The Italian Job: Stunt Track

Tanner

My opinion is BLSC isnt moving anywhere but will get a makeover soon.I think they will bring back the old cars and flying eagles in this new location formerly known as Action Zone.I could see a mix of coasters and family rides with a new name for the area.To move BLSC just to put it in a location called Action Zone just seems like a big waste of money to me,I could change the signs and save lots of money! Whats Terp talking about...signs,signs,everywhere a sign? Im just guessing!

• Like 1

I love how on the website it says "you'd never know by looking at it, but Woodstock Gliders is over 70 years old!"

I want to say "you'd never know by looking at it, but that ride belongs to Kings Island!" :angry:

I would gladly trade BLSC (formerly Italian Job:SC) to Carowinds in exchange for the Flying Eagles to make a return flight to KI.

BLSC's current theming is a shell of it's former self, which was rather questionable to begin with imo. I mean rusted shipment crates, and concrete/gravel really? I can stay home in Dayton and still get that experience. Also if the money is going to be spent on keeping the pyrotechnics operating, I feel it should have more of a stage to be observed and admired, rather than being atleast partially concealed. It's been stated that Action Zone seemed the more appropriate location for this attraction, and I would have to agree. NOW years later, and it appears the much wiser decision would have been to leave the area untouched with the Antique Cars and Flying Eagles :wub:

Maybe BLSC can be rethemed and billed as a new attraction for Carowinds?

• Like 4

Haw! I like that they have this adult in the kiddy ride on the webpage. Couldn't they find a photo of winsome children?

Edit: That's Don looking so pensively into the middle distance as if he were Columbus discovering a new world in his Woodstock Glider? More Haw.

The ride is in the kids' area of the park. It is an ideal ride for parents to take their kids on, with or without dad or mom snapping, depending on the family.

And the park did portray a winsome child. You said Don was in it! Don, clearly on site, takes great pleasure in the best in fun....now playing.

• Like 3

I love how on the website it says "you'd never know by looking at it, but Woodstock Gliders is over 70 years old!"

I want to say "you'd never know by looking at it, but that ride belongs to Kings Island!" :angry:

I would gladly trade BLSC (formerly Italian Job:SC) to Carowinds in exchange for the Flying Eagles to make a return flight to KI.

BLSC's current theming is a shell of it's former self, which was rather questionable to begin with imo. I mean rusted shipment crates, and concrete/gravel really? I can stay home in Dayton and still get that experience. Also if the money is going to be spent on keeping the pyrotechnics operating, I feel it should have more of a stage to be observed and admired, rather than being atleast partially concealed. It's been stated that Action Zone seemed the more appropriate location for this attraction, and I would have to agree. NOW years later, and it appears the much wiser decision would have been to leave the area untouched with the Antique Cars and Flying Eagles :wub:

Maybe BLSC can be rethemed and billed as a new attraction for Carowinds?

After seeing the original film of "Italian Job", I'd like the theming from the Michael Caine movie. Hollywood is so overdone and lazy.

And Terp, one of the highlights of my visit to KI is going through the kid's section, and seeing the dad's with their kids on the rides. It starts the park for me, takes me back to my dad and I on "Scooby Doo." I didn't know Don was 'winsome'.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if the same cars were to return. Perhaps an electric version but I doubt we would see gas powered cars return to KI.

Beech Bend still has gas-powered cars. Their layout is smaller than either of the ones at KI was, but if a small park can afford it, why not a larger one?

I could see the Back Lot Stun Track being moved to that area it seems more appropriate for that area but it's all about how much that costs. But if they do they'll probably revamp it to some extent. I hope we see "big" "cinematic" " High octane" rides in the Action Zone. I hope CF pulls out the money investment book and get Vekcoma to come and do some rides.

Whoa whoa whoa... Vekoma? You want Vekoma to design the new rides?

I mean not all the new Rides. I like what they made back in 1996 with Jurassic park with Universal Creative. Imaging them redoing Congo Falls like that ride!!! Expedtion Everest is pretty cool Now for coaster their are other business. I mean, I just want a good themed ride at King's Island. Now, a Coaster weaving in and out of canyons seems pretty epic.