The Italian Job: Stunt Track

Tanner

I know other coaster manufacturer's can do themeing around their rides but I just seen the rides they have done and they look pretty good. I don't know what's so wrong with them. Please tell me. I do know Premier-Rides make great coasters sense King's Island has two of them still and the themeing of the both are great even after Paramount!

Also, Did they speed up BLST when they sold out to CF? It was really fast and a lot more aggressive past few times I've been there.

Does anyone really think italian job will get a redo? Cedar Fair is not into anything creative, theming, now this new guy maybe some?

But I would love theming!

I hear it's being renamed to "Backlot Stunt Coaster."

That's just the word from under the black hat, so to speak.

• Like 6

The ride will without a doubt go into the Antique Car area, I have learned this due to recent reports stating that The Antique Cars will be closed officially on August 15. I went to KI yesterday to photograph the area before it is destroyed, yes destroyed, to make way for this new "spectacular" ride that will probably without a doubt leave us wanting something better, just as TR:TR and SOB have thus far. The footprint of the cars is huge, much bigger than people seem to believe, more than enough room for coaster,which has no lift hill, but uses LIMs. This concept is no different than projects similar to it, Test Track and ROTM:TR at Universal. I said it before in the opinion forum, this park needs to stop acting like Disney and get back to basics.... Where is our B & M hyper that more people want. I will still without a doubt ride the ride, and probably love it, and realize some of this post is off topic, but feel I have answered the Antique question... Sorry if other's don't agree with the opinion that my favorite park seems to be heading in a downward spiral. blink.gif

PS - I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong, so if this ride does end up being a success and not a failure, I will apologize in the Spring promptly. biggrin.gif

I looked back as well when Terpy brought this back up and this was the post that jumped out to me...tear out some cars to put in a "small" coaster that everyone seems like at first blush but leaves many wishing for that big B & M giga only to have it appear behind the new ride occupying the space formerly reserved for cars a few years later.

Time will tell if I'm on to anything, or perhaps Terpy...or perhaps Don some day in the next 2-6 years.

I've perused this whole thread quite a few times trying to pick up anything at all. All I found out is that the Disney Dinosaur ride is boss, and I'd like to ride it, though I'm frightened by anything with big teeth.

That is absolutely the last thing I'd want you to take from this thread!

Is DINOSAUR a worthwhile romp? Sure! But to think of what it could be...! Or better yet, what it is on the other side of the country. Talk about choosing what themeing to put around a given ride path...

• Like 1

I would be okay with a fix up to the ride, although it's unlikely, I would much rather see track added to the ride. Because quite frankly, it is probably the shortest ride i have ever ridden (that generally has a long line).

A "fix up" to a ride has to be much more likely than more track being added. Are there many instances where additional track has been combined to an existing coaster?

On the flipside, SoB would have been more enjoyable for me had the rose bowl been removed entirely! (so long as it still ran in a circuit ofcourse)

• Like 3

I know other coaster manufacturer's can do themeing around their rides but I just seen the rides they have done and they look pretty good. I don't know what's so wrong with them. Please tell me. I do know Premier-Rides make great coasters sense King's Island has two of them still and the themeing of the both are great even after Paramount!

Also, Did they speed up BLST when they sold out to CF? It was really fast and a lot more aggressive past few times I've been there.

BLSC was not sped up by CF.

Vekoma rides are generally rough, such as their SLCs and Boomerangs. Overall, their track record isn't the greatest, even with the few great rides in Disney parks which seem to be their only reliable rides they put out.

I would be okay with a fix up to the ride, although it's unlikely, I would much rather see track added to the ride. Because quite frankly, it is probably the shortest ride i have ever ridden (that generally has a long line).

A "fix up" to a ride has to be much more likely than more track being added. Are there many instances where additional track has been combined to an existing coaster? ....

)

Yes. Thunderbolt at Kennywood comes immediately to mind.

It does, however, appear highly remote that such a thing would happen with BLSC, particularly with it having two others in the Cedar Fair chain, high ridership as it is, and with the parks having so many other options.

BLSC was not sped up by CF.

Vekoma rides are generally rough, such as their SLCs and Boomerangs. Overall, their track record isn't the greatest, even with the few great rides in Disney parks which seem to be their only reliable rides they put out.

Thank you for the input. The Jp water ride at universal also still seems pretty good but yeah. No body wants a rough ride.Only ride I have rode that Vekoma has made is Firehawk and that ride I'm not a fan of do to the fact you have to look up most the time straining your neck the whole time. I do wish Premier Rides would come back and do a ride or two for KI they seem to be into taking rides to the next level and apply innovation to the rides. Then again there is a lot of choices for companies like Cf to choose from when it comes to who to build the Rollers Coaster or the rides.

Hmmm.

Kings Dominion. What'd they do with their similar ride? And wasn't that they Cedar Fair?

I was referring to their shoot the chutes ride. It recently suffered the same fate as KC:KC.

I don't see Cedar Fair spending large amounts of money to theme existing attractions. Where's the return on investment?

I think your referencing the "log flume" that was at Carowinds. (removed for the B&M Intimidator)

or "Diamond Falls" that was at (removed for IJST)

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Terp had a diversion from the topic, what a great time to speak of a ride, or a maze, BB1 cross threading, or diverging? Just take out a coaster, and place a family ride, it may bring more greater things than it did before.