2008 Coaster?

Beast1979

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you mean Six Flags Great America! (SFGA for us old timers is always Six Flags Great Adventure...to be kind to younguns, I always refer to either SFGAd or SFGAm...) By the way, Viper at SFGAm was designed and built in house!

Yes,

It was Viper at Six Flags Great America. I would not have been as kind to the short Togo machine called Viper that was at SFGAd.

I think he means stop trying to be the resident expert on things that you know nothing about, Jackson PKI.

I don't complain about Six Flags because I have never been to any of their parks. Now, I have read trip reports here and at Coasterbuzz and it seems to me that whatever problems they had with maintaining their rides is becoming a thing of the past.

I didn't say you were complaining. I wouldn't be cutting down on any parks' rides that I've never personally been on.

Case Example:

I had heard many complaints about Thunderhawk at Geauga Lake. Many people were calling it a hang-n-bang.

After CF acquired GL, I decided to make a trek up there (but not based on who owned it). I rode Thunderhawk about 5-6 times over 2 days and I thought it was a pretty intense and smooth ride. I could have just made the assumption that it was very rough and not ride it at all, but I wanted to see for myself.

Did you ride the same Thunderhawk that I rode back in 2002? I went on that ride back when the park was known as Six Flags Worlds of Adventure and the ride was known as Serial Thriller. That was my first, and to date only, Vekoma SLC coaster. I hated it and could not wait to get off of it. To say it was a hang and bang is a fairly accurate statement.

I do wonder how the new trains that Vekoma has developed will ride on the Vekoma SLCs. Currently, Morey`s Pier is installing these trains on their SLC coaster. Instead of having an over the shoulder restraint, they feature vests that are similar to those found on Firehawk and the other two Vekoma flyers.

I didn't say you were complaining. I wouldn't be cutting down on any parks' rides that I've never personally been on.

Case Example:

I had heard many complaints about Thunderhawk at Geauga Lake. Many people were calling it a hang-n-bang.

After CF acquired GL, I decided to make a trek up there (but not based on who owned it). I rode Thunderhawk about 5-6 times over 2 days and I thought it was a pretty intense and smooth ride. I could have just made the assumption that it was very rough and not ride it at all, but I wanted to see for myself.

I thought it was a very intense and fun ride, but I wouldn't be saying the same about say, Maverick!