• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... This is what I've heard

Dominator - KD

Head-Spin - KD

Thunder Hawk - MIA

Texas Twister - CP

Skyscraper - Scrap

Interesting. I haven't heard about Head Spin yet, nor about Skyscraper being scrapped. I heard about Texas Twister once, but I'm not sure what to think about it. The only Top Spin I've been on is TR:TR, and that hurt like hell. But from what I've read and heard, the GL one is a lot better run and whatnot. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it all.

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company announced today that Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom in Aurora, Ohio, will become exclusively a water park attraction beginning with the 2008 season.

“After four years of operating Geauga Lake as a combined water park/amusement park attraction, we have concluded that its future should be entirely as a water park,” said Dick Kinzel, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. “Visiting Geauga Lake is a 119-year-old tradition in northeastern Ohio. That tradition will continue, but in a new and exciting way.”

“Geauga Lake’s Wildwater Kingdom has been recognized as one of the finest water parks in the country,” Kinzel said. “Over the past three seasons, we have invested approximately $25 million to create and develop the premiere water park in northeastern Ohio. Since its opening in 2005, Wildwater Kingdom has been the park’s highest rated attribute.”

Geauga Lake’s Wildwater Kingdom attractions will include Tidal Wave Bay, a 30,000 square-foot wave pool featuring seven different types of wave patterns; Liquid Lightning, a 60-foot-tall tornado slide; Thunder Falls, Ohio’s tallest water slide complex; an activity pool; an action river; and a multi-story play structure. The park will also provide a catering facility and picnic pavilions for group outings and poolside cabanas will be made available for daily rental.

I guess its offical.

The full press release is on their web site:

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/press_releases...mp;story_id=133

Also, this was posted on the FUN Yahoo Finance message board a little while ago (so take it for what it is worth...):

"My spouse is one of more than 50 full-time people that were terminated today including one person that had 30 years with Cedar Fair. Only about a dozen full-time people will remain to run the water park. Local news helicopters were over the park today so I imagine it will be on the news tonight. A lot of good people were let go today. One can only imagine what may become of the ride side of the park. As of today, the Geauga Lake of my childhood no longer exists."

Chippewa Lake

Moxhala Amusement Park

Americana/Lesourdsville Lake

Surf Cincinnati

Fantasy Farm

and now...

Geauga Lake (in a sense)

Completely off-topic, but I haven't thought about Moxahala park in years! It closed when I was very young, but I still have some (good) vague memories...

I guess that just goes to prove that you don't have to have a mega-corporate regional park to have a good time at an amusement park :)

The debt loaded Cedar Fair will probably sell it as its probably very valuable. New at GL in 2008: Lakeside Condos!

I wonder if they'll clear it out as fast as SF cleared out AstroWorld.

JZ, in regards to Moxhala, I was in Zanesville last weekend photogrpahing an abandoned prison and had the opportunity to stop by where Moxhalla used to be, not much was left excet a few relics, but the coaster is totally gone.

The full press release is on their web site:

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/press_releases...mp;story_id=133

Also, this was posted on the FUN Yahoo Finance message board a little while ago (so take it for what it is worth...):

"My spouse is one of more than 50 full-time people that were terminated today including one person that had 30 years with Cedar Fair. Only about a dozen full-time people will remain to run the water park. Local news helicopters were over the park today so I imagine it will be on the news tonight. A lot of good people were let go today. One can only imagine what may become of the ride side of the park. As of today, the Geauga Lake of my childhood no longer exists."

Can you supply a link for that? I threw them that quote on CB and they want a link for some reason... I can't find it.

^ I'm not sure if this will link you directly or not:

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%...frt=2&off=1

It's currently the second message in the first listed thread on the Message Board for FUN on Yahoo Finance. If the link doesn't work, go to Yahoo->Finance->FUN (ticker code)->Message Board.

Again, this is just someone posting on a message board...can't really verify the accuracy.

^ From that article:

"There have been murmurs that Cedar Fair, traded on the New York Stock Exchange as the ticker symbol FUN, wants to become a public company."

Huh?? :blink: Do you think he was referring to the rumors about the private equity buyout and meant to say "wants to become a private company"? That's the only thing that would make sense in that statement...