2008 Season Pass Info

BoddaH1994

I don't think its that simple.

I think each person or family will have to decide which perks are better for them CP Point Perks, or KI Gold Perks, then purchase their pass accordingly. If you bounce back and forth between the two parks, then maybe Point Perks are better for you, but if you are the type that makes that one trip up north each season, Gold Perks may be better for you.

I plan on buying platinum, just because the day prices for Coastermania and CoasterEXT last year totaled $53 and the Maxx upgrade was $50. This year Platinum is $50 above a Gold, so if the event prices hold steady, I should be able to break even on the upgrade, and then if I so happen to get near another CF park, I am covered.

I will give you that Cedar Point is cunning. A CP Only pass is $105, a CP Platinum is $140. To add parking to a CP Only pass is $50. Please hit the person who buys a CP Only and a parking pass with a sledgehammer, as that would total $155! Thats more than platinum which includes parking.

Ah, but take your family of four. Dad buys Platinum to get parking, then buys Mom and the two kids CP Only passes. Sounds reasonable, but now the rest of the family doesn't get Point Perks, and you CAN'T add Joe Cool to a CP Only pass!! If the family is used to having Joe Cool, that is a cunning way to add $105 more on to their pass bill!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedar Fair Platinum Pass Benefits:

Grants you access to all Cedar Fair properties, both dry parks and waterparks excluding Castaway Bay and Star Trek: The Experience. This grants you season long parking at all Cedar Fair properties as well as platinum benefits at all Cedar Fair parks where offered.

So after reading the above, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there could be confusion between the "Point Perks" and the Cedar Point platinum benefits...

Basically, I don't think Point Perks = Joe Cool, where as Point Perks is hotel, merch, and food discounts. So can anyone confirm if Joe Cool will be considered a "platinum benefit"? Because if so, then you could still have your platinum pass processed at KI and still get Joe Cool at CP (but maybe not the Point Perks).

Then using the same logic, won't the Gold Pass perks at KI be considered the platinum benefits for Platinum Pass holders? i.e. if you get your Platinum Pass processed at CP, then wouldn't you still be able to get Gold Pass perks at KI?

Also, thanks for everyone's help with answering my previous questions! And based on those answers can anyone confirm that if I order my Platinum Pass online from Knott's, and get it processed at Knott's that I will STILL be able to get free parking at any CF park in 2008, and that I will STILL be able to get KI Gold Pass perks and Joe Cool at CP? Because based on the Platinum Pass description, I would say those answers should all be yes!!

3. So now, I've been under the impression that my 2007 Maxx Pass is valid through March 31, 2008, however, if I have a processed 2008 Platinum Pass, will I be able to use that for free parking to Knott's Berry Farm on New Year's Day?

Ok -- This is my official response: your 2007 Maxx Pass, with all rights and privlidges will expire at the stroke of midnight, December 31st, 2007. However, on Jan 1st 2008 your 2008 Platinum pass will kick in. To answer your question -- yes, your pass will be good at Knott's on New Year's Day.

When does CP plan on processing season passes next season? KI usually opens in April so wouldn't it be wise to buy your pass at KI if you want to visit the park in April? How is Halloween Haunt going to done next season? Can you use your season pass for 2008 thru October 08'? Is there an upcharge just for haunted houses? How do the other parks work this that have Halloween Haunt?

We are not 100 percent sure how the upcharge will work next year, but it has been said this will be the last year the HH will be free with a season pass or park admission. So remember HH is only on Friday and Saturday nights. So your Pass would still be good for Saturday before HH and all day on Sunday. They will probably only have the park open from 10am till 5pm on Saturdays and then reopen for HH at 7pm, or something like that. I'm not really sure how they will work things out for 2008 HH.

I remember when Fear Fest was a paid attraction....You could purchase your fear fest tickets starting around 6 p.m. Fear Fest started at 7. The park remained open until like 7 or 8. When you entered the park you were given a wrist band to put on. Once Fear Fest opened, to get into the attractions (haunted houses, etc,) you had to show your wrist band. I think they sort of soft closed rides and let guests ride till 8, and FF guests start riding at 7. But once the park officially closed to the "public" (ie non FF purchased tickets), if you didn't have a wrist band you couldn't ride, unless you were already in the que and just waiting your turn.

I know CP includes their hallow weekends in their ticket prices, and season passes (I believe this also includes the haunted events, not just the stuff by day).

