2008 Season Passes on Sale Now, Maxx Pass Goes Platinum, Halloween Haunt, Cincinnati Cyclones at Kings Island

With Halloween Haunt on the horizon, it means it's time to start thinking about getting your 2008 season pass. Kings Island has a brand new season pass program which will not only make the program a lot more simplified, but will also give you a lot more bang for your buck!

Kings Island Pass

Benefits: Unlimited access to Kings Island's many rides, shows and attractions for the entire 2008 season!

Kings Island Gold Pass

Benefits: Unlimited access to Kings Island's many rides, shows and attractions for the entire 2008 season plus special VIP benefits like early ride times, special meal deals, a reserved parking area, early access to Boomerang Bay and more!

Cedar Fair Platinum Pass New!

Benefits: Cedar Fair has merged the Maxx Pass and Maxx Pass Plus programs giving you access to ALL Cedar Fair amusement parks and water parks* for the 2008 season. Includes parking at all Cedar Fair parks as well as Gold Pass benefits at your home park.

*Excludes Castaway Bay and Star Trek: The Experience

Still not enough? If you purchase your season pass before November 11th, Kings Island will even throw in a FREE Cedar Fair jacket! Jackets will be available for pick-up at the park from 10am - 4pm between October 28, 2007 and November 11, 2007. Jackets not claimed before 11/11/07 may be picked up at the park in April of 2008. Sizes range from Youth Large to XXXL and will be available on a first come, first serve basis. One jacket per pass purchased!

Anyone renewing their season pass before November 11th will be awarded FREE parking. Please note that a 2008 season pass will NOT be valid for the remainder of 2007. Click here to be taken to PKI.com where you can purchase your 2008 season pass page for pricing, full benefits. and the ability to purchase your 2008 pass!

Also don't forget that summer may have come and past, but the season at Kings Island is far from over! This year, Kings Island has revamped its Halloween-inspired event by adding new mazes and adding even more monsters to create Halloween Haunt, which will bring this typically warm and sunny amusement park to an all-new level of evil! Gates to the underworld for Halloween Haunt will be open from 7 p.m. until 1 a.m. every Friday and Saturday night September 28 through October 27 and daily from 7 p.m. to midnight October 28-31. For general information about Halloween Haunt, please go to the Halloween Haunt home page. Also don't forget to prepurchase your Halloween Haunt tickets!!

Halloween Haunt will include graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences. Parents, please be advised.

Mark your calendars now for Oct 21st when Kings Island and Cincinnati's 'coolest' home team bring you Meet the Cyclones Day at Kings Island. The Cyclones will be available to pose for photos and sign autographs from 1pm to 3pm on Oct 21st. We'll have more details as they arrive.

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? No Matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

Guest faceoff

I ordered my 2008 platinum pass. The order process was quick and painless. After the order is

complete,print your voucher and take to season pass center for processing. The voucher also

has free parking for all Cedar Fair parks. At bottom of voucher, information for jacket says, pick up

is 10am-4pm- october 28-november 11. :rolleyes:

i have a question, actually 2 of them. from what i understand if you buy a pass before november 11th, you get free parking, but only if you have a 2007 pass? how does this work, i think it would be hard to regulate who did and didnt have a pass. I for one am debating on a gold or platinum pass, on the sole issue of whether ill get free parking or not with the gold if i buy before november 11th... and also, can you upgrade your pass? like pay the difference and upgrade from a regular to a gold or gold to platinum? and also, what about the speed lanes, are they coming back next year?

i have a question, actually 2 of them. from what i understand if you buy a pass before november 11th, you get free parking, but only if you have a 2007 pass? how does this work, i think it would be hard to regulate who did and didnt have a pass. I for one am debating on a gold or platinum pass, on the sole issue of whether ill get free parking or not with the gold if i buy before november 11th... and also, can you upgrade your pass? like pay the difference and upgrade from a regular to a gold or gold to platinum? and also, what about the speed lanes, are they coming back next year?

You must present a season pass at processing to get the free parking. Yes, you can upgrade later in the season. I don't have any information about speed lanes at this time.

Why would they do that anyway. The only reason they did it last year was for the free parking and they still let me keep mine. Also your 2007 season pass purchased last fall was good for the rest of 2006. You bought a 2007 season pass good for the whole season, it wouldn't be a good business measure for them to say, sorry but you bought a 2008 season pass, you can no longer use your 2007 season pass for entrance for the rest of the season, and your 2008 season pass isn't valid until next season. Can you imagine what would happen if they ever tried to do that?

So according to CPs website you can process your season pass at any park reguardless of where you bought the voucher from. For example you can buy a voucher from CP and process it at KI so you can get Joe Cool and because KI will have processing soon and CP won't have it til next spring. Does this mean no matter where you process it all Platinum Passes will look the same?

And does it mean you get your home park benefits at your home park even if you process somewhere else? The Cedar Point website makes it quite clear you can process a Platinum Pass at any Cedar Fair park, but the Kings Island website says a Kings Island Platinum Pass MUST be processed at Kings Island.

What makes this far more difficult is that Cedar Point is, to my knowledge, NOT processing passes until they open next spring. This is long after some other Cedar Fair parks have opened (Carowinds, for example). Not to mention Knott's Berry Farm is open year round. Yes, I know the Platinum Pass is good starting January 1, 2008. But, if I process at Knott's or Carowinds will I keep my home park perks? Or is there ANY chance Platinum Passes carry all park perks? I can just imagine the line to process at Cedar Point next spring, especially since this year you cannot renew by phone or mail.

I'm still a little peeved I PAID for Joe Cool this season with a CP pass, only to watch Maxx passholders from other parks get in for early entry without paying extra. And I paid for Ohio parking, while Maxx passholders from other parks got to park at Cedar Point, more often than not, for free.

Lastly, is Kings Island processing passes this fall? Or are they, too, making people wait til next season?

So according to CPs website you can process your season pass at any park reguardless of where you bought the voucher from. For example you can buy a voucher from CP and process it at KI so you can get Joe Cool and because KI will have processing soon and CP won't have it til next spring. Does this mean no matter where you process it all Platinum Passes will look the same?

i called Kings Island....and although it says this on CP's website...the person in guest relations said they will not process any other park's pass......and on the platinum pass i got (from KI), it says it can only be processed at KI........

My girlfriend actually knows someone whose relative works for CF (convoluted and very Kevin Bacon-6 degrees I know), BUT....

This person told my girlfriend (since we're going to Knott's soon) that the anywhere park processing won't be happening until 2008...so maybe in 2007 KI is only processing KI Platinum Passes??

I don't know, and don't really care that much anymore either since it doesn't apply to me, but it does sort of makes sense I guess....unfortunately, with my "little" X rehabbing soon, we've moved our trip up to October, so I'll be forced to process next spring with no doubt a billion other people! :(

Your Platinum Pass vouchers may be redeemed in person at Cedar Point beginning in the spring of 2008, OR they may be redeemed at any other CFEC amusement park or outdoor waterpark when they begin processing their 2008 Passes. Everyone will have his or her picture taken for 2008, so there will be no renewals by mail this winter.

It seems to say to me that you can redeem it at KI as soon as they start processing, not 2008.