2008 Season Pass Info

BoddaH1994

The park has put a Season Pass FAQ up on the offiicial site which may help answer questions:

Season Pass FAQ

Note the sections on parking, I note it says that a parking pass includes parking al att CF parks, not just the Platinum Pass parking. I think they could move to making parking standard on ANY seson pass, then they can rip the pass scanners out of the toll booths at all the parks, and redeploy them to the admissions gates of parks that don't have scanners. All in the interest of getting that pesky trip to Guest Relations out of the picture.

I note in the FAQ, obviosuly written for 2008, that the trip to Guest Relations is still the official procedure when 'park hopping' on your Platinum pass.

I also don't know if they got happy on the copy/paste function, but note that the section on parking passes explicitly states that your parking pass is NOT valid for Haunt in 2008. On Saturdays, that sounds to me like a lot of people arving at the park during normal operating hours, to use the parking pass, then tailgating in the parking lot until Haunt opens. Or if they are visiting the park Saturday, perfect time to not only dodge the parking fee, but dodge the food prices by using the time to have your picnic lunch in the parking lot. Unless they plan on trying to clear the parking lot, and push everybody back through the toll plaza for Haunt.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The park has put a Season Pass FAQ up on the offiicial site which may help answer questions:

Season Pass FAQ

Note the sections on parking, I note it says that a parking pass includes parking al att CF parks, not just the Platinum Pass parking. I think they could move to making parking standard on ANY seson pass, then they can rip the pass scanners out of the toll booths at all the parks, and redeploy them to the admissions gates of parks that don't have scanners. All in the interest of getting that pesky trip to Guest Relations out of the picture.

I note in the FAQ, obviosuly written for 2008, that the trip to Guest Relations is still the official procedure when 'park hopping' on your Platinum pass.

I also don't know if they got happy on the copy/paste function, but note that the section on parking passes explicitly states that your parking pass is NOT valid for Haunt in 2008. On Saturdays, that sounds to me like a lot of people arving at the park during normal operating hours, to use the parking pass, then tailgating in the parking lot until Haunt opens. Or if they are visiting the park Saturday, perfect time to not only dodge the parking fee, but dodge the food prices by using the time to have your picnic lunch in the parking lot. Unless they plan on trying to clear the parking lot, and push everybody back through the toll plaza for Haunt.

The FAQ is very current. A lot of HH stuff has yet to be decided, like if the park will close and reopen, etc.

Two monster questions still not addressed....

1. Do you HAVE to get your season pass processed at the same park you bought it online from? (i.e. can I buy a CP Platinum Pass online, but get that processed at KI?) The guy on the CP fansite said this has still not been determined fully or final yet.

2. Will you ONLY get the park perks for the specific park that your Platinum Pass is based?? While it appears the answer to this is increasingly yes, until I see every CF park website stating this and making it clear, it's still not 100% confirmed yet!

Finally, it says KI Platinum Pass processing won't start until Sunday, Sept. 23rd, but does anyone know when CP will start processing their 08 passes?

1. Do you HAVE to get your season pass processed at the same park you bought it online from? (i.e. can I buy a CP Platinum Pass online, but get that processed at KI?) The guy on the CP fansite said this has still not been determined fully or final yet.

2. Will you ONLY get the park perks for the specific park that your Platinum Pass is based?? While it appears the answer to this is increasingly yes, until I see every CF park website stating this and making it clear, it's still not 100% confirmed yet!

Finally, it says KI Platinum Pass processing won't start until Sunday, Sept. 23rd, but does anyone know when CP will start processing their 08 passes?

1. Yes -- at this time the official word is that you MUST have your pass processed at your home park and you MUST have had your pass already processed in order to gain entry to other parks in 2008. Remember that the 2008 pass is NOT valid for the remainder of 2007, however the benefits will begin on January 1st, 2008.

2. The official word right now is that you will ONLY get the VIP benefits from the park in which you purchased and processed your pass.

3. At this time I do not have any official information about Cedar Point's processing dates.

Cedar Point hasn't put season passes on sale yet. They will begin selling them on September 14th according to the press release from Point Buzz.com. The parks that aren't selling them yet are CP, GL, DP, WOF, Knotts, KD, and Carowinds. I predict within the next few days the websites will be done. Usually you can buy season passes in the Fall but you have to wait until Spring to have them processed. I hope this changes because I would like to visit KI in April when they open for the season. Cedar Point doesn't start processing until the end of April. I hope they change this to the beginning of April so people can go to KI opening weekend.

I hope they're not going to try confiscating your current pass like they did last year.

They will NOT be taking your 07 season passes when you process your 08 this year.

Cedar Point hasn't put season passes on sale yet. They will begin selling them on September 14th according to the press release from Point Buzz.com. The parks that aren't selling them yet are CP, GL, DP, WOF, Knotts, KD, and Carowinds. I predict within the next few days the websites will be done. Usually you can buy season passes in the Fall but you have to wait until Spring to have them processed. I hope this changes because I would like to visit KI in April when they open for the season. Cedar Point doesn't start processing until the end of April. I hope they change this to the beginning of April so people can go to KI opening weekend.

This is NOT an official word from the park, but I wouldn't be surprised at all of CP processed passes at the end of this year and in the pre-season next year like KI has done.

Like I have said in a previous post. Goto the KI 2008 Season pass page. It clearly states that your pass MUST be processed at King's Island, if you purchase it at King's Island.

