New ride for 2008?

DropZone99

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KI definitely needs more flats. I'm really not sure what they need though. I think one of the more underrated flats is Condor at Six Flags Great America. Imagine Shake, Rattle, & Roll, but the arms don't tilt and it goes about 60 feet in the air. I think that's a very fun ride, and if they made something like that, but about 150 feet tall and with arms that tilted like Shake, Rattle, & Roll, that would be a really thrilling ride I think!

Or they could just invest in CHAOS! That's probably my favorite flat ever. It's so out of control :D

Hmmm. Six Flags removed ALL their Chaos's after an incident with one at Michigan's Adventure.

http://masstort.org/site/index.php?id=22

David Althoff, Jr. has said this ride is "The one that demonstrated conclusively that you cannot visually check a bolt for proper torque."

http://capital2.capital.edu/admin-staff/da.../usmiadv01.html

The one at Cedar Point is one of the very few remaining. The ride is difficult to maintain and frequently has low ridership. I can't imagine Cedar Fair (or anyone else) buying a new one, though I could see them moving the one(s) they have. Maybe. This ride, like Demon Drop, falls into the category of "If you like them, ride them while you can, as the day is coming you won't be able to."

I've been wanting to ride a S&S Skyswatter, but beings as the one I know of in the US was moved from Astroworld to Six Flags New England, and is now being removed from SFNE, I don't like it's chances.

Chaos has been a hassle for Cedar Fair, I believe they had two seperate instances with that ride that were made public about injuries, so I doubt that.

Hopefully we get some flats from GL.

I've been wanting to ride a S&S Skyswatter, but beings as the one I know of in the US was moved from Astroworld to Six Flags New England, and is now being removed from SFNE, I don't like it's chances.

Chaos has been a hassle for Cedar Fair, I believe they had two seperate instances with that ride that were made public about injuries, so I doubt that.

Hopefully we get some flats from GL.

Chaos has proven to be quite unreliable but still was a good ride for the thrill value.I believe that there was some sort of restraint issue relating to a design flaw that led SF to remove them though...the one at SFA was plauged with mechanical problems & would get stuck mid cycle quite frequently.