Halloween Haunt Starts TONIGHT! Kings Island to Host 5K Walk to Raise Money to Fight Diabetes, Season Passes, & More

BoddaH1994

Be among the first to experience the darkness, mind-bending terror and madness of the all-new Halloween Haunt this Friday night at Kings Island. Purchase your tickets NOW for the debut of Halloween Haunt by visiting www.pki.com/haunt. Admission is FREE with a season pass. Gates to the underworld open at 7 p.m. this Friday night! Remember that Friday's are typically less crowded than Saturdays, so if you want to maximize your experience, that's the night to go!

Halloween Haunt will include graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences. Parents, please be advised.

Mark your calendars now for Oct 21st when Kings Island and Cincinnati's 'coolest' home team bring you Meet the Cyclones Day at Kings Island. The Cyclones will be available to pose for photos and sign autographs from 1pm to 3pm on Oct 21st. We'll have more details as they arrive.

Lace up your best walking shoes and head out to Kings Island on September 29th as Kings Island hosts the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's 5k walk for a cure! Join such reality TV stars as Jessica “Flica” Smith, Bobby Mason, Kendra Guffey, Christa DeAngelo and many more in joining in this 3.1 mile hike around the perimeter of the park, seeing it from views that normally can't be seen from the public view! Kings Island hopes to raise 1.1 million dollars for this effort to stop juvenile diabetes.

Registration will begin at 7am and the race will begin promptly at 8:30. Following the race, there will be food, kids’ activities, entertainment, music, health screenings and more. Participants raising pledges can earn all sorts of great prices, including admission tickets to Kings Island! Go to www.jdrf.org to register. Click on walks, choose Ohio, and then pick Kings Island! Click here to read the full press release.

Also don't forget to pick up your Kings Island, Gold or Platinum Pass! If you renew your pass before November 11th, you will get FREE parking for the 2008 season. Also if you purchase your season pass before November 11th, Cedar Fair will even throw in a FREE pullover jacket! Click here for more details.

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? No Matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

I can't wait. Its been 6 weeks since Ive been to KI. That's way too long. I'll be there Saturday to finally experience the 'new and improved' Halloween Haunt. I've been waiting for so long for this. I hope it lives up to its new rep. I have a feeling I won't be disappointed though. Is anyone else going to be there for opening weekend?

I will be there Friday night and all day Sat. I was at the park yesderday and from the looks of it Kings Island really went all out this year. Heck they even Michael Vicks dog house in the park, I never knew Kings Island would feel sorry For Mr. Vick. :lol: .

A group of us are going to HH this Saturday and are curious to know if the rides run in the evening like CP, or is it exclusively the Haunted attractions. This will be our first time to KI so we didn't know if we should hit the rides early or take the time to ride with our 5 year old. Also are the Haunted areas only in specific areas and able to be avoided for those squemish in our group? Thanks for the info in advance.

A group of us are going to HH this Saturday and are curious to know if the rides run in the evening like CP, or is it exclusively the Haunted attractions. This will be our first time to KI so we didn't know if we should hit the rides early or take the time to ride with our 5 year old. Also are the Haunted areas only in specific areas and able to be avoided for those squemish in our group? Thanks for the info in advance.

Most adult rides will run at night similar to Halloweekends. Unfortunately, NOTHING is off limits for Halloween Haunt, so the squeamish may have to toughen up!!

Also are the Haunted areas only in specific areas and able to be avoided for those squemish in our group? Thanks for the info in advance.

I'll put it to you like this, the second you go past the metal detectors, you are entering a "haunted area." At 7:00PM as long as your not in the parking lot, someone may sneak up on you.

Also are the Haunted areas only in specific areas and able to be avoided for those squemish in our group? Thanks for the info in advance.

I'll put it to you like this, the second you go past the metal detectors, you are entering a "haunted area." At 7:00PM as long as your not in the parking lot, someone may sneak up on you.

And the restrooms are not haunted areas. That's about it.

I wonder how many people will be roaming the pathways this year? Last year it seemed to be only a few. I will be up there Friday and I'll be wearing a snakes on a plane shirt so say Hi.

Thanks for giving me a target to scare Friday night.

Fortunately for him, you're in CornSTALKERS, which is the least scary and weakest of all of the scare zones.

BURN!!!!

Just Came from ScreamScape. They just found out that Halloween Haunt for 2008 at KI will be a separate admission and not included with your 2008 season pass. SC has a link to KI's season pass page with this info.

I just saw that a few minutes ago but wasnt going to say anything for two reasons. 1. thats a year away and 2. i figured a lot of people would already know about it since it was talked about for what seemed two weeks nonstop

I wonder how many people will be roaming the pathways this year? Last year it seemed to be only a few. I will be up there Friday and I'll be wearing a snakes on a plane shirt so say Hi.

Fortunately for him, you're in CornSTALKERS, which is the least scary and weakest of all of the scare zones.

BURN!!!!

Oh, that was classic.

As for the roamers in the pathways question.....if I were to give you an exact number, it wouldn't seem like that many, but also remember this-there are four major scare zones now that encompass entire themed areas of the park:

Slaughter Street (Int. Street)

WasteLand (Action Zone/official Haunt name is Area 51, apparently)

The Strip (Coney Mall/official Haunt name is Coney MAUL)

Ghost Town (Rivertown)

I decided to rename the areas. They just sound cooler this way. Anyway, there'll be a LOT of monsters around, no matter where you're at.

Aliens, goblins, witches, werewolves, demented cowboys, bloodthirsty pirates, mutated scientists, freakish man-animal hybrids, reanimated corpses.....you name it, we have it, running around somewhere out there in the darkness, waiting for you. B)

BURN!!!!

I've ALWAYS considered Cornstalkers the best scare zone. And now that I'm in there, it's gonna be the best scare zone by FAR. (Of course, I'm still practicing. This is my first time scaring people up close and personal. I have experience being creepy on stage, but not right next to people.)

Just Came from ScreamScape. They just found out that Halloween Haunt for 2008 at KI will be a separate admission and not included with your 2008 season pass. SC has a link to KI's season pass page with this info.

So Lance Hart reads KICentral and then posts information on his Screamscape rumor site a couple of weeks later? You could have read that here two weeks ago. Hardly a news flash.

I plan on being there tonight (Friday).

Looks like given how cool its been the last few nights, I may go for the Phoeni Phall Phunhest sweatshirt, its got a design with skeletons riding the Phoenix. Seems so fitting!

So what are anybody's strategies in the quest to cover as many haunts as one can in one night?

I see two schools of thought here, one would be to start in Coney Mall, and the other would be focussed on Nick/Rivertown. I recall that train ride/ haunt is a bear, so may want to get that one out of the way early.

I'm not sure which direction I am heading, I do know that my target is to see all 7 mazes. If I can get those done say by 10:30-11:00 go for the "Scarezones", but make sure to get done by midnight to see both live shows.

I better get to bed now, got to have the stamina to deal with haunted attractions till 1AM!

I HOPE things go well, and I may also be able to work in a coaster ride or two...