New ride for 2008?

DropZone99

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a Platinum Pass this year, but thats just me. I think there not saying what's new next year so that people have to buy a pass to find out.

that made no sense -_- soo far the only reason a season pass sounds good is that I save money...but I also wants perks and etc etc.

People are not going to buy a season pass to find out what the park is adding. In actuality, the reverse is true. Some people may not buy their season pass UNTIL they find out what new attractions the park will have for the 2008 season. Kings Island has sometimes waited to announce stuff in January and February. Since these months are after the holiday season and in the heart of the offseason, season pass sales are likely at the lowest point for the year. Making an announcement then would be a way for the park to drum up some chatter about the park, as well as increase interest in season passes.

That is not to say that the park ALWAYS announces new attractions in January or February. Sometimes, they will announce new attractions in the fall. Or if it is a large project like Son of Beast, they will announce it in May, the year before it opens.

People are not going to buy a season pass to find out what the park is adding. In actuality, the reverse is true. Some people may not buy their season pass UNTIL they find out what new attractions the park will have for the 2008 season. Kings Island has sometimes waited to announce stuff in January and February. Since these months are after the holiday season and in the heart of the offseason, season pass sales are likely at the lowest point for the year. Making an announcement then would be a way for the park to drum up some chatter about the park, as well as increase interest in season passes.

That is not to say that the park ALWAYS announces new attractions in January or February. Sometimes, they will announce new attractions in the fall. Or if it is a large project like Son of Beast, they will announce it in May, the year before it opens.

Well I waited for SFA's 2008 attraction announcement to make up my mind on getting an 08 season pass(for the first time in a decade I'll not be getting one) so some people,not all do base their pass purchases around new cap ex plans.

Now that said:go back & review the chainwide press release that CF issued a while back & you'll notice that KI,WOF & VF are not on that list for a reason & that reason is because these three parks are taking the 2008 season off from adding major rides.Remember,KI added Firehawk in 2007 & VF added renegade in 2007 so both of these parks don't need new rides in 08 to keep patrons coming through the gates.

Now obviously WOF is still marketing patriot as a new ride & based on the public's reaction to it when it first opened I'd say that they don't need to add anything major for a good while....hence the reason for them not getting anything new or major in 2008.

Thanks. We've understood that for a while.

You, my friend, really need to take a chill pill and quit moderating and belittling. I'm sure it is a putoff to most of us on this board. You are constantly stating your opinions on matters that you know nothing about, or making claims about places that you have never visited. It is getting old real quick.

Moderators and others, sorry for stepping on toes, but this is rediculous.

I wonder if KI is going to get a intamn coaster since they're owned by Cedar Fair? Do you think KI is going to get less added to the park because Cedar Fair usually spoils CP. I hope they don't. Personally I think KI should get another inverted coaster like Montu at Busch Gardens Africa.

I agree, I think CF is really going to make Kings Island one of the best parks on the map. I think it is based on reputation. If someone was to go to Kings Island and see a park that was not kept up, they would have second thoughts about visting Cedar Point. Being that they own both parks. It works vice versa also. I expect them to do some really nice things to the park.

I agree, I think CF is really going to make Kings Island one of the best parks on the map. I think it is based on reputation. If someone was to go to Kings Island and see a park that was not kept up, they would have second thoughts about visting Cedar Point. Being that they own both parks. It works vice versa also. I expect them to do some really nice things to the park.

Make no mistakes. If someone from outside the area has a chance of visiting Cedar Point or visiting Kings Island, they are going to Cedar Point.

Any time in the last year I mention Ohio; people ask, "Do You Know about Cedar Point?"

I was just saying I've known that for a while. You guys take what I say and make it sound bad. In this world, people analyze what people say so much that nothing ever means what it sounds like anymore!

With all due respect, no. YOU are the one that said WE have known that for a while...thus speaking for others, presumably all of us. MANY here have pointed out that you are doing this quite a bit, attempting to moderate, making comments about things you know nothing about, etc. You yourself posted "Children should be seen not heard." Something caused that. You didn't just spontaneously decide to post that.

You made a reference to not wanting Six Flags to acquire Big Dipper (as if that was any possibility whatsoever...they have already owned it once...and for your information, it was under Six Flags that the ride was rehabbed thoroughly and ran better than it had for many years). You did so, even though you later admitted you had never even been to a Six Flags park.

No one is picking on you. We are trying to help. Think before you post. There is dynamite in your fingers. This board is read by industry leaders on a daily basis. Some day you may want to work in this industry...as anything from a ride op to a company president. It could happen. Your words here could actually stop that. Yes, they could. As one of my favorite ditties goes:

"It's a small world, after all...."

Just think before you hit the that post button. Reread what you have typed. Think what it could sound like. It doesn't matter what you meant to say. All that matters is what you DID say. People read it. They remember.

Also you have a real bad habit of going back and re-editing your posts to read something else after you have posted. What I was replying to I have quoted (and the site records WILL indicate it IS what you posted). Now you have changed it to:

Kings Island is known as a park with some nice mild rides and some extreme thrills, and we will never be of CP's status. BUT, CF probably has plans to change KI's status as a theme park. KI will be a bigger and better park because of CF.

That fools no one. It also is unprofessional and fools no one. Don't do it.

And good luck on buying the Big Dipper. Take care of it if you get it. And if you don't, perhaps some of us will bring you food when you are locked in your room. If you are really, really nice.

I am also doubting that CF has any plans to change KI from a theme park. They want CP and KI to have two separate identities. CP is for the coaster lovers and KI is the family oriented park. To change either one would be a mistake. Granted, CP may get some more famiy oriented rides to accomodate more of the GP, but they will always be the Coaster Mecca of Ohio. And KI may get a nice, thrilling coaster on ocassion, but they are clearly the leader when it comes to family attractions.

I am also doubting that CF has any plans to change KI from a theme park. They want CP and KI to have two separate identities. CP is for the coaster lovers and KI is the family oriented park. To change either one would be a mistake. Granted, CP may get some more famiy oriented rides to accomodate more of the GP, but they will always be the Coaster Mecca of Ohio. And KI may get a nice, thrilling coaster on ocassion, but they are clearly the leader when it comes to family attractions.

I recall Mr. Kinzel saying in the news he wanted to put the thrill back in the parks. What he was getting at we will just have to wait and see.

What is it that makes KI more of a family oriented park than CP? I don't see that they are that different other than the amount of investment they have received over the years.

What makes KI more family oriented than CP? Well, for starters, there's Nick Universe. #1 kids area for years. CP has nothing that even comes remotely close. I don't think that their new Planet Snoopy will even come that close to NU. Not to mention, KI has more coasters that the whole family can enjoy.

Sure, Kinzel may put a little more thrill into the parks, but the fact that CP is now changing their focus more towards families after seeing KI is a hint that their not going to change KI into CP II.