The Italian Job: Stunt Track

Tanner

On with my rebuttal, however, does anyone else find it frustrating that THIS IS NOT A COASTER! This is a stunt track people, a flat ride. Sure it has tracks and cars, but seriously, isn't anyone else the least bit disappointed that we are not getting a hypercoaster or even a coaster at all. It is sad to say but I regret whole-heartdly renewing my season pass 2 days ago. Kings Island is an AMUSEMENT PARK, not THEME PARK, somebody please agree that IJ:TSC is not worthy of the wait us fellow KI fans have endured for a great steel coaster.

It has a train which rolls on a track.. it's a coaster. Not your conventional hyper or giga, but a coaster nonetheless.

Also, did you guys notice that on a crate in the concept art, the words "Siebert Shipping" is written on it? It's on the concept are for both PKI and PCW... lol.. shows you who had the real pull in this project.

• Like 1

Yep, it is a coaster. With multiple launches. It will be no less of a coaster than FOF. Yeah, I would still like to see a steel hyper or something else, but this more than satisfies my wishes for a new coaster at PKI. The drought is finally over. And, I'm willing to bet money that it will be worth the long wait.

HELLO!? Are half of you even reading these posts before you reply. I read through all of them before and after my initial one and realized that some of you seem to be just posting for posting purposes :offtopic:

On with my rebuttal, however, does anyone else find it frustrating that THIS IS NOT A COASTER! This is a stunt track people, a flat ride.

Exactly who should read their post BEFORE posting? How embarrassing for you!

Yes it is a coaster, with trains, rails, and launches- and is heavily themed. A coaster does not have to break records, or have "-est" in the description to be a good ride, or even a great ride. Look at ThunderHead at DollyWood. Great layout, sharp turns, good speed, for a coaster that broke no records. IJ could be the same way. W/O the theming though, it would probably be a really boring coaster, or just another launched coaster like FoF just w/o the inversions.

• Like 1

As for the Location of the NEW Italian Job Stunt Track do not look to the video for answers, the person who made the animation also made that animation for PCW. I for a fact know where its planned location is and I will say you will be disappointed. All of the theming and colors are at this time planned to be the exact same as the video according to the schimantics, all except for the subway staricase drop there will be no bumping due to a maintainance nightmare.

• Like 2

"Does anyone know when the details or facts of this coaster will come out? I think its odd they are keeping it quiet"

Maybe there are some things that they are still working out. This would be a good reason not to release all stats. Plus, they want to keep us guessing the rest. How else will we fill up the message boards?

Having it in the center of the park is a great idea. IJ is the type of ride that looks to have such good theming that even non-riders will enjoy observing the ride in operation. My assumption though is that it will take PKI a few months to tweak in the timing of when the expolsions are to go off etc.

Yesterday I went to PKI with GreenGhost it was a nightmare we wanted to get our last ride in before they close down the old model T's and we couldn't get near the old cars the line was so long it was unreal!I wanted the Addams Family Coaster but this will due I think it will be great to see it located where the model T's are now.

No bumps down the staircase? Then they shouldn't have advertised that it would, and that really dissapoints me because I thought that set it aside from most coasters. Hopefully they opt to still do it. The Addams Family concept did look really cool, and it seems like it got the most positive reponse out of all of the rides, so hopefully we'll see it here at PKI in the next few years.

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought the cars were going to use pneumatics as well, but apparently the track was/is going to have small bumps that the wheels will go over or rises and falls in the track to simulate going down the staircase. The vehicles could still have pneumatics or something similar on them though, since Jeff told me they were working on a fishtailing effect for the cars to do.

No bumps down the staircase? Then they shouldn't have advertised that it would, and that really dissapoints me because I thought that set it aside from most coasters. Hopefully they opt to still do it. The Addams Family concept did look really cool, and it seems like it got the most positive reponse out of all of the rides, so hopefully we'll see it here at PKI in the next few years.

I think it'll bump down the staircase. They made a pretty big deal about it in the video, so it's not like it's a minor thing that they can neglect.

• Like 2

I went to the park yesterday to get that last ride in. Waited about 30 mins. The park was TOTALLY packed! The first time EVER I had to park on the grass! But I had a mission! My mission was to video tape my girls (3 and 7) on those cars before they took them away. Did a pretty good job at it! At least now I have that to show them when they get older. Also got my 7 year old on The Beast for the very first time! "WOW" tickets come in very handy on a day like that! I also took there picture in front of the floral clock because you just never know!

On topic, I think one of the coolest things about IJ location is the fact that we will be able to look STRAIGHT down on it from the tower! See all the "stunts" in action!

Ever Onward,

Bill

• Like 1

No worries ZosoBeast-The cars shall return but as a Nick Central Attraction? well have to wait and see. ;)

I went to the park on aug 13th and it was totally packed I was upset I havent been to the park since May and well my day was shot I went home after waiting 2 hours for the nick parade.