3. So now, I've been under the impression that my 2007 Maxx Pass is valid through March 31, 2008, however, if I have a processed 2008 Platinum Pass, will I be able to use that for free parking to Knott's Berry Farm on New Year's Day?

Ok -- This is my official response: your 2007 Maxx Pass, with all rights and privlidges will expire at the stroke of midnight, December 31st, 2007. However, on Jan 1st 2008 your 2008 Platinum pass will kick in. To answer your question -- yes, your pass will be good at Knott's on New Year's Day.

Ok, so what about ordering my Platinum Pass online from Knott's, and then getting it processed there....will I have KI Gold Pass perks in 2008!?

But thanks again for your help!

No you will only get the perks for the park that you purshached your pass at.

But are you sure?? What about this!!

Grants you access to all Cedar Fair properties, both dry parks and waterparks excluding Castaway Bay and Star Trek: The Experience. This grants you season long parking at all Cedar Fair properties as well as platinum benefits at all Cedar Fair parks where offered.

So wouldn't KI's Gold Pass perks be considered part of the "platinum benefits at all Cedar Fair parks"?? And if not, then why not? Because I'm pretty sure on PointBuzz.com people were saying that all Platinum Pass members would now also be Joe Cool!?

No you will only get the perks for the park that you purshached your pass at.

But are you sure?? What about this!!

So wouldn't KI's Gold Pass perks be considered part of the "platinum benefits at all Cedar Fair parks"?? And if not, then why not? Because I'm pretty sure on PointBuzz.com people were saying that all Platinum Pass members would now also be Joe Cool!?

That was a mistake on my part. Joe is correct, the gold/platinum benefits are ONLY good at your home park.

Well, if that's true then that answers that....however, can you ONLY get your KI Platinum Pass processed when KI is open?

Processing starts on the 23rd of this month but the hours of which you can process has not been officially released yet. Most likely they will try to find a way to have the processing center open on weekdays when the park is closed.

It is my understanding that the issue of whether or not home park benefits will be honored on "foreign" (other park) platinum passes is NOT yet decided, but will be VERY soon.

I would think that a company that got lots of complaints about season pass complexity and unfairness would be happy to extend this benefit to their best customers, especially since it costs them so little to do and shows great good will on their part.

I guess time will tell.

It is my understanding that the issue of whether or not home park benefits will be honored on "foreign" (other park) platinum passes is NOT yet decided, but will be VERY soon.

I would think that a company that got lots of complaints about season pass complexity and unfairness would be happy to extend this benefit to their best customers, especially since it costs them so little to do and shows great good will on their part.

I guess time will tell.

I actually think that CF is not going to do this because of us Ohio People. I live in Toledo, so my "home park" is CP, but Ive made down to KI 3 times this year and plan one more trip for Halloween. At CP this year, the lines during ERT in the morning have been approaching ridiculous for what should be "ERT" (2 hour wait for Maverick, 45 min for MF on busy days, not to mention TTD opening with a 1+ hour wait) in ways I have never seen before. I believe this happens to be due to all the new sister parks (GL, MIA, KI) that are so close to each other. The key is to strike the balance between giving as much people the perk as possible while still keeping it as a perk. I think its the right way to go with keeping the perks for only your home Platinum park is the way to go.

Think about it, how would it feel to you if all of a sudden all the people who own CF Platnum Passes could use the your Gold Lot? I think you could kiss that perk goodbye unless you were there at opening because of all the extra people who would be eligible for it, also the lines for Speed Land would be longer too. As much as I would love to be able to have those Platnum Perks at KI the 3-5 times I visit it, I would much rather have a smaller crowd for ERT @ CP the close to a dozen times I use that perk.

How would I feel?

Let's see.

I PAID for Joe Cool. Extra on top of my Cedar Point Maxx pass. Can NOT get in Joe Cool ERT with a Cedar Point Maxx pass without paying for Joe Cool or staying on property. And I PAID $75 for Ohio parking. With NO credit for the free parking I had had at Carowinds. Can NOT get gold benefits at Carowinds or Kings Island, but those parks Maxx people DO get in Joe Cool. How very...unfair.

Then I find out KI people with Maxx passes are getting in Joe Cool ERT for free, and parking at Cedar Point for FREE withOUT paying for Ohio parking.

