Can you ride at CP?

So we all know that KI is more forgiving to heavier people than CP, I was just wondering what everyone's experience has been with this?

Thanks!

It really has nothing to do with CP, but more with the recomendations for seatbealt length from Intamin for MF and TTD.

CP could ignore what Intamin said, but, that would leave the door open to many issues if an incident would happen to occur.

Now with Maverick, it has OTSR's and caters to a majority of America.

Chances are anything over a 38" waist will not be able to enjoy MF or TTD.

Believe it or not it has help me lose weight. 2 Years ago I went with some friends to CP for the first time and stuggled to get the seat belt on me on MF, at the time my weight was 240 bls at 6'2", I was pushing it. Well I love coasters so much that it gave me motivation to diet. 2 years later I'm down to 190 bls and still losing. I have no problems riding any coaster now.

I can't ride MF, TTD, WT, Mantis, Raptor, Sky Hawk, Maverick, or MaxAir. (I'm 6' 4" and 280 pounds) I used to be able to ride MF, Mantis & Raptor, but they chnaged the restraints. At KI, I fit on everything, even Runaway Reptar. Go figure!

Hmmm. That thread doesn't say all the Millennium Force belts are longer...just that some are...and that the one on the test seat is shorter than many of the belts on the trains. I've often noted that the belts vary greatly in length from seat to seat on that ride...One poster does speculate that perhaps all the belts will end up being replaced...eventually.

So we all know that KI is more forgiving to heavier people than CP, I was just wondering what everyone's experience has been with this?

Thanks!

It really has nothing to do with CP, but more with the recomendations for seatbealt length from Intamin for MF and TTD.

CP could ignore what Intamin said, but, that would leave the door open to many issues if an incident would happen to occur.

Now with Maverick, it has OTSR's and caters to a majority of America.

Chances are anything over a 38" waist will not be able to enjoy MF or TTD.

QUOTE(Hank @ Sep 29 2007, 11:13 AM) *

I used to be able to ride MF, Mantis & Raptor, but they chnaged the restraints.!

The restraints on Mantis and Raptor are still the original ones from when the rides were first opened.

The OTSRs are still tight at the bottom, and the waist thing is more like 40"

With Raptor and Mantis and Millennium Force, Dragster...

You see, they replaced the Restraints every few years, as a safety issue, however they each are Identical each year to the previous one. but the belt length does change.

Millennium Force this year has a lot more room, still smallest in the park, but 2" more belt. as well as dragster, you can tell its longer.

So for those of you in 2006 when the restraints were all itty bitty, you should now be able to ride, well, moreso...

so..

There goes the floor you are out the door and ready to soar... ON RAPTOR!!

You're out of here flipping upside down 4 times in 4 ways all while standing on your own 2 feet OH BOY! YOURE ON MANTIS!!

Enjoy your race for the sky ON TOP THRILL DRAGSTER!!

sit up right hold on tight and enjoy your ride on the RBMF... the RECORD BREAKING MILLENNIUM FORCE!!

CLEAR!!

Post ending in 3-2-1

But it's NOT just a waist thing. It's a shape thing. On Millennium, if one has large thighs but a relatively thinner waist, you still can't ride. On Mantis and Raptor, one can have a small waist but be built like a weightlifter or be a "well endowed" female and still not be able to ride.

Thus the test seats. Too bad the belts on the MF one and the ride itself often do not match. Some people can ride some seats yet not fit the test seat, while some fit the test seat but not certain seats on the train. Somehow, this just doesn't seem like good customer service, nor very smart.

I can't ride MF, TTD, WT, Mantis, Raptor, Sky Hawk, Maverick, or MaxAir. (I'm 6' 4" and 280 pounds) I used to be able to ride MF, Mantis & Raptor, but they chnaged the restraints. At KI, I fit on everything, even Runaway Reptar. Go figure!

I dont mean to be rude or anything, but Skyhawk has the most accommodating restraints ever. EVER!

the Boomerang simply has to lay over and click to ride...

Sorry

But it's NOT just a waist thing. It's a shape thing. On Millennium, if one has large thighs but a relatively thinner waist, you still can't ride. On Mantis and Raptor, one can have a small waist but be built like a weightlifter or be a "well endowed" female and still not be able to ride.

Thus the test seats. Too bad the belts on the MF one and the ride itself often do not match. Some people can ride some seats yet not fit the test seat, while some fit the test seat but not certain seats on the train. Somehow, this just doesn't seem like good customer service, nor very smart.

Okay, of all people, I believe I know about this issue.

I have developed methods to get people in, and people that know will think this is hilarious...

1. Fupa Stretcher...

2. Titstacker

3. Inny-Outty

and of course

4. Bear-Hug

its really funny when you see someone close a restraint on a busty female, and hear "OH MY TITS!"

Yep. Once upon a time, your predecessors had to help me fit Top Thrill Dragster. Then, there was the time literally six ride ops helped force down the lap restraint on Robin of Batman and Robin: The Chiller so that I could ride.

