The Italian Job: Stunt Track

Tanner

Italian Job Coming for 2005!

Paramount Pictures’ The Italian Job™ Premieres as a High-Speed Mini Cooper™ Stunt Car Ride at Paramount’s

Kings Island in 2005

Stunt drivers dodge near-collisions, chase through tunnels and narrowly escape massive explosions triggered by gunfire from a menacing helicopter.

Another Hollywood big-screen spectacular comes to life at Paramount’s Kings Island with the addition of THE ITALIAN JOB: Stunt Track™, a new multi-million dollar fast-track coaster experience for 2005. Based on the high-action finale of Paramount Pictures’ The Italian Job (2003) starring Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Edward Norton, Seth Green, Mos Def, and Donald Sutherland, this new wild ride takes families on a high-speed stunt car adventure through movie sets and scenes inspired by the film’s climatic chase sequence.

Park guests will experience what it’s like to be a Hollywood stunt driver and go behind the scenes of an action movie. Guests board their very own MINI Cooper S tricked out with audio special effects adding to the multi-sensory sensation of the experience. Once strapped into their custom stunt car, rubber meets the road as the MINIs peel out to begin their chase sequence. Drivers twist through a parking garage, dodge near-collisions, race down stairs, chase through tunnels and narrowly escape massive explosions triggered by gunfire from a menacing helicopter. Tires skid out one last time as the stunt cars crash through a billboard and splash down into an L.A. aqueduct concluding the chase sequence and their trial as a stunt driver in this screen test!

http://www.pki.com/italianjob/

• Like 2

I have no idea where would be a good place for this ride. It seems like the Antique car site would be too small. Anyone have any info concerning this? Also, will this be considered a coaster or a flat? Is it going to be like Test Track at Walt Disney World or is it going to be more of a coaster?

At the press conference, they didn't say where the ride was going to go, who the manufacturer was, or any of the stats for the ride.

well maybe some of the people on the board will find out and tell use. The old cars area looks to small for this ride unless its a very small coaster :angry:

Does anyone else thing this looks like more of a Action Zone Ride?

Edited by Vortex
  • Like 2

well maybe some of the people on the board will find out and tell use. The old cars area looks to small for this ride unless its a very small coaster :angry:

"It's not the size of it, it's how you use it." The area may be small in comparison to a plot of land behind racer, but its still gonna kick ass.

At the press conference, they didn't say where the ride was going to go, who the manufacturer was, or any of the stats for the ride.

You were at the Premier Conference and you still don't know?

I was at the PCW press conference and they said the ride would be launched using LIM technology to 64MPH in 3.8sec and would cost an impressive 15 million dollars US. One of the news papers said that it would be built by premier rides. The video looks awesome 2005 looks like it will be fun. I guess that Paramount is sticking to its new trademark slogan "The best of hollywood entertainment , NOW PLAYING" Well in this case "COMING SOON"

Ok so we all know what the ride is, but did they say anything about moving the old cars or flyers and flower clock? One think I hate about Paramount Parks they theme it to the wrong area of the park. This makes 2 big rides that will be out of place. Also from the video this will look ugly when you first walk in to the park. I see the tower and a lot billboards now.

This is what happend to Carowinds floral clock

Clock

Edited by Vortex
  • Like 2

The ride will without a doubt go into the Antique Car area, I have learned this due to recent reports stating that The Antique Cars will be closed officially on August 15. I went to KI yesterday to photograph the area before it is destroyed, yes destroyed, to make way for this new "spectacular" ride that will probably without a doubt leave us wanting something better, just as TR:TR and SOB have thus far. The footprint of the cars is huge, much bigger than people seem to believe, more than enough room for coaster,which has no lift hill, but uses LIMs. This concept is no different than projects similar to it, Test Track and ROTM:TR at Universal. I said it before in the opinion forum, this park needs to stop acting like Disney and get back to basics.... Where is our B & M hyper that more people want. I will still without a doubt ride the ride, and probably love it, and realize some of this post is off topic, but feel I have answered the Antique question... Sorry if other's don't agree with the opinion that my favorite park seems to be heading in a downward spiral. :blink:

PS - I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong, so if this ride does end up being a success and not a failure, I will apologize in the Spring promptly. :D

• Like 3

I wish the park would leave the cars open just alittle longer. You think they start with the side is not used. I wish they would have said something about get a last ride on the Old fashion cars. :censored: I am going next week and whated to get some pictures of the Old Fashion car ride area.

• Like 1

/\ haha yea seriously!!! well in the vid i noticed on the right that they had racer's lift hill (or what appeared to be it) in the way that this ride would be from where tiques are. so i'm gonna put my money on the tiques section. the ride didn't look too big so i'm guessin there's enough room. hopefully the clock won't go anywhere.. the flyers can always be relocated.

• Like 1

I woould hate it if the park decided to not relocate the Flying Eagles! Anyone else with me on that one???? I think a good spot for them would be where the Eurobungee was at. Just as long as that ride returns to the park, in its current location or another one, I will be happy. It will be a sade day when the Eagles disappear from PKI.

• Like 3