New ride for 2008?

DropZone99

^:lol:

I challenge anyone to ride Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia, or better yet, Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure, then tell me B and M hypers are tame. If you had said Apollo or Raging Bull, I might agree with you.

I've been on Raging Bull, and it is indeed very tame. But Apollo's Chariot is really an awesome ride. I don't think that's tame at all. You get some killer air time and some huge drops. I really want to try Nitro and Goliath at SFoG, though.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I would guess that a Wild Mouse would be far more reliable than coasters like Kingda Ka or Dragster. Since when are the mice coasters so unreliable? Wildcat at Cedar Point is like a wild mouse and it's pretty fun.

Somewhere, Anton Schwarzkoph is gagging. About the only similarities between a Wild Mouse and Wildcat is that they are both steel coasters and have the word Wild within their names.

I think you missed the point, Interp. It wasn't about whether or not WildCat is a wild mouse or not. It's whether or not wild mouse coasters are the least reliable coasters out there. And, from what I know, wild mouse coasters are in fact not unreliable. And, is not a wild mouse coaster about tight turns and quick drops? Both of which WildCat has. If it's not a wild mouse, then what kind is it?

^I would guess that a Wild Mouse would be far more reliable than coasters like Kingda Ka or Dragster. Since when are the mice coasters so unreliable? Wildcat at Cedar Point is like a wild mouse and it's pretty fun.

Somewhere, Anton Schwarzkoph is gagging. About the only similarities between a Wild Mouse and Wildcat is that they are both steel coasters and have the word Wild within their names.

I think you missed the point, Interp. It wasn't about whether or not WildCat is a wild mouse or not. It's whether or not wild mouse coasters are the least reliable coasters out there. And, from what I know, wild mouse coasters are in fact not unreliable. And, is not a wild mouse coaster about tight turns and quick drops? Both of which WildCat has. If it's not a wild mouse, then what kind is it?

does any one know or heard about where the phantom theater is going to be in 2008???

eeabLrSMsGg

it's shown on the link

^ Let's just take last year for example.

CP is in the process of building Maverick. Promoting it full tilt. But giving nothing away. CF is rather secretive about their new rides. Samething with Firehawk.

Do you honestly think that a promotional video of KI's new ride would actually be on You Tube before the ride is announced?

Not to mention, at the beginning of the video, the title reads "Cedar Fair's Kings Island". I have never heard anyone use the "Cedar Fair" with "Kings Island".

I hope its not a waterpark attraction. And as much as I'd love another coaster, I have to admit, theres not enough "flat rides" as people call them. How about a ferris wheel? Maybe buldoze that POS Tomb Raider and put the big log flume back in. And the Antique cars: Big Mistake. I was thinking about that. My mom would actually get on that ride. Very stupid move on Paramounts part, especially when they had PLENTY of room to put IJST elsewhere since KI is currently only sitting on a 4th of what they actually own.

Anyway my point is the coaster experience is pretty good. And while we may not have a true hyper, we have the world's only wooden hyper! How about a unique indoor looping coaster? Or a flying dutchmen coaster? How about a classic steel looping coaster, or One of the world's best wooden coasters in the world?

Yeah we could have a B&M this or a B&M that, but in all reality the coaster experience feels pretty complete when you ride every one of them. Now they need to enhance the "Family fun" part and put in more simple rides.

I heard that there is a second phantom theater coming in 2008

I would hate for anyone to call you a rumor monger, so if you could come up with details and a legitimate source (other than Lemon Chill guy, Dippin' Dots guy, or Cabana Lady), it would seriously help out.

I don't think those videos of the Phantom Theater are really from the park. First off if you saw the other two videos listed the person uses the same font type for text in all of his videos.

I challenge anyone to ride Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia, or better yet, Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure, then tell me B and M hypers are tame. If you had said Apollo or Raging Bull, I might agree with you.

Ive rode Goliath at SGOG and it is one awesome coaster! Tons of air time!

=]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kwindshawne
I hope its not a waterpark attraction. And as much as I'd love another coaster, I have to admit, theres not enough "flat rides" as people call them. How about a ferris wheel? Maybe buldoze that POS Tomb Raider and put the big log flume back in. And the Antique cars: Big Mistake. I was thinking about that. My mom would actually get on that ride. Very stupid move on Paramounts part, especially when they had PLENTY of room to put IJST elsewhere since KI is currently only sitting on a 4th of what they actually own.

Anyway my point is the coaster experience is pretty good. And while we may not have a true hyper, we have the world's only wooden hyper! How about a unique indoor looping coaster? Or a flying dutchmen coaster? How about a classic steel looping coaster, or One of the world's best wooden coasters in the world?

Yeah we could have a B&M this or a B&M that, but in all reality the coaster experience feels pretty complete when you ride every one of them. Now they need to enhance the "Family fun" part and put in more simple rides.

I agree. The park is too "hollywood" for me, even though a lot of the movie themes have been taken out. Removing the antique cars took a lot of the family type atmosphere away for me. Now when I look at IJ, I see California hollywood BS. It is an ok ride, but not worth the wait in my opinion. Sorry, that darn elephant at the present log ride needs to go...when on a water ride, it is ok to get wet naturally, but to be intentionally doused..I hate it, therefore I don't ride it anymore. Yes, they need more flat rides to get the family atmosphere back. Bigger and badder is not always better.

Then I take it you don't ride WhiteWater Canyon? I think the elephant should stay. If the elephant wasn't there you would just get a little wet, if at all.

The scenes from that Phantom Theater video above is from the movie "the Shadow" with Alec Baldwin, released in the early 90's. Good movie, but definitely not a new Phantom Theater promotion. Some people have too much time on their hands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Truthfully I think they should have left antique cars where they were and put IJ between The Racer north and Flight of Fear. As far as the next two years i have a small idea on whats going on. For a new ride everyone i see is talking about adding to Action Zone but ill say i think the addition for 09 you all are on the wrong side of the park. Im really in hopes that we get merry oldies cars from GL. Really as far as next year i havent herd much but i do know they are taken The Racers back old school. Can anyone guess what i mean? Like how it was when it first opened..

What if they just took out timberwolf, they would put a nice small coaster or ride in its spot because they have a decent amount of room before coming in contact with topgun once timberwolf was removed, they could then make a new concert area somewhere if you want a ride back there. However, its very unlikely that would probably be the best motive for making a new coaster or ride in that area of the park.

Well yes, but this threat is talking about removing rides in that area, thefore i was going with the topic .. I want them to make action theater one line and take out the other one and make it pavement and make it go under part of the forward racers to open up in all that space back there since if they keep building more in xbase that one entrance is gonna get pretty crammed .. thats another entrance to it, or another new themed area cause tahts really the only way to expand .. they wont expand by The Beast and I couldnt agree more about NOT expanding around The Beast :P