An unofficial PKI fan day out of PKI off season?

italianchef

I had an idea. What if after PKI closes for the season some of us PKI fans meet at a restaurant, eat, and watch PKI-inspired TV including:

1. The BRADY BUNCH Kings Island Episode (which I have on tape)

2. The PARTRIDGE FAMILY Kings Island Episode (which I have on tape)

3. Other PKI appearances on The Travel Channel & Discovery Channel (which I have).

We could all meet at Siam Orchid Thai Restaurant in Alexandria, KY on a Sunday after PKI closes for the season. On Sundays, the restaurant has a dirt cheap all you can eat Chinese and Thai buffet which I think is under $6. It normally costs money to rent the "party room" which has a TV and VCR. However, since the owner-chef and I are friends, it'd only cost the price of the individual buffets. Plus, if enough people show interest...I'll make a tray of my famous lasagna and place it with the Thai & Chinese buffet.

Anyone interested? We can all talk about how much we miss PKI, watch KI-inspired TV, and munch on Thai, Chinese, and Italian food for low prices. Let me know.

Sincerely,

The Italian Chef

:chef:

i'm all for it... i dont know aobut hte sunday after, i would think sometime later in the year... maybe halfway between closing day and opening day... to clear the "off-season blues" we will all have by then... But yeah, sounds like a great idea Chef! I'm excited to meet fellow pki enthusiasts!

Sounds great Chef! The only problem would be that most people seen to live somewhere between Mason and Dayton, so it would be a long drive. But hey, living 20 mins from you, I'm all for it. The plan sounds good as far as the resteraunt goes, but we'll have to get people to commit to bringing their videos. I would recommend doing it in January which is the heart of the off-season blues.

1/18 is my 21st birthday, Chef. If it's that day you're SO getting me drunk. :D

Boddah,

I CAN get you drunk at Siam Orchid. Every time I go there after 8 PM the owners and I share wine....so much so that I need a designated driver. You'd better be sure you have one on your birthday!

Cheers!

Italian Chef

1/18 is my 21st birthday, Chef.  If it's that day you're SO getting me drunk.  :D

Boddah,

I CAN get you drunk at Siam Orchid. Every time I go there after 8 PM the owners and I share wine....so much so that I need a designated driver. You'd better be sure you have one on your birthday!

Cheers!

Italian Chef

lol.. I'll work something out. Perhaps a cab.

If it is on the 21st, you guys have to come. I'd love to spend by b-day with PKICers!

well chef, either day should be good for me.... i am currently unemployed, and looking for a new job, but i will make sure to have a pretty flexible schedule for those couple weeks... even if i have to make up some lame excuse ;) Looking forward to seeing everyone. :cowboy:

Chef Here is a strange request.

I'm from Pittsburgh,and I can't make it to the off season meeting but I would love a copy of the Brady Bunch,and The Partridge Family.Even the other videos containig PKI.Would you be able to make me a VHS copy of them? I will pay for the tapes and postage.Or better yet if you are going to the last day nov 2nd, I could meet up with you there and get them.I have a really cool dvd of our local park (Kennywood its not a comercial copy it was made by a friend who is an enthusiast) I could make you a copy of that if you want. Let me know either on here or you can e-mail me. JIMMYJAMZITH@aol.com

Chef Here is a strange request.

I'm from Pittsburgh,and I can't make it to the off season meeting but I would love a copy of the Brady Bunch,and The Partridge Family.Even the other videos containig PKI.Would you be able to make me a VHS copy of them? I will pay for the tapes and postage.Or better yet if you are going to the last day nov 2nd, I could meet up with you there and get them.I have a really cool dvd of our local park (Kennywood its not a comercial copy it was made by a friend who is an enthusiast) I could make you a copy of that if you want. Let me know either on here or you can e-mail me. JIMMYJAMZITH@aol.com

Jimmy,

You can buy the Partridge Family episode on www.bestbuy.com and it comes with FREE delivery. The name of the tape is "Stars in our eyes". I'd be happy to make a copy of The Brady Bunch episode and mail it to you...but I only have 1 VCR. If I find someone who can dub it...it'll contact you.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

• 2 weeks later...

After the 2nd great PKIC Day, we came to an agreement on the un-official PKI Video Day at Siam Orchid.

It'll be on Sunday, January 18th, 2004 from 11 AM to 2 PM. Dane will soon post more information. Thus far, I have have the following videos:

1. The Brady Bunch at Kings Island.

2. The Partridge Family at Kings Island.

3. Top 10 Coasters (featuring The Beast and SOB)

4. Extreme Thrill Rides (featuring Delirium)

5. A PKI-oriented SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone else has videos they want to bring, please do.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In addition to watching PKI videos and dining on Thai & Chinese cuisine...we'll be celebrating Boddah's birthday. Additionally, I think that Dan may or may not discuss his ideas for expanding PKIC. It should be a fun day. Therefore, I hope that people can make it.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef