Halloween Will Be Scariest Ever, Park Officials Warn

The Interpreter

Yee haw! I've been to Fearfest 4 different years now, and there have only been a few haunts that really scared me. The Curse of the Pharoah (name?) circa 2003 perhaps really scared me, and the Psychopath got me good last year, but that was only because we went through right as the park closed so we were the only people in it. YIKES!

I hope this year all of the attractions are terrifying :)

My friend said she knows some people who are working Halloween Haunt and they said pass holders don't get in for free.

Cabana Lady right?

Sorry, inside joke. ;)

Yes, 2007 season pass holders can attend HH free.

Now come 2008, it is expected to change.

Lol, thanks. I figured that it was still free to pass holders, But I figured that I might as well make sure before I drive over there sometime this october.

“We advise before you come through the gates, no one, no thing is off limits.”

no one...

does this mean actors will be able to interact and physically touch guests?

i hope so.

i love hants where people grab me from behind... little extra scare.

i doubt very much because of insurance liabilities that this will be possible.... but i guess we can hope!

“We advise before you come through the gates, no one, no thing is off limits.”

no one...

does this mean actors will be able to interact and physically touch guests?

i hope so.

i love hants where people grab me from behind... little extra scare.

i doubt very much because of insurance liabilities that this will be possible.... but i guess we can hope!

That would be cool, but highly doubtful...

I am quite certain that will NOT be allowed. If it is, it may well be the last such event at the park. We live in a time where the consequences of that could be very, very ugly....and litigation might be less of a problem than physical interactions from some guests that may not be very pretty, to say the least. Fight or flight lives just below the surface of at least a few of the guests, and that isn't something the park needs.

So, I'd say the "no touching" the guests or the scaracters rules will continue...

Season Passholders get in free this year.

Next year, ya'll need to start paying to get into the event. No joke, mateys.

....oh yeah, and I changed my nickname to Maniac, for the complete wild and unpredictable mannerisms one actor (read: ME) can do.

If you see a creeper on the ground lying in the fetal position, then crawling up to someone's ankles, and finally hopping up on a planter ledge and screaming like a howler monkey all in the matter of a split second....

....yeah, that'll be me.

Actually, HHN at Universal is throwing there "touch" policy out the window. Now, actors can "touch" you, just not "grab" you! Also, some scareactors ARE allowed to touch the guest, but only when asked or agreed upon with the guest; like if someone wants to shake hands, hug, or pose for a picture.

Is anyone going to the RIP party tonight? I'm going, so I might see you there! -Hauntguy

I am pretty sure when we were at CP a few years back it was stated in a guide or on signs that the monsters were explicitly told not to touch and would not. They may reach out at you and accidentally touch but they were instructed not to do so. Agreed there could be many law suits if they did and if they do, what kind of wording is out there about this and what they really can do. I can see that getting way out of hand and getting nipped in the bud quickly.