What Do You Think Of The Italian Job Concept?

BoddaH1994

I had heard so many huge things about this ride, that I had set my expectations to high walking in there, so I was at first a bit dissapointed. But that's not to say the ride is bad in any way, shape, or form, it looks like an incredible ride. Lately PKI has been doing an amazing job with theming, just look at Tomb Raider, Nick Central, or Boomerang Bay, so I'm sure Italian Job will follow suit. Once again PKI uses innovativeness to take a standard launch coaster to the next level by adding bumps, a sound system, headlights, tail lights, and an amazing special effects show right in the middle of the coaster! I'm still standing by my only problem with the ride, that Parking Garage only having 2 walls, lol, but maybe that's supposed to represent the "hollywood set" aspect of it? Anyways, with 2 launches, awesome "tricked out", and licensed, cars(is that a first for a ride, having fully licensed cars?), cool theming, a really cool plaza, and a special effects show that could probably stand on its own as a mini attraction, it looks like it'll be winner for PKI, and hopefully sell a crapload of 2005 passes for them as well.

I said, screw this, I'm getting a SF season pass next year...NOT! This ride will be awesome! No doubt about it. To all of the people complaining about their choice of a new ride...go queue up somewhere else or don't come at all. ;)

I thought there were three launches in store for this ride, but I could be wrong. I wonder if they will sell IJ polo shirts next year. I love my polos.

The Concept art looks great and the movie looks even better. It would have been nice to see some details given like how long and how many coaster trains it can run a hour. I bet they still have to work all that out with the effects in the ride. Does anyone know if the Italian Job in PCW will be bigger or just a clone? :cowboy:

I'm not going out to say i am going to get a Six Flags pass next year, but i was hoping that it would be a B&M, which of course it isnt. I think with looking at Boomerang Bay,Nick Central, the parade, TR:TR, and now this that PKI is trying to do theaming like Universial, Islands of Adventure, and Disney. Personally i would much rather have a record breaker, or atleast a hyper with little to no theaming then well looking at Tomb Raider, its in ways a overly glorified HUSS Top Spin. I have seen/ridden other Top Spins out there and well personall the theaming doesnt to a ton to me. When looking at other rides out there, even with in the park. Vortex, no theaming, great ride. Then looking at rides at other parks. Holiday World uses just the natural surroundigs for Legend and Raven. Cedar Point other then Top Thrill Dragster they dont theme much of anything, Disaster Transports theaming is well a Disaster. Dont get me wrong I am looking foward to it next year, and finally a coaster! But overall the theaming isnt going to do much for me either way.

-rctfreak-(who still wishes it would have been a b&m, oh well theres always 3 years from now)

Disney sucks? Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but dissing Disney just ain't right, especially when PKI's recent surge of rides has been inspired by many of their truly excellent attractions. Though I love PKI's theming, they can't touch Disney, and if you think they have, maybe you need to actual visit a Disney park. With that said, I hope PKI strives to reach that quality of theming, but Italian Job isn't going to be on the level of theme or technology of Test Track, but then again, it doesn't need to for the ride to still be funner than Test Track. :)

Well also in other Paramount rides with movie names, Drop Zone: great ride, but the movie? it was very mediocore and you dont really hear about it at all. Tomb Raider: I think that it will stick for quite a while even more if they come out with more movies/videogames and the such. Face/Off great ride, movei isnt mentioned much now. Thats the one downside of naming rides after Paramount movies at the Paramount parks is that 5,10,15 years down the road are people really going to remember the movie? Top Gun probally but alot i would say arnt going to be remembered.

First off its PARAMOUNT they own those movies and they can do whatever they want with them I hope they dont EVER come out with FOOTLOOSE:The Ride or even worse South Park:The Ride.Havent you heard there is another IJ movie being made for a Summer 2006 release so yeah people will remember it or the ride. Most of those movies arent very good I agree with you there.But with Tomb Raider another movie is planned to be made there isnt release date yet but if it is made you can bet your top dollar the Paramount parks chain will promote it same with Spongebob most people dont know this I know because I was reading about it on the animated-world news awhile back anyway remember how The Rugrats had a bunch of movies coming out? well Paramount is going to do that with Spongebob they have 3 movies planned and a they have ordered new episodes. the Fairly Oddparents has a Movie coming out next summer so as you can see Paramount is becoming a universal if you like or not.I see Pki will in 2006 expand Nick Central(they aint gonna let that golden Ticket go away)2007..something great its the parks birthday..I dont wanna jump the gun or anything but I think PKI will amaze us in the upcoming years.

I think you guys have a couple of misconceptions.

Nick Central next year? Maybe... it sounds logical enough, but unless other parks are looking into closing in on PKI's Golden Ticket Award, it's not necessary. Kiddy areas in general are a whole other world than the main park. The reason behind that is, a kid goes to a park and hangs around HBL and NC for a couple of years and then "graduates" to the rest of the park. Those who no longer go to the kiddy areas don't go back, thus they stay in the main park for the rest of their "career," shall we say, at the park. Thus, the main park always needs to be expanded.

What I'm trying to spit out is, kids won't decide not to go to the park because it has the same rides that it has has for the past 10 years, it's all new to them. Not to mention that they must work their way up on most of the rides in HBL anyway, and by the time they have accomplished the bigger rides in HBL, they're almost big enough for the main park anyway.

We are also handed the illusion that it's been a long time since HBL/NC has been expanded. Wrong. It was expanded last year with SDATHC. That's just forgotten since it was added the same year as Delirium. If we get a kiddy area expansion next year, I wouldn't be entirely too surprised, but I really wouldn't either count on it or expect it in the least.

Ryan

While I have your attention: all you people who are complaining that we're not getting a B&M hyper-gigga-stratta-inverted-floorless-4d coaster next year are really going to eat your words when you see how amazing the Italian Job is going to turn out.

TR:TR, Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack, the Nickelodeon Parade, and now the Italian Job. Is it my imagination, or is PKI becoming more and more like Disney MGM Studios and Universal Studios? We are lucky to live so close to such an awesome park!

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

PS - Please bring back the Phantom Theater.

Disney sucks? Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but dissing Disney just ain't right, especially when PKI's recent surge of rides has been inspired by many of their truly excellent attractions. Though I love PKI's theming, they can't touch Disney, and if you think they have, maybe you need to actual visit a Disney park. With that said, I hope PKI strives to reach that quality of theming, but Italian Job isn't going to be on the level of theme or technology of Test Track, but then again, it doesn't need to for the ride to still be funner than Test Track. :)

I agree. You can't even begin to describe how good Disney is. Don't get me wrong, I still love PKI, but when it comes to theming and overall creativeness, it's Disney hands down. But trust me, IJ is gonna be a big hit.

Actually, I like the name Italian Job:Stunt Track. I don't want every movie themed attraction to be _______:The Ride. That gets lame and old real quick. Actually, PKI has only used it once with Tomb Raider and that is enough. So, are people saying that they should go back and re-name themed movie rides to Top Gun: The Ride, Face/Off: The Ride, Drop Zone: The Ride, etc? Too repetitive and sounds ridiculous to boot.