This is why *I* started the topic about Season Pass Complexity and Unfairness. So, how would I feel if Cedar Fair's BEST customers who paid the most for their passes got benefits for doing so? Darn better.

That's how.

^So what is your opinion on this then? Do you support giving every CF PP member PP perks at every CF park or only giving them PP perks at their home park?

Personally, I think the way to go is what Busch has done for ages, you get "Platnum Perks" only at your home park (like ERT, free preferred parking, etc,) but you still get Free Parking, Admission, and their 10% off purchases in park at away parks.

Im just confused about what you think is the right way to proceeed, in one post your talking about simplifying the passes so that everyone gets the same thing but in the next post you are argueing that only CP people should get Joe Cool? Where do you stand?

I stand that Joe Cool should NOT be a platinum pass benefit, should be available for PURCHASE by any Platinum Pass member, and that the passes should have easily understood rules that are UNIFORMLY applied to all.

The current program is anything but. I also have no problem with Joe Cool being part of the Platinum Pass benefit. Either way is fine, just be consistent.

In 2007, legacy Paramount Parks passholders got benefits at CP that CP passholders had to pay for, and dearly. That's just not right. There were even people who got admission to legacy PP parks with a CF pass during 2006.

Programs work best when they are easily understood, by employees, by customers and by potential buyers. Gotchas that appear from nowhere make for unhappy guests.

Cedar Fair has apparently priced the Platinum Pass the same regardless of where you buy it. Fine. Make the benefits the same, too. If they need to price them appropriately, I understand, and I am sure others will too. Just be fair, and most of all, consistent.

Maybe not this year, but soon, i hope that Cedar Fair fully realizes what they are really selling.

With the Platinum Pass, they are NOT selling a Kings Island pass, or a Cedar Fair Pass, or a <insert park name here> Pass. They are selling a Cedar Fair pass. For the same price at any sales outlet.

I think the chain wide parking privilege is a hint that Cedar Fair is getting it. I am all for making it so that no matter which Cedar Fair park you buy a Platinum pass from, that you are really buying a chain season pass not a park season pass, and therefore should get all the perks at all the parks.

Then we network all the park front gates, so that if you buy a Platinum passes, there are no visits to Guest Services. You show up at the park of your choice, and anybody with a platinum pass gets all the same perks and privileges.

Well, I don't care if I have to go up to that Tony dude himself (the CP PR guy) and shake him!! Before buying my Platinum Pass I *WILL* know how the park perks are working...Interpreter said an answer may be known soon, so I'll wait a little to see what (if anything) develops from that.

Unfortunately, the problem last year was that you could go up and "shake down" 10 different people and get 10 different answers. They're working hard this year to clear things up.

Per KI's 2008 Season Pass sales page:

Picture of a Platinum Pass with Kings Island writton on it, along with Platinum Pass.

Below the language reads: Platinum Season Pass

Valid at all Cedar Fair Amusement and Water Parks during the '08 season. Includes FREE PARKING at Kings Island and all other Cedar Fair parks! Plus, enoy all the Gold Pass perks at Kings Island!

Per KI's 2008 Season Pass sales page:

Picture of a Platinum Pass with Kings Island writton on it, along with Platinum Pass.

Below the language reads: Platinum Season Pass

Valid at all Cedar Fair Amusement and Water Parks during the '08 season. Includes FREE PARKING at Kings Island and all other Cedar Fair parks! Plus, enoy all the Gold Pass perks at Kings Island!

I'd say it's safe to assume that if you have a KI Platinum Pass that you'll get KI Gold Pass perks!! The question is....is that where the perks end, period!? Or do you get any other perks for any other parks?! Maybe since this year (unlike last year) the Platinum Pass price is uniform across all parks, there's admisssion to all parks (including water), and free parking everywhere!! So might this result in some uniform perks as well??

As everyone knows if you had a 2007 KI Maxx Pass you got early entry into CP (like a CP Joe Cool person), and while the general assumption has been that will end in 2008....the jury is STILL sort of out on this one as that being confirmed, official, final, and "Kinzel gospel"!!

Given some of the statements Mr. Kinzel has made during past conference calls about the season pass program (most of which were immediately corrected by other Cedar Fair people on the call), I'd rather hear the information confirmed by the managers in charge of the program, and then uniformly and consistently enforced in the parks. The best way is to, as McDonald's believes, KISS--(keep it simple, stupid!). 2007's was anything BUT simple, and we see how that got applied.