Favorite defunt ride

DropZone99

And yet, Six Flags does VERY well with its safari, far further north, in Jackson, New Jersey:

but you have to keep in mind that it is still a new attraction. it's only two years old and more people want to go do something when it is "young" take Firehawk when it openned or even Son of Beast but then after time less and less people want to take part in the ride or attraction

forget what i said because when i read this post i was thinking about the money intake to up keep this attraction

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the old Kings Island of the 80's.

When it comes to rides, I remember Lion Country Safari Monorail, Screamin' Demon, King Cobra, Skylab, The Ferris Wheel, Spinnin' Keggers, Witches Cauldrons, Flying Dutchman, Flight Commander, The Zodiac, Flying Eagles, Both Antique Cars, Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal, Indian Village Train, The Giant Slide, Smurf's Enchanted Voyage, Phantom Theater, then there was of course the Tunnel on The Beastie, which is now Fairly Odd Coaster. I guess I should also include that I had rode Son of Beast before the loop was removed, too.

And then there's those classic non-ride elements like The Parking Lot Trams, International Street Restaurant, Eiffel Tower's first level, Live Ice-Skating Shows in the Festhaus, Winterfest, Cinema 180, The Beast and Vortex markings on the Walkways, The Dolphin Show, the Hannah-Barbara Rainbow, The Walkway Tunnel connecting Rivertown to Hanna-Barbara Land, The Footbridge across the Pond, that awful Smurf Ice Cream, and I remember when Boomerang Bay was known as Waterworks. And now on a serious note, I even remember when Kings Island didn't need metal detectors at the front gate.

Then before Dora and Little Bill, there was of course all of the classic Hanna-Barbara walk-about characters like Captain Caveman and Jabber Jaws.

While I miss a lot of the old things, I'm quite happy with many of the changes that Kings Island has made, like with the addition of Delirium, Drop Zone, Son of Beast, The Italian Job: Stunt Track, among others.

But I guess since you're asking about my favorite defunct ride, it would have to be Lion Country Safari Monorail. Why? Because I think Kings Island needs more places to cool off in AC and be entertained without high impact thrills. I'm a huge thrill seeker, but my husband is not. So having something else other than the now Non-Indian Village Themed Train ride, would be really great. But for more thrills, I'd like to have King Cobra back. It was my first steel coaster ever, and I miss it a lot.

So there is my walk down memory lane.

I wish I had visited Kings Island before "The Bat" was removed. It looks like it was a really fantastic ride. View Pictures<br /><br />

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>