KI Should Get This Ride!

FOFirehawkFAN

Those renderings of a suspended wooden coaster look interesting, but I just don't see how it could work since wood breaks much more easily than steel does, especially under heavy weight.

On a related note, I do think we should give their mega whip a try. Looks like fun :)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought this roller coaster would be really fun so I think KI should build one, its small, would fit anywhere, and could be an adult version of Avatar

Halfpipe1.jpg

no no no we shouldn't it looks fun but imagine the wait we should get a giga coaster

I always thought this roller coaster would be really fun so I think KI should build one, its small, would fit anywhere, and could be an adult version of Avatar

Halfpipe1.jpg

no no no we shouldn't it looks fun but imagine the wait we should get a giga coaster

Wicked Twister is like that, and it is really fun and has a somewhat short wait. They just need a longer train than the one in the picture.

• 1 month later...
Kings Island isnt known for the most unique things.

:blink:

world's tallest wooden coaster

world's first successfully looping wooden coaster

world's longest wooden coaster

world's first inverted family coaster

world's first coaster to have six inversions

world's first lim launch coaster

world's tallest gyro drop

world's best kids area for 9 years running

world's first giant top spin

world's first giant frisbee

you're right they arn't know for many unique things.

EDIT: i forgot about Diamondback being the first hyper coaster with a splashdown,

there are most likely alot more that i have forgotten, feel free to add.

Kings Island isnt known for the most unique things.

:blink:

world's tallest wooden coaster

world's longest wooden coaster

world's first inverted family coaster

world's first coaster to have six inversions

world's first lim launch coaster

world's tallest gyro drop

world's best kids area for 9 years running

world's first giant top spin

world's first giant frisbee

you're right they arn't know for many unique things.

EDIT: i forgot about Diamondback being the first hyper coaster with a splashdown,

there are most likely alot more that i have forgotten, feel free to add.

i stand corrected! :lol:

PWNED! OWNAGE!

Lol

wow. really?

As for having unique rides, I think Kings Island most certainly does. SoB, Diamondback, The Beast, Vortex, and Racer are all very unique and have something to be said about them. Not to mention AE.. you'd be hard-pressed to find a better mine train coaster, in my opinion.

I'm not too sure if I would call it a success, and if you really want to call it a success, it's not a ride I would boast about.

And while you did bring up unique points, you can bring up points just like those with pretty much every park that has new rides.

PWNED! OWNAGE!

Lol

wow. really?

As for having unique rides, I think Kings Island most certainly does. SoB, Diamondback, The Beast, Vortex, and Racer are all very unique and have something to be said about them. Not to mention AE.. you'd be hard-pressed to find a better mine train coaster, in my opinion.

I was saying that because coaster_junky listed a whole bunch of unique things about Kings Island to kingsislandfan987 - because he said there wasn't very many unique things. So I was on coaster_junky's side - although I guess it doesn't really matter.

:lol:

^The point was that that post was pretty worthless.

And Browntggrr, you're right. Almost any park in the nation can say they have unique rides. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find one that didn't, with the exception of carnival rides & such.

Halfpipe at Elitch Gardens has one of the worse capacities I've ever seen. On a non-crowded day, I waited over an hour. It's like Firehawk, except worse.

See also: Avatar Airbender at Nickelodeon Universe. Enjoyable ride, but I couldn't help but think it shouldn't take nearly 45 minutes to get through its full queue whose size was roughly the same size as that of our Avatar: The Last Airbender. And yet it did. It's a shame, really; if they had a Halfpipe at KI, I'd sooner ride it than Invertigo, Flight Deck, Firehawk, or Backlot Stunt Coaster, in the case that all had walk-on lines. But then I'm just dreaming. :lol: A Halfpipe at KI would have disgustingly long lines; it would easily reach an hour to an hour and a half on a slow day. Firehawk looks like a B&M compared to one of these.

But the question arises how long the lines would be in the out years....long after the coaster was installed. Wicked Twister used to get wickedly long lines, nowadays, not so much. I think this is due in part to two factors:

* ANY new ride will get long lines of curious riders. Some will not care to wait again, others won't want to.

* Some who remember the long lines don't go back. To rephrase Yogi: No one rides that any more, it's too popular.

But the question arises how long the lines would be in the out years....long after the coaster was installed. Wicked Twister used to get wickedly long lines, nowadays, not so much. I think this is due in part to two factors:

* ANY new ride will get long lines of curious riders. Some will not care to wait again, others won't want to.

* Some who remember the long lines don't go back. To rephrase Yogi: No one rides that any more, it's too popular.

IT just isent Kings Island

• 2 weeks later...