Those days are, thankfully, over. Now I am stunned as I sit in booths that used to wedge me in in restaurants and I marvel over the six to eight inches of empty space between me and the table. I used to fill that?

Wow.

And I am not even done yet. About 2/3 of the way there.

And no, coasters were not any part of my decision to become a lesser person. Just an important, and relatively unexpected, side benefit. The only ones I had not fit were Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFOG and V2 in Chicago. I am sure there would have eventually been more.

Of course, there are small negatives, too. T2 I actually enjoyed, before I lost weight. Now that I am no longer wedged in, I understand and agree with those who say its front to back shuffling actions are uncomfortable. They are.

I must also add that one's torso size can affect the fit. The distance from my shoulders to my tailbone is quite long and therefore some of the restraints simply won't fit - making me too tall to ride. But like I said, somehow Runaway Reptar accomodates me with no problem, as does Flight of Fear, Fairly Odd Coaster, and everything else (I haven't tried Firehawk yet).

of course it does...

Inta-Schwartz-'n'M have picky restraints, the Intamin-Schwartzkopf folks did innovations... then they split and intaimin went nuts with more innovation, schwartzkopf kinda fizzled out... intamin had two folks branch off for new powerful machines which were innovative but relatively classic, they each had picky restraints, but intamin moreso than B&M

possibly a scare from CP06 brought it, but also, gas prices... higher this year than ever... UGGH!

remember, people know that they can lose a bit of weight from one year to the next, if they were close, then they might try again, I do agree though that weight scares will embarass a guest more often than not...

aka... "OH I GUESS I CAN RIDE CAUSE I GOT BIIIIIG F*CKIN TITTIES!!"

Me, too. It's particularly frustrating when:

* The would be rider fit the test seat but not the ride, but doesn't find that out til after waiting in the entire line.

* The would be rider is insulted by the ride operator at the entrance to the ride, and virtually MADE to sit in the test seat. (I have personally seen this happen twice this summer...and neither person involved, both females, was amused, to put it mildly...) I know that MOST employees would not act this way, but I also know I saw this happen twice. It is most insulting and not very nice. There is a HUGE difference (bad pun NOT intended) in gently offering the use of the test seat and POINTEDLY and LOUDLY pointing out the would be rider NEEDS to try the test seat. Large people, for the most part, know they are large, but do not want that fact pointed out to the rest of the world. And yes, I know the ride operator in situation number two is just trying to avoid situation number one.

Me, too. It's particularly frustrating when:

* The would be rider fit the test seat but not the ride, but doesn't find that out til after waiting in the entire line.

* The would be rider is insulted by the ride operator at the entrance to the ride, and virtually MADE to sit in the test seat. (I have personally seen this happen twice this summer...and neither person involved, both females, was amused, to put it mildly...) I know that MOST employees would not act this way, but I also know I saw this happen twice. It is most insulting and not very nice. There is a HUGE difference (bad pun NOT intended) in gently offering the use of the test seat and POINTEDLY and LOUDLY pointing out the would be rider NEEDS to try the test seat. Large people, for the most part, know they are large, but do not want that fact pointed out to the rest of the world. And yes, I know the ride operator in situation number two is just trying to avoid situation number one.

In the case of CP, the operators try to do their best to catch all large guests before entering the line, at MF its but forcing everyone to climb on the test seat and ask if they have ridden this year. if yeah, then they assume that the rider has ridden, and proceeds... I have been stopped... and everyone knows, I'm MF riding material.

it hard to catch everything.and when you allow someone to enter, just to spend 2 hours in a line then get turned away and do the WALK OF SHAME!! that hurts.

Trust me...

MF big-kids sitting in the back seat is the most hilarious thing ever...

think about it...

you get released after saying "sorry" then you have to walk the entire train length to the front of the train, and exit the station out the back of the platform... that has to be the worst feeling... but its better than them asking, "can't i just ride without it? I'll be fine!"

None of it compares to slinking off after not fitting, in front of national media, park management and literally dozens of people who know you on media day from the first trainload of media riders about five years ago. . .and then having folks at home (and other parks' management) ask you "Wasn't that you? Why didn't you ride?"

Sigh.

Funniest part of that story (bad pun INtended)? About two months later, the then CEO of that park chain attempted to ride same ride. HE didn't fit. The next year, the then one year old coaster sported new, larger trains. True story!

Oh, the Superman: The Ride rides got the restraints modified, and how. Shin guards that keep your feet in place under the T bar, additions to the t bar that go down over your hips. More accommodating to many riders, but not the most comfortable things. The Superman rides at SFA and SFNE both got this treatment, as did the one now known as Ride of Steel at Darien Lake. This all happened after two separate incidents, first at Darien, then at SFNE. The Darien coaster didn't even have seat belts when it opened, and had an incident on its second public day, early in the morning.

INTAMIN has indicated it will not have any more large US coasters with the T Bars like Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster have. Kingda Ka, Stormrunner and Maverick all have OTSR's.