Like I have said in a previous post. Goto the KI 2008 Season pass page. It clearly states that your pass MUST be processed at King's Island, if you purchase it at King's Island.

According to the Updated FAQ on Cedarpoint.com, the Platinum pass can be processed at ANY park once it's purchased.

"Your Platinum Pass vouchers may be redeemed in person at Cedar Point beginning in the spring of 2008, OR they may be redeemed at any other CFEC amusement park or outdoor waterpark when they begin processing their 2008 Passes. Everyone will have his or her picture taken for 2008, so there will be no renewals by mail this winter.

For instance, even if you purchase your 2008 Platinum Pass at Cedar Point this fall, if you’re visiting Knott’s in January, you may redeem your certificate at Knott’s in January."

See Cedar Point Season Pass FAQ

and the FAQ for Cedar Point also states that Platinum Passes can be used at the turnstile at any park. No need to go to Guest Relations.

Hmmmmm it seems like each park is managing there own information on their websites and there is a lack of common communication and implementation coming from corporate office.

I will admit, it seems more together than last year, but it looks like there is still some confusion, maybe it will get worked out before the start of the season.

It does see more thought out than last season, "Temporary Season Pass" anybody?

Hopefully they are moving to the vision that a Platinum pass is a Cedar Fair pass, not a (insert name of CF owned park here) Pass.

Chain wide parking, being able to use any platinum pass at any parks season pass gate, process the voucher at ANY park, and making the perks the same (buy the PP get all the perks at every park), would go a LONG way towards making this a reality.

Hmm, since at least for CP, you are allowed to process the voucher at any park, does that mean each park will have cardstock for each park, or will the look and feel for a Platinum Pass be the same regardless of where purchased?

On the "Info" page they totally contradict themselves, saying ALL passes must be processed at the park of purchase.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission...passes/info.cfm

Season Passes are valid ONLY at the park of purchase. All Passes must be redeemed, processed and upgraded at the park through which they were purchased.

They're not really contradicting themselves, but it should be more clear. In that sentence, they're referring to CP only Season Passes ("valid ONLY at the park of purchase). The sentence right below that one is talking about the Platinum pass.

Last I checked, "all passes" would include regular season passes, platinum passes, etc.

The info below that, about Platinum Passes specifically, does not say anything about processing Platinums specifically, which leads me to believe the statement I posted before is, indeed, intended to include all types of passes.

I think thats only Cedar Point but I could be wrong.

Well, if I buy my Platinum Pass from Cedar Point and I get it processed at another park....I'll have Point Perks associated with my Pass...TRUST ME!!

Otherwise, Cedar Fair...I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOU!!! It was scary reading this on the CF's website:

For instance, even if you purchase your 2008 Platinum Pass at Cedar Point this fall, if you’re visiting Knott’s in January, you may redeem your certificate at Knott’s in January

Since that will be my exact situation now! (I'm making my girlfriend buy my Platinum Pass for my birthday in early November).

So again Cedar Fair...thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! And PLEASE don't change this policy cuz my girlfriend and I are booking our LA plane tickets for New Year's THIS weekend! (also they better have Season Pass cards stocked as I could picture a problem with that!) But I'll be sure to show ya'll our hottness processed 08 Platinum Pass in January! ;)

Well, if I buy my Platinum Pass from Cedar Point and I get it processed at another park....I'll have Point Perks associated with my Pass...TRUST ME!!

Otherwise, Cedar Fair...I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOU!!! It was scary reading this on the CF's website:

For instance, even if you purchase your 2008 Platinum Pass at Cedar Point this fall, if you’re visiting Knott’s in January, you may redeem your certificate at Knott’s in January

Since that will be my exact situation now! (I'm making my girlfriend buy my Platinum Pass for my birthday in early November).

So again Cedar Fair...thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! And PLEASE don't change this policy cuz my girlfriend and I are booking our LA plane tickets for New Year's THIS weekend! (also they better have Season Pass cards stocked as I could picture a problem with that!) But I'll be sure to show ya'll our hottness processed 08 Platinum Pass in January! ;)

Ok, listen up. I have some information.

They have made the policy in which you CAN get your Platinum Pass processed at ANY Cedar Fair park, HOWEVER you have to bear in mind that the technology is different with some parks so if you have your pass made at another park, you may or may not be able to scan in at Kings Island. You may have to go to GR every time and get a stamp. Therefore it is recommended that you get your pass processed at your home park.

Also, note that you will only have Platinum Benefits at that park in which you PROCESSED your pass.

Sweet Jebus...Moodswing much?

Take a chill pill.

I refuse....the "complexity and unfairness" ;) is bull crap....however, for what it's worth, people on PointBuzz were consoling me that I should still get Point Perks even if I get my Platinum Pass processed at Knott's...so for now, back to sort of liking CF if true.

Ok, listen up. I have some information.

They have made the policy in which you CAN get your Platinum Pass processed at ANY Cedar Fair park, HOWEVER you have to bear in mind that the technology is different with some parks so if you have your pass made at another park, you may or may not be able to scan in at Kings Island. You may have to go to GR every time and get a stamp. Therefore it is recommended that you get your pass processed at your home park.

Also, note that you will only have Platinum Benefits at that park in which you PROCESSED your pass.

CORRECTION!!!

I retract that statement. Your benefits will be at the park in which you PURCHASED your pass, not processed. I apologize for the inconvenience.