Demon Drop...

DropZone99

I've heard the Demon Drop rumor so many times, but i was just thinking how awesome it would be to have it here. DD is one of my favorite thrill rides ever, and it is for sale isn't it? It could fit great in Coney Maul where Euro Bungie and the laser tag building is. Im not saying i think it's coming here, im just dreaming...

=]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Since we have DZ, DD really has no place at KI.

Sure it gives somewhat of a different ride, but not enough to warrent a removal at CP/ rebuild at KI.

But the real question is; since DD has been for sale for a couple years now, what is in store for that land it currently sits on?

CP is notorious for planning WAY ahead (i.e. removal of Dodgems for TTD, removal of Aquarium arcade for WT, removal of swan boats & WWL for Maverick etc.).

If the ride was not worth being open, they would have dismantled it by now since it appears it will not be sold.

... or I am just thinking too much at 2:41am.

;)

Demon Drop really is amazing. I wish it was higher, but its a fantastic drop ride. And how is it unsafe? It's been operating very reliably for 24 years. I make it a point to ride it at least once every time I go. Usually twice, since its always a walk-on :D

Demon Drop is the ONLY ride at Cedar Point that I still freak out on right before the drop, even millenium force or top thrill don't really do it for me, so yes it would be a dream come true if we got it at KI it would be even better if it was themed as amazingly as "Mr. Hydes Nasty Fall" at Geauga Lake. However its for sale because its too expensive to maintain, in fact Mr. Hydes Nasty Fall was torn down to be used for replacement parts for DD, so theres no way CF would ever move it to another park, it will stay at CP until someone buys it or it falls apart.

I would love for Demon Drop to come to KI, in my opinion it's alot funner than DZ.

=]

:o I am in shock. How could you say such a thing? Demon Drop better than Drop Zone? Is the world coming to an end. I love Demon Drop but it is in no way, shape, or form better than Drop Zone. I am apalled t your comment. :P

I would love for Demon Drop to come to KI, in my opinion it's alot funner than DZ.

=]

:o I am in shock. How could you say such a thing? Demon Drop better than Drop Zone? Is the world coming to an end. I love Demon Drop but it is in no way, shape, or form better than Drop Zone. I am apalled t your comment. :P

I don't know why... but i don't really like DZ. It's not boaring, it's exciting and kind of scary... just for some reason i don't like it.

I totally agree with FOFirehawkFAN. Demon Drop (and other first generation freefalls) is the only drop ride that still gets me, every time. That little bounce before the fall just gets me! There is a kiddie ride that repeats that bounce over and over and over and over. I have never been so anxious on anything else in my life! People at IAAPA were laughing themselves silly watching me!

As to IAAPA, not sure yet. May go to Gibbtown instead...I have wanted to do that for many, many years. And yes, that was the Froghopper. It's amazing how many kiddie rides are more severe than most adult rides. High Speed Thrill Coaster at Knoebels, any Kiddie Whip (unlike adult whips, most have NOT been slowed down..)

• 3 weeks later...