2008 Coaster?

Beast1979

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUT stands for Down Under Thunder, one of the original sets of slides in Boomerang Bay:

DSCF0159.jpg

Many people complain of its age and that it is not a very comfortable slide nor has it received TLC In awhile and has been rumored to be removed for some sort of new attraction in the waterpark possibly for 2008. I personally dont know if its a good slide or not, I havent ridden it since I was probably 8 years old.

The last time I rode it was Summer of '07. The slide needs to be rehabbed or removed. The abrasions that the slide has practically stops your forward progress.

Can't you recoat the slides to keep it around longer the beach and surf cincinnati had old old attractions????

heck water slides in and around the smokies are very very OLD!!!

and I feel there not going to take anything out of the water park Really theyve' only taken one ride out in its history correct???

Would'nt it be neat to do a water park tribute page???eventually down the road kind of like the coney site?

also Could there be a page on here devoted to all rides taken out one picture of it and its stats and start date and finish date???

also Could there be a page on here devoted to all rides taken out one picture of it and its stats and start date and finish date???

i don't know if it has its stats or date of start and finish but go to photo gallery and scroll down to defunct rides

but i don't know if that will help you with all you want

Can't you recoat the slides to keep it around longer the beach and surf cincinnati had old old attractions????

heck water slides in and around the smokies are very very OLD!!!

and I feel there not going to take anything out of the water park Really theyve' only taken one ride out in its history correct???

Would'nt it be neat to do a water park tribute page???eventually down the road kind of like the coney site?

When Surf cincy closed, the beach bought a few of their old slides and currently use them in the winter for their taboganing atraction, which i feel is the most terrifying thing ive ever been on.

Today Surf Cincinnati's slides are in pretty bad shape...

postthisone1oj2.jpg

postthisone2nh5.jpg

postthisone3fm8.jpg

I dont think you could slide down those easily.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I have really had a chance to read anything on this site. So this is my 1st 2008 possibilities forums to have visited. That being said, ( since maybe this has been said before, but if so I have not seen it ) Does anyone think that the park could be getting anything else from the the

late G. Lake?

Seems like Geauga Lake is the newest "Flea Market" for amusment parks.

Everyone jumping over each other to get the goods for nothing!!

If that park was such a dump that no one wanted to go, then why does everyone want their old rides?

The best ride I was on there was The Villian, and I think somebody already has dibs on that one!!!

OK, I'll bite. Who has dibs on The Villain?

someone who won't take care of it, like Six Flags?

Ahem. Exactly what do you base this senseless comment on?

Please name every historical wooden coaster that Six Flags has demolished or sold. Psyclone doesn't count. And what wooden coasters at Six Flags have you ridden that in your expert opinion are not well maintained? And what is the basis of your expert opinion?

I thought so.