I miss this

Dvo

Here's a good story about them.

When I was about 12 or 13, I was too scared to ride ANYTHING

If it didn't stay on the ground, forget about it.

My sister took me to KI, saying she would break my fear!

We rode the normal stuff. Scrambler, monster, spinning barrels.

I got a little nervous on Shake, Rattle, and Roll. It went a little too high, and a little too sideways for me.

We got off of that and right there, was the Eagles.

I was still shaken up a bit, but she told me, Look, you control how high it goes. I'll let you control it, if you want to stay low, thats fine, she says. I agree.

So here we go. I start out fine, keep that baby all the way over to keep us low. Then she starts in with,"just let it go out a bit, and then bring it back.

I pulled it all the way over. Bam!!!! Out we went. So fast that I lost my grip on the handle!

When I grabbed it out of desparation, I brought it all the way back in. Boom!!!! In we go.

I lost total control of the darn thing, and was fearing for my life the whole time......It's kind of tough for a kid to be screaming uncontrollably, thinking you're gonna die. The whole time the person sitting next to you is laughing her butt off!!!!

Anyway, got off that crazy thing and went about our day....By the end of the day, I had ridden The Racer, AND The Beast. I have been a coaster junkie ever sense. That was in the mid 80's.

Would you believe that after all that time I NEVER got back on those Eagles!!!!LOL

Those things almost made me pee my pants!!!!

I got the snapping of cables by accident, and if you aren't trying to do it. It's pretty darn scary!!!!!

LOL

^ Nice story, but, who cares? They weren't scary the last time I rode them, then again I rode it right after I rode The Vortex.

Please don't speak for the rest of us, obviously a lot of people liked the story. Here's one thing I can speak for quite a few people on here for.... We're sick of your posting! ;)

Yikes. This is turning ugly...

Anyway... Nice story TomKatt! And get off your pedestal, Beast1979. The eagles were one of the best parts of my visit to KI. I used to work in Kenwood and if I got out around 7 or 8, I'd often make a few-hour trip up to KI and just ride the eagles again and again. Those were the days... <3