New for Holiday World in 2008

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Before we let it slip...

This time of year, we always worry about leaks.

We have a pretty good idea what we're adding for next year, but there's all that naming, designing-of-logo(s), putting-together-of-fact-sheet(s) and webpage redesign(s) busywork that just takes time.

Enter Mike, our sales director. He's already hitting the road, selling the '08 season.

Sworn to secrecy.

It just about kills him every year.

So, out of respect for Mike's children, who love their daddy, we push ourselves to make the announcement each fall just a bit before each "t" is crossed and "i" is dotted.

I'm a believer in releasing the information on our website at the same time we talk to the media...so be sure to check back on Thursday, September 20, as we plan to tip our hand that morning around 11 am.

posted by Paula at 1:42 PM

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/holiblog.html

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Before we let it slip...

This time of year, we always worry about leaks.

We have a pretty good idea what we're adding for next year, but there's all that naming, designing-of-logo(s), putting-together-of-fact-sheet(s) and webpage redesign(s) busywork that just takes time.

Enter Mike, our sales director. He's already hitting the road, selling the '08 season.

Sworn to secrecy.

It just about kills him every year.

So, out of respect for Mike's children, who love their daddy, we push ourselves to make the announcement each fall just a bit before each "t" is crossed and "i" is dotted.

I'm a believer in releasing the information on our website at the same time we talk to the media...so be sure to check back on Thursday, September 20, as we plan to tip our hand that morning around 11 am.

posted by Paula at 1:42 PM

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/holiblog.html

Not that I was expecting or even think that they need a new coaster for next year the quote "We have a pretty good idea of what we are adding next year" makes me think it isn't anything that takes a while to plan like a big expansion or a new large ride. What does everyone else think?

^Really? Voyage sucks? I kinda find that hard to believe as I haven't heard one bad review. Whatever they do, I'm sure it will be a good addition. As far as them saying that they have a pretty good idea of what they are adding next year..all I can say is no kidding. Usually amusement parks have five year plans is what I understand. Now, since this is not a chain, it could be different.

Tilt a whirl, wheee!!!

Are you talking smack about Tilt-A-Whirl's? That's good old-fashion family-fun right there.

And if you go by history (Raven opened in 95 and Legend in 2000 both by CCI) then Holiday World will add another Gravity Group Coaster in 2011 (since Voyage was opened in 2006).

No. They're adding a second one. It'll definitely help the water park's capacity, and those play structures are a big hit. Not to mention they aren't done announcing additions for 08. The site mentions more announcements will happen on the HoliBlog.

Kima Bay is a $1.7m investment, but the park has $6m budgeted for '08 expansion/improvements. From the press release:

Kima Bay will cost $1.7 million, part of the parks' $6 million expansion budget for 2008. Koch says he's still in the decision-making process regarding additional new attractions and infrastructure improvements; further details and announcements will be made on the parks' website and blog this fall.

No. They're adding a second one. It'll definitely help the water park's capacity, and those play structures are a big hit. Not to mention they aren't done announcing additions for 08. The site mentions more announcements will happen on the HoliBlog.

Kima Bay is a $1.7m investment, but the park has $6m budgeted for '08 expansion/improvements. From the press release:

Kima Bay will cost $1.7 million, part of the parks' $6 million expansion budget for 2008. Koch says he's still in the decision-making process regarding additional new attractions and infrastructure improvements; further details and announcements will be made on the parks' website and blog this fall.

For the past few years HW has added a new SS attraction and a HW attraction, so I assume the next announcement will be about some new HW rides.

Yeah, my guess is more add-ons for Thanksgiving. Honestly, though, there really isn't much I can think of that can be done with a Thanksgiving theme. But then again I could be wrong.

Also, Bakuli is a hell of a lot of fun. I was over there last weekend, and got through the entire water park in a few hours, most stuff done several times. I think its best going to the water park late in the year when there are no lines what-so-ever. Now I see why Bakuli won that award. B)

• 3 weeks later...