What Happens During the Off-Season?

Neon

^ I hope so. We could use a really exciting new coaster. Firehawk is a good ride, but I think its time for something that stands out in the crowd.

I'm going to miss the park, just like I do every off season. But it makes me happy to think about all of our rides getting some much needed rest and repair.

I watched a TV show on Discovery (I Think), It was called Build It Bigger.

The show was about two different cunstruction sites building new roller coasters.

One was the Renegade in Minnesota, the other was the Griffon, a new floorless dive coaster.

I'm a big fan of the old woodies, and Renegade looks like The Beast on Steroids!!!

But that Griffon one...WOW....THAT is a cool coaster.

I don't get to go anywhere but KI, has anyone else got to ride either of these?

I would love a shot at either one.

It was funny watching them try to build during the winter in Minnesota though. They had to use a torch to melt away ice just so they could work, then the wood was too cold to drive a nail into anyways.

So I don't think theres too much off season constuction going on there!!!

Ive ridden Griffon's Sister Ride Shiekra, and the ride was a lot of fun. A little short, and I only got one ride on it but I did enjoy the ride. Griffon also happens to be at Busch Gardens Europe, my favorite theme park this side of Orlando. The place is amazing, you have 3 amazing B&Ms (Griffon, Alpengeist the tallest, fastest, most twisted B&M invert, and Apollo's Chariot a hyper) and two of the best Arrows ever built (Lockness Monster, a rare smooth Arrow looper with interlocking loops and Big Bad Wolf the best suspended currently running) on top of some amazing (Disney quality) themeing, great water rides, shows and the only dark ride other then Spiderman at IOA to use the moving 3-D affects. In short, if you can you really need to make a trip to Williamsburg :).

I watched a TV show on Discovery (I Think), It was called Build It Bigger.

The show was about two different cunstruction sites building new roller coasters.

One was the Renegade in Minnesota, the other was the Griffon, a new floorless dive coaster.

I'm a big fan of the old woodies, and Renegade looks like The Beast on Steroids!!!

But that Griffon one...WOW....THAT is a cool coaster.

I don't get to go anywhere but KI, has anyone else got to ride either of these?

I would love a shot at either one.

It was funny watching them try to build during the winter in Minnesota though. They had to use a torch to melt away ice just so they could work, then the wood was too cold to drive a nail into anyways.

I saw that same show. It was a really cool show to watch. I think my favorite part was when he talked to one of the guys that helped design it maybe, and had him interview him while riding one of his other coasters. Also did you like how the guy from the show kept bending all the nails he tried to put in?

Back on topic though I've never ridden a dive coaster but after seeing that I want to really bad.

Actually you couldn't be more wrong.

Most of the construction of new rides occurs during the off season as well as other repairs around the park during a parks off season. The only exception I can think of are parks like Disney and Universal which are open year round.

Take for example when IJST was constructed, the actual assembly of the track did not start until well after the season ended. They did most of the land clearing while the park was still open on weekends, and did a lot of the demolition including the antique cars stations during the week. I can also recall watching them assemble the track in January and February.

Ive ridden Griffon's Sister Ride Shiekra, and the ride was a lot of fun. A little short, and I only got one ride on it but I did enjoy the ride. Griffon also happens to be at Busch Gardens Europe, my favorite theme park this side of Orlando. The place is amazing, you have 3 amazing B&Ms (Griffon, Alpengeist the tallest, fastest, most twisted B&M invert, and Apollo's Chariot a hyper) and two of the best Arrows ever built (Lockness Monster, a rare smooth Arrow looper with interlocking loops and Big Bad Wolf the best suspended currently running) on top of some amazing (Disney quality) themeing, great water rides, shows and the only dark ride other then Spiderman at IOA to use the moving 3-D affects. In short, if you can you really need to make a trip to Williamsburg :).

Cory Butcher under a new name?

I used to work at KI before Paramount bought them from 84 to 92 and can tell you that there is nothing better than walking through the park when no one else is there during the day. You would think it would be really creepy but it is strangely calming to walk around in a place that you normally see thousands of people.

Guest kwindshawne
I used to work at KI before Paramount bought them from 84 to 92 and can tell you that there is nothing better than walking through the park when no one else is there during the day. You would think it would be really creepy but it is strangely calming to walk around in a place that you normally see thousands of people.

Yes, it is. Back in March? I believe I was walking by Bill's Giggle coaster and saw a hawk sitting on the track. As I walked by, it hid under the hill, and as I kept going it jumped back up on top of the track. I am assuming there was a nest under there. Was the highlight of my day........

I think that the Busch parks are better themed than Disney.

More natural products and less plastic.

Yes, it is. Back in March? I believe I was walking by Bill's Giggle coaster and saw a hawk sitting on the track. As I walked by, it hid under the hill, and as I kept going it jumped back up on top of the track. I am assuming there was a nest under there. Was the highlight of my day........

Don't forget the ducks that take refuge in the Royal Fountain when it's not on.

Cory Butcher under a new name?

? Who is Cory Butcher? I am a new poster here, but I can assure you Im not him (if you dont believe me, I use the same handle on Coasterbuzz and Pointbuzz.) I just felt I needed to plug BGE, because as a whole people don't really know about it and in my opinion is the best theme park north of Orlando. That said, I love KI too, it comes in as my second favorite theme park not in Florida and Im ecstatic to now live close enough to have it be a day trip for me. I also cant wait to experience the haunt in a month.