Favorite defunt ride

DropZone99

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Surprisingly no one has said either the Wild Animal Safari or the Screaming Demon.

Excellent point.

SD was nothing more than *meh*.

But there really was nothing like WAS on a hot day. Just to sit there, completely relaxed, in AC.

But being a seasonal park, it is hard to justify having an attraction like WAS. I find it difficult to believe that it did not run in the red, even with the upcharge (which BTW was worth every penny).

I remember walking up to the 50 foot level of the tower all the time. Why did they ever close that?

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...pic=2390&hl

;)

I know the fact that someone got killed up there wasn't why it closed. I didn't even go to Kings Island till 1987, and I remember walking up there many times.

When did they stop doing that? I only remember that very vaguely. Once every summer my dad would take me to Kings Island, just me and him and the antique cars were my favorite thing at the time. I remember we kept riding the different sides trying to compare the layouts to see if they were any different and I thought it was cool to actually drive and press the pedal.

I know the fact that someone got killed up there wasn't why it closed. I didn't even go to Kings Island till 1987, and I remember walking up there many times.

I was really only joking around about Tower Johnny.

My guess is that it had to do with insurance reasons.

It probably was more cost effective to just weld the barriers closed than to install preventitive measures so dumb a$$es could not climb over the fence.

Surprisingly no one has said either the Wild Animal Safari or the Screaming Demon.

Excellent point.

SD was nothing more than *meh*.

But there really was nothing like WAS on a hot day. Just to sit there, completely relaxed, in AC.

But being a seasonal park, it is hard to justify having an attraction like WAS. I find it difficult to believe that it did not run in the red, even with the upcharge (which BTW was worth every penny).

And yet, Six Flags does VERY well with its safari, far further north, in Jackson, New Jersey:

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/nea...WildSafari.aspx

Oh, you can pay a LOT more than $10 to see the Safari in New Jersey. From the website:

V.I.P. OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE TOUR

Go behind the scenes in your own private Land Rover with your personal Safari tour guide. Come face-to-face with graceful giraffes and African elephants. Tour the Lion Compound and other winter homes of our Safari residents. The 2 1/2 to

3 hour tour includes a souvenir T-shirt. The VIP Off-Road Adventure is $149.99 per guest. Park admission is additional. Presented by Land Rover. Book your Safari VIP Off-Road Adventure online or call (732) 928-2000 x2076. Availability is limited so please book in advance.

Does NOT include park admission, and OFTEN sells out. Amazing. Just amazing.

I was really only joking around about Tower Johnny.

My guess is that it had to do with insurance reasons.

It probably was more cost effective to just weld the barriers closed than to install preventitive measures so dumb a$$es could not climb over the fence.

Could it have to do with the same type of liability reasons that they had to erect fences across all overpasses? Were too many people dropping things off of the 50 foot level? Maybe it was too expensive to fence in that entire level. Years back, I got hit with a coin someone dropped off of the lower level and it hurt like heck. It was easy to aim for someone from that height and you could still see the results which you couldn't from the top of the tower.

Oh, you can pay a LOT more than $10 to see the Safari in New Jersey. From the website:

V.I.P. OFF-ROAD ADVENTURE TOUR

Go behind the scenes in your own private Land Rover with your personal Safari tour guide. Come face-to-face with graceful giraffes and African elephants. Tour the Lion Compound and other winter homes of our Safari residents. The 2 1/2 to

3 hour tour includes a souvenir T-shirt. The VIP Off-Road Adventure is $149.99 per guest. Park admission is additional. Presented by Land Rover. Book your Safari VIP Off-Road Adventure online or call (732) 928-2000 x2076. Availability is limited so please book in advance.

Does NOT include park admission, and OFTEN sells out. Amazing. Just amazing.

And wasn't Lion Country Safari at KI $1.00 when it opened? I agree..amazing......

And yet, Six Flags does VERY well with its safari, far further north, in Jackson, New Jersey:

but you have to keep in mind that it is still a new attraction. it's only two years old and more people want to go do something when it is "young" take Firehawk when it openned or even Son of Beast but then after time less and less people want to take part in the ride or attraction