a new coaster elsewhere. There is absolutely no reason or logic behind thinking Top Gun will be removed.

^ Edit: Apparently not only do we post at the same time, we fell the same about thois particular issue. ;)

1) Wait times have no indication on how popular a ride is. Shorter lines can also be an indication of a op crew that is on the ball and moving trains efficiently.

2) When a ride has been painted is also not an indication of it's demise. TG is not a ride that many people can see compared to a ride such as Vortex, so there is less importance on how it looks. TG has been painted once since 1993 to the current color (or lack of color) that it is now. In comparison, Magnum at CP was built in 1989 has was just recently painted for the first time.

3) There has not been an announcement for any ride names, not only TG, being changed at KI, yet. I am guessing that when KI does announce that ride names have changed, there will be another ride announcement as well.

The reasons for keeping TG outweigh the reasons to dismantle it.

- It is a great change-of-pace coaster as well as a good starter coaster

- Given the layout of the land that TG is currently on, while it is possible to put another coaster there, it is not exactly cost effective. The removal of TG and construction costs for the new coaster would be more than normal due to the land. If KI wants to install another steel coaster, they might as well use land that is currently not being used at all and thus doing so they save money as well as save a ride.

- It is a unique ride. TG is one of 4 left in the US, and 1 of 7 left in the World classified as an Arrow suspended.

Not to pick on you DaleFan, but the whole "Top Gun is not popular and needs to go" argument is not only flawed, but beaten to death and has been proven wrong and discussed on these forums so many times...

They wont get rid of the go karts. Its too small of land to build anything unless its a spin & puke. Timberwolf makes too much money for them when shows go on. Top Gun i can understand getting rid of due to it loosing its popularty(if i spelled that right lol).

-You missed the i in popularity. Not to mention Top Gun is not "losing popularity", it's a high capacity ride that is still frequented just as much as any of the other big coasters. The only time you ever see a decent line for The Beast is on a saturday, during the week you can walk on and off. Same thing with Top Gun, top gun just puts people through faster. If it was "unpopular" then you'd probably see it be the first thing to close when there are staffing issues early in the season and late in the fall.

And it takes a long time to get to lol. I was told by a higher up a few years ago they dont want to build in the trees cause they have to remove them and they dont want to. I know for a fact they have alot of land.

-It's very expensive to move into and build on previously undeveloped land, their property lines goes all the way back to the Miami river.

They must have a reason not building out more. Could be alot of underground electric and gas lines. I know theres very large high power line towers at the water park side.

-The property in the woods behind Kings Island is not all flat and it is not all very appealing to be built upon, not to mention as they expand they get closer and closer to the suburbs that already complain about noise.

I been going to the park for along time and i seen once it had maybe a hr wait and thats it.

-I can remember going to the park in 1999 and seeing The Beast line all the way out to the Eifiel Tower and The Vortex line back to Antique treats, these rides never have their lines that long anymore and are walk ons during the week....are they unpopular? No, not at all. There is just simply more to do. In 1993 Top Gun was new and unexperienced by man guests, since then many, many other attractions have been added, there's just more to do in the park these days.

Plus its been along time since its been painted and if they wanted to fix it up they would of by now. Its had the same faded look to it for along time. Since i been riding it its never been painted.

-How a ride is painted is no indication of how ''popular" it is. It's still maintained just as well as the other steel coasters.

And its the only TG ride not to be renamed yet.

-Maybe thats because none of the new names for the (soon to be) former Paramount rides at Kings Island have been announced. You'll be looking at another Flight Deck and more great years to have the chance to ride it.

With all that land they have back there they can build a good coaster and keep the lines and station just like they did with WWL at Cedar Point.

-This horse is dead and beat so bad, why remove something that isn't broken, has high capacity, and is still enjoyed on a consistent basis by park guests when there is land to put a new coaster elsewhere. There is absolutely no reason or logic behind thinking Top Gun will be removed.

Then ask Cedar Point why they removed WWL then. It was a very well liked ride and had a high capacity as far as water rides went. And i have yet to hear any complaints about noise from the people living near by Kings Island. If it was a issue it would be on the news trust me. I know it was world wide when a park over seas had a person complain about noise issues. By the way they have to keep the rides maintaned due to state laws and to keep from being sued. Only if a certin named theme park(Six Flags) would learn from other parks and keep rides running good and keep from being sued lol. The Top Gun issue will be brought up in Forums untill its finally made true that its removed. Or untill the MODS say its got to go.

