Can you ride at CP?

I rode MF in 2000 without any issues, but haven't been back to CP since then. I can ride any ride at KI though.

Many, many people who rode MF in 2000 will NOT fit it now.

Each year since 2003, I've lost more weight.

And in each succeeding year, I have BARELY fit Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster.

Even though each year there has been less of me than the year before, since 2004.

Just because you fit Millennium Force in 2000 does not mean you will fit it now.

Same story with Pitt Fall at Kennywood. So much so that Kennywood has posted a sign to the effect: We apologize that some riders who have enjoyed this attraction in the past will no longer be able to do so. The restraints have been modified at the suggestion of the manufacturer.

Drop Zone also has smaller belts than when they were first installed (and at first, it didn't even have belts). Still, they are longer than those on Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster.

Every week there is a new story in the paper or on TV saying that people in the USA are getting heavier and heavier - not exercising, eating too much fast food, etc.

Maybe we should start ordering coasters from AMERICAN companies instead of the skinny Europeans.

But, then again, my KIA Rio has more room than my Chevy Cavalier!

MF and TTD's restraints have been lengthened twice this year. I know because at the end of last year I could not fit on MF or TTD and it was so bad I couldn't possibly lose the weight I needed to get on them. Over the winter, MF and TTD's bars were lengthened (and MF's seat belt was now threaded below the metal side bars instead of over them) because over the winter if I did anything it was gain weight, however come May I was extremely close to fitting. That spurred me to go on a diet since I was finally within striking distance. Come June, I was able to take my first ride on MF and TTD since fall 2003, however they were extremely tight fits. I have held my weight (more or less) since then, so I knew in August that I would have to say goodbye to TTD and MF for the year because while me in thin shorts could ride them, me in pants (jeans, sweats, anything other then my athletic shorts really) was not going to be able too. Much to my surprise when I went opening night of Halloweekends, not only did I fit with pants but I fit much better with pants, thus this fall they lengthened the belts again.

Touchdown: at least in the seat(s) you rode in. Again, there is drastic inconsistency in belts from seat to seat on Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. Shouldn't be, but there is.

Interpreter, I had multiple rides on MF/TTD in multiple locations throughout the year (and days I was there.) I know Im not the only one that noticed the change too (check out pointbuzz, I would link but Im not sure if thats frowned upon here.) I know its hard to believe, but they have been changed.

KI Beast, by lengthened I mean the seat belts.

I'm aware that some of the belts are longer. In fact, I made that point earlier in this thread. And the link to pointbuzz, also posted here earlier--by KIBeast, made the same point. See post #11 in this very thread for the link.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=178355

SOME of the belts ARE now longer. Not all, but some. Some have not yet been changed out.

I've been with people this summer who fit some seats and not others, on the same day.

Im well aware about the belts being different lengths, however I will stand by the fact that they have lengthened them twice, because both times it was a matter of inches (especially the one done last off season) not fractions of an inch which is typically the differences between belts.

Every week there is a new story in the paper or on TV saying that people in the USA are getting heavier and heavier - not exercising, eating too much fast food, etc.

Maybe we should start ordering coasters from AMERICAN companies instead of the skinny Europeans.

But, then again, my KIA Rio has more room than my Chevy Cavalier!

I couldn't agree more, America is expanding at a alarming rate, it would seem to me if the amusment parks are having attendance issues then maybe build coasters that big folks can ride. Their money is green as anyone else. Last I heard now over 60% of all American children are obese not just overweight. Maybe a few trips to the amusment park would burn some of that off but they won't come if they can't enjoy the major attractions.

Im well aware about the belts being different lengths, however I will stand by the fact that they have lengthened them twice, because both times it was a matter of inches (especially the one done last off season) not fractions of an inch which is typically the differences between belts.

I would like to see the press release stating these facts.