Dead Awakening

art_star

I want to see this and go through Club Blood the most. Both are at the top of my list. I have to wait until Saturday to go, so the plan is to hit up Club Blood first and then Dead Awakeing at some point in the evening. Everything else I don't see I'll get in over the next few visits.

It is going to be a fun show. It is basically a song and dance show following a plot line--- with a suprise ending... The songs are very current, and a lot of fun- very video style. The performers are all very talented. Lighting is excellent and adds a great element to the show!!! Much more edgy than shows at Kings Island in the past. I would stop by for sure on a visit to the Haunt.

If you guys haven't seen it yet, Dead Awakening is certainly the highlight of Halloween Haunt this year. Remember, it's for mature audiences!!

it was awesome and the actors were great the songs not so much needs more scary music not

thanks for the memorys and talk sick ok Brittany spears a little scary but not her songs.

I saw this Saturday night, and thought it was pretty bad, I noticed quite a few people leaving, and it was actually the first time I walked out of a show at Kings Island. I did notice what sounded like a bunch of drunk guys in a strip club enjoying the show a little to much.

I'm not sure how putting people in goth make-up, and watching them dance to pop songs is remotely scary.

I had a better time standing in lines for haunts.

There was definately more intense language than has ever been used at KI. Language that would easily be blocked by the boards profanity monitor.

Personally I just saw the show as a blond girl getting murdered in her sleep by her dream. The music was okay, but it wasnt exactly a show that made you think or had a rich plot. Basically just linkin park, evenescence, maroon five, britney spears, etc. sung by people with "death" makeup on.

I would say that this show is not for everyone. I would not bring kids to the show,,, there is foul language and suggestive theming used throughout. That is why there is a big sign out front, ushers telling each family who comes in that it is intended for mature audiences, and an annoucement at the beginning of the show stating that as well.

I would say though that the language used in the show can be found on any network television station after 8 pm.... This live show doesn't start until 8:30 pm... The costumes, they are slightly skimpy, but nothing you couldn't see on any rap video on MTV or BET, and the same goes for the choreo.

Also,,, shows aren't for everyone. If you like watching singing/dancing/acting type of stuff, its a good show. If you are the typical Haunt guest, who just wants to come to be 'scared' then the show may not be the best use of your time. It's cool to watch, but not really scary per say. It depends on what you're looking for in the park.

Also, most theme park shows don't have a 'deep' plot. If that's what you're looking for, again,,, not the show for you. It is meant as a song/dance show themed around Haunt as far as content and story line goes.

I saw all four shows Friday night, and this show is definitely not for kids. In each show, there were many older folks that got up and left, but on the other hand, heard lots of positive comments from those that stayed. Who ever thought that there would be a girl in a white teddy and a shirtless guy "dirty dancing" on stage at KI? For some this was not the family ice show type of entertainmnet that some expected and for others, it was the best show ever held at the International Showplace in years. On the other hand, the show at the Paramount Theater left a lot to be desired - KI should have brought in Monsters Rock from Cedar Point to play there with the cool guitar players.

We went to HH on Saturday night and checked out one of the shows of "Dead Awakening". It was definitely more risque than I thought KI would allow; not that that is a complaint. It was an alright show, the dancers/singers were talented enough. My only issue is that I had no clue what was going on. Can anyone explain the full plot for me?

Hmm a lot of folks are going thinking FearFest, its not for families anymore, thankfully. Then again people usually don't read the signs before they get on rides and wonder why the heart condition is acting up after a spin on The Beast...

WHENS FEAR FEST last time i checked it was Halloween Haunt!!!!!

I enjoyed the show, in fact it might be next to my favorite at Kings Island.

I agree with everyone that this show is a step in a different direction than what Paramount would ever try doing. Remember, Cedar Fair parks in general are drifted for the teenager/adult age group. The show really is nothing short of the same thing we find on television these days. But unlike being able to block shows like parents can do, this is a theme park and the best they can do is give a warning to everyone.

Why are so many people leaving? I haven't seen the show yet, so i'm just curious.

Couple of different reasons. First of all, being an open-air venue, it's kind of a come and go as you please atmosphere, so regardless of how good a show is, you'll see people walk out of that venue. Secondly, it's a lofty idea to have someone sit still for a half hour at an amusement park. You'll notice that most people leave about 20 minutes into it, which is just enough time to get used to sitting down

I take it has a hot chic wearing next to nothing... Sounds good to me!

Opening night it was but this past Friday wasn't. Oh, the chick was still hot, but she wore more clothing this time around. First week she had on a teddy, this week she had on a long silk nightgown.

Speaking of hot chicks, there is one in Club Blood that is smokin' hot. She was right before the dude on the bungee cord aparatus. I went through that place 4 times just to check her out!! :lol:

I take it has a hot chic wearing next to nothing... Sounds good to me!

Opening night it was but this past Friday wasn't. Oh, the chick was still hot, but she wore more clothing this time around. First week she had on a teddy, this week she had on a long silk nightgown.

I saw it last night and apparently they have changed a lot from what most have said opening night was like. Every one of the performers were decently covered and I didn't notice a lot of foul language, maybe one word but that was it.

There were still a lot of people leaving but it was pretty much parents with kids who most likely didn't bother to read or listen to the warnings. I'm guessing they probably got a lot of complaints after opening night and had to adapt the show accordingly. The sad thing is that the complaints most likely came from these same parents who don't pay attention to the warnings.