CP and the whole summer

Legend Rider

So I visited CP A LOT this summer... and that faded out...

Oh Boy!!

Who's ready to experience the park!?

Raptor, Demon Drop, Mantis, Millennium Force, maXair, Wicked Twister, Kiddy Kingdom!

The Train, Calypso, Turnpike Cars!

Back up... what?

Thats right, a whole lot of "what does this mean?"

as some of you may know, I operated coasters and rides at CP last year, and this year as well, and things didnt work out so well...

so that mini list, is my Trained at list... certified to run each fully, less the engine staff, the kiddy kingdom carrousel, krazy kars, 4x4s, and sir rub a dubs tubs.

Last year it was a much larger list...

Magnum, Raptor, Power Tower... Wicked Twister, the Train and Top Thrill Dragster, Mantis, Demon Drop, Midway Carrousel, Skyride, Skyhawk, Gemini, Witches Wheel, Camp Snoopy, and the Monster, maXair...

Yeah, I had my fun.

so this year, I was pleased with Raptor's performance until the lift died, the crew got angry, and I was forced to leave the ride... new Home... Wicked Twister, I dont know what it was, but last year's crew made me feel more at home, this year was way better organized, but it just made me so bored, the best Crew night ever had happened there, and it was themed to Mario, and purely amazing.

Request for transfer tooooooooooo... MANTIS!

Thats right, we flip you upside down 4 times in 4 ways, OH BOY! whos ready to ride the mantis!?

"Guests waiting in line, due to the rain we will be removing the 2nd train, once again, making your 2 hour wait into a 4 hour weight. (Riot in queue line) I know ya mad."

It happens, Cedar Fair imposed a new rule after Maverick Openned, stating that all roller coasters should shut down for rain, if you would carry an umbrella in it, why run it!?

So yeah... 1 train operation at any ride is boring, but it happens, and you deal with it... lines get long, people moan and *****... excuse me, what?

Yes, *****y people, come on, you know it happens, everyone has seen a cursing sailor amusement park patron. "EXCUSE ME, CAN SOMEONE GET ME A TOWEL!? SOMEONE HAS ****ED ON MY SEAT!!"

entire crew rolls with laughter... hey, it happens.

Lets see, many times did I climb the 145 feet, and decob, climb the huge set of spirals for each of the B&M Beasts, it was kinda nice, except the whole, hold a paddle to face the oncoming sandusky wind, as a train approaches you in the block of raptor, not fun, had the train come, I would have cried... the stairs rumble and shake so much! same with Mantis, but thats a different story.

So many social events happened, Ride Nights, DRAMA... yeah, CP, We know drama. :lol:

so on to the actual rides...

My evaluations as a whole for the 2007 season...

Zone1:

Raptor... Great, Smooth... scratch that, its getting rough, 7/10

Blue Streak: "This ride is better than sex" where else you going to get ten humps in under 2 minutes? 8/10

Calypso: I never thought a soundtrack could get so hilarious, calypso music all day... lol 7/10

Turnpikes: my first car ride at CP, interesting roadsters... lol 5/10

Skyride: it gets you from A to B and B to A, thats about it, and it gets kinda scary... 4/10

Demon Drop: I'm scared! b*tch is acting up, always... 4/10

Wow! I didnt ride Disaster Transport this year!

maXair: one of the best flats around! yes better than Delirium... 8/10

Wicked TWISTER: Nice, powerful, bad wheels, bad game... 7/10 old friend.

Zone 2:

Chaos... NO! MAAM!

Wildcat: still nice, 8/10 be prepared for sudden stops.........ERRRRR

Iron Dragon: Dragon Iron, Tin Lizard... yeah, its great... 7/10

Mantis: yeah, the bug, I found a new love for stand-up coasters! 9/10 Oh Boy!!

Millennium Force: If it don't fit, Force it! no, maam, you cannot ride, for your safety.:! 8/10

Zone 4:

Not me, not getting wet, Snake, TC, nope...

Maverick: Yeah, its kinda like that, no, i didnt get hurt on the restraints... 9/10

Mean Streak: only sit in odd # rows... better for me than previously... 7/10

Gemini: its not racing so well... 6/10

Skyhawk: Skywhale, Skyorca... whatev... love it... Mean it! 8/10

Train: again, transit... it helps... 6/10

Mine Ride: "stackin like IHOP" 7/10

Zone 3:

Dragster: uhh, that line!? no... 7/10

Power Tower... not this year... :P

Corkscrew... yeah, i tottally skipped that too I think...

Paddlewheel Excursion: yeah, corny jokes, and 2 roller coasters... its pretty sweet! 8/10

Last but not least...

the one

the only

MAGNUM XL-200:

Oh yes, I love it, and you should too!!

its the world's first hyper coaster, and after a nice little accident, its still running great, 3 trains again, interval is being met and exceeded... its nice... Miss it... yeah 10/10... best in park, good game

Magnum XL-two-diddy!

Peace Out Girl Scout.

• 4 weeks later...
Magnum and MF pwn the crap out of everything else in that park. But I do love me some CHAOS every now and then...

You better put on a helmet so it doesnt make a mess when Chaos BLOWS YOUR MIND

Magnum - YES, MF and TTD... you ride 'em once, you're pretty set. Last weekend I was up there and didn't ride either, but managed to squeeze in several rides on Magnum and Maverick.

• 2 weeks later...

After all these years Magnum is still constantly ranked very very high, it is awesome, I think I have to make The force my favourite but magnum is a close close second, and the line is usually pretty short. One of the really awesome things about magnum is it is a sky scraper at 200 feet tall yet it has the old chain system that pulls you really slow up that huge hill, not to mention the view of the lake, the new coasters as awesome and high as they are go up the hill too fast to really take it in, I love that slow climb and I love that 2nd hill almost as tall as the first one.

The Magnum is by far my favorite coaster at CP. The thing is just fantastic, if I were allowed to have any coaster in my backyard (assuming I have one that would fit Magnum) it would be Magnum. Looking back retropectivly, thanks to the JC night (10 rides, no trims, in a row) I believe I rode Magnum over 50 times this season (12 visits.) It also is always my last ride of the night, just a classic airtime machine.