Magnum was painted in 06 i think. I know Iron Dragon's color looks more like a fire plug then anything. I know that Top Thrill Dragster needs a paint job seeing as how the tallness of it got faded out by the sun. Lol. I hate to paint that thing. It be either alot of brushes or alot of sprayers. ET got painted in 06.

Then ask Cedar Point why they removed WWL then. It was a very well liked ride and had a high capacity as far as water rides went.

-Thanks Brown for getting that one :) .

And i have yet to hear any complaints about noise from the people living near by Kings Island. If it was a issue it would be on the news trust me. I know it was world wide when a park over seas had a person complain about noise issues.

-Oh, well then, just cause you haven't head any complaints.....well by golly George then they must not exist. In fact, they do exist. The park came under a lot of scrutiny during the first Nights of Fire when they did their fireworks even later than usual and for multiple nights. Many citizens went to city council about it and it was all over the local Cincinnati media. During Channel 5's coverage of the Halloween Haunt media night this year they included a clip of Kings Mill's and Mason citizens who were complaining about noise from the park being open till 1 A.M. on certain nights. The park is currently on a local ordinance that prevents them from doing fireworks any later than 10 P.M. unless its during pre-planned events that have been approved by local authorities (Nights of Fire/Star Spangled Celebration).

By the way they have to keep the rides maintaned due to state laws and to keep from being sued. Only if a certin named theme park(Six Flags) would learn from other parks and keep rides running good and keep from being sued lol.

-A few things here oh great misinformed one; Six Flags is the name of a chain of amusement and theme parks not just a "certain named theme park". The state report has not been released on the SFKK accident and any information regarding the cause of the accident, specifically the upkeep has not been officially released. Therefore you are in no position to criticize how the ride was kept up. No one is sure what exactly caused all the factors in the accident.

the Top Gun issue will be brought up in Forums untill its finally made true that its removed. Or untill the MODS say its got to go.

-Sure bring it up all you want, I'm just saying the points you brought up are constantly shot down and proven wrong every time they are brought up.

What are you talking about? Where are these reports you speak of? Speaking as someone who has worked in park maintenance before I can say that Six Flags maintains their rides just as well as Cedar Fair, Busch, and the now former Paramount Parks. They follow the same exact manufacturer and state guidelines, yet isolated events will sometimes happen. You don't know what happened in Kentucky and if upkeep had anything to do with it. Where are these reports of Six Flags horrible maintenance records?

"Nuff Said." :rolleyes:

Rideaccidents.com. and read all of the storys. I take it you dont visit alot of park and coaster sites offten then. The KK thing was blamed on by the maker Intamn by SF but they never supplyed the cables. On Thrillnetwork there is more on the accident.

Rideaccidents.com. and read all of the storys. I take it you dont visit alot of park and coaster sites offten then.

-Actually I do, considering I help run this one and work with a lot of other amusement park oriented sites. You can go on ride accidents.com and see accidents listed for parks all over the place, its a database of articles. I see things on there for Cedar Fair parks as well as Six Flags parks, where is there any proof that Six Flags maintains their rides to a lower standard than their competition? I'm looking for an official source, not a database of articles that may not always have correct information.

The KK thing was blamed on by the maker Intamn by SF but they never supplyed the cables. On Thrillnetwork there is more on the accident.

-So where has Six Flags failed to maintain this ride? Not to mention nothing official regarding the accident has been released by those investigating it. Yes SFKK supplied the cables, but where have they, their maintenance department, or Intamin been faulted?

Look whos running them? Mark S. has ran it into the ground. We in Ohio lost 2 SF parks due to lack of upkeep. Plus at least 10 parks being sold and cut backs going on. Intamin aready said they never supplyed the cables for the ride or any other parts to it since it was built. Besides the state of KY wanted to know why they took it down that quick after it happen.

Look whos running them? Mark S. has ran it into the ground. We in Ohio lost 2 SF parks due to lack of upkeep.

Six Flags Worlds of Adventure is gone because they decided to sell it to an interested buyer....Cedar Fair, not because of lack of upkeep. That sale was made before Mark Shapiro was in charge of the company.

Plus at least 10 parks being sold and cut backs going on. Intamin aready said they never supplyed the cables for the ride or any other parts to it since it was built.

What 10 parks are currently in the process of being sold? Just because Intamin didn't supply the cables doesn't mean the accident occurred due to a "lack of upkeep". Obviously the state let it operate the majority of the summer with those cables. Once again, the investigation has not been finalized, no one has been faulted, your claims have no merit.

