Have you ever been scared of a KI ride?

DropZone99

I was wandering if any of you have ever chickened out on a ride at KI.

When SOB first opened my siste told me it fell off the loop, and a bunch of other stuff so i never rode it untill 2002. I also chickened out on Drop Zone a few years ago, but i ride it all the time now.

=]

heh, i never really chickened out. i almost did, but my mom and dad barely got me on the SOB. that was my first coaster. i was terrified, it even stopped at the top for 5 mins... after that i wasnt afraid of any coasters... i loved em! lol i actually got to ride it twice in a row, it was back in its first year of operation with one train, so when we got back my sis was gonna ride with my mom, but she chickened out and i took her place. that was a way better second ride! i was not afraid of it anymore...

Until this year you couldnt get me on any roller coaster with inversions but now i just go to the park and have lots to choose from although now i want to go up to Cedar Point so i can ride all of the rides up there especially Maverick but i dont know when or if i will ever get that chance :(

When I was a little kid and finally tall enough to ride King Cobra. You know King Cobra really had no real height requirement, you just had to straddle the seat and have you feet flat on the floor. I believe though the height requirement was closer to 54 inches though. I chickened out on I waited in line got all the way to the station and was going to board the train, but turned around and left. I finally did get my first ride though several weeks later. I don't remember what year this was, probably sometime in 1988.

When I first came to KI when I was around eight years old I was not the coaster rider I am today. I did not want to ride roller coasters like Flight of Fear and Vortex, even beast. The ride I remember being most scared to go on was FoF. Oh, and for the first time ever, last week Drop Zone actually made me nervous.

• 2 weeks later...
the only ride at ki i have been afraid of is the zedfer

Do you mean Zephyr?

I was terrified of rollercoasters until I was 18 when my brother and sister virtually dragged me onto the Rebel Yell coaster at Kings Dominion. I had all this fear and anxiety going up the first hill (which seemed to take forever), but after we reached the bottom my first thought was "That's what I was afraid of? This is so cool! Let's go again!" I had the same feeling the first time I rode a looping coaster, which was the King Cobra. Again, after coming out of the loop my thoughts were the same, and I've been a coaster and thrill-ride fan ever since.

Mike B.