They was sold. They dont like to keep them up. Read about SF in LA. They are trying to get out of a lease with the city that got hit by the big hurricane. The park got damaged. Instead of using the insurance money to rebuild it they are trying to get rid of it. Your claims have no merit either. Bye

They was sold.

I'll let your grammar speak for your maturity level.

They dont like to keep them up.

As I've been asking you this whole time.....where is there solid evidence of that?

Read about SF in LA. They are trying to get out of a lease with the city that got hit by the big hurricane. The park got damaged. Instead of using the insurance money to rebuild it they are trying to get rid of it.

How about you do some reading and research on the subject and see exactly what terms of the lease Six Flags has and exactly what kinds of insurance benefits they received. Once again, this fails to prove that they improperly maintain their parks.

Your claims have no merit either. Bye

Everything I've said I have been able to back up, everything I've called you out on you seem to change the subject and fail to respond to any of my questions with any shreds of proof and now you're running.

They was sold.

I'll let your grammar speak for your maturity level.

They dont like to keep them up.

As I've been asking you this whole time.....where is there solid evidence of that?

Read about SF in LA. They are trying to get out of a lease with the city that got hit by the big hurricane. The park got damaged. Instead of using the insurance money to rebuild it they are trying to get rid of it.

How about you do some reading and research on the subject and see exactly what terms of the lease Six Flags has and exactly what kinds of insurance benefits they received. Once again, this fails to prove that they improperly maintain their parks.

Everything I've said I have been able to back up, everything I've called you out on you seem to change the subject and fail to respond to any of my questions with any shreds of proof and now you're running.

It was a lease for over 25 years. I read it when it happend. I dont run. I know when to act like an adult. Bye

They was sold. They dont like to keep them up. Read about SF in LA. They are trying to get out of a lease with the city that got hit by the big hurricane. The park got damaged. Instead of using the insurance money to rebuild it they are trying to get rid of it. Your claims have no merit either. Bye

I am going to guess that you are referring to SF New Orleans that was heavily damaged by hurricane Katrina.

And why is it an issue if SF is trying to get out of their lease? I am going to safely assume that many businesses in that area are doing or have done the same thing.

And what you have to understand is, even when SF collects on the insurance, they do not have to rebuild the park. That entire area that was destroyed has less than 50% of the population now as it did prior to the hurricane, so who is going to visit the park? SF is making a difficult, but sound business decision.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6082600309.html

They was sold. I know when to act like an adult. Bye

As i said. Bye

Brown, if you don't mind I'm going to let Dalefan be to me what JacksonPKI is to you as in; I just got some new humor signature!

What, saying "Bye" at 04:47 AM?

... and again at 04:55 AM...

... and again at 04:59 AM?

Nah, that's not funny.

It is pathetically hilarious! :lol:

*sits and laughs*

He isn't goin to listen to the facts. Just because someone writes a story on something doesnt make it a fact. Some people write about stuff that isnt true just to make it sound as if they are important. I mean look at the newspaper or watch the news, if they dont know the hole story they make up what is missing or gossip about it. Thats what makes people keep buying the papers or watching, so they can eventually find out the truth or the so called truth. Try not to believe everything you read or hear. People tell lies all the time.

Anyways back on topic. I really dont see anything coming to KI this year. I just look forward to the new names and maybe some new paint on some of the attractions. My bet is for 2009, we will probably get something new then.

Look whos running them? Mark S. has ran it into the ground. We in Ohio lost 2 SF parks due to lack of upkeep. Plus at least 10 parks being sold and cut backs going on. Intamin aready said they never supplyed the cables for the ride or any other parts to it since it was built. Besides the state of KY wanted to know why they took it down that quick after it happen.

The State of Kentucky wants to know no such thing. A court, a part of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, has approved the ride being removed, beginning the first of next month. Surely the "state," as you call it, knows that.

And Mark Shapiro has not run Six Flags into the ground. Gary had already taken the chain down to the first story. Rebuilding takes time. Longer than Mark and Dan Snyder may have, in fact.

Soon as i find the storys which will take time, i will sent them on here for you guys to read. It doesnt help the parks when they started a no re entry rule that lasted 4 months at the Six Flags parks. Since it seems that our posts differ then lets post the storys we have about the parks good or bad in this post. This way it can be seen rither then keeping it going from different hearsays.

Considering this topic is about the speculation of a new ride for 2008 and it has been confirmed that your claims about Kentucky Kingdom's accident are just from new stories and not confirmed facts, we wont be posting news articles about parks "good or bad" in here. If you wanna discuss Kentucky Kingdom topic go here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9902