How do you rate Halloween Haunt?

BoddaH1994

Guest kwindshawne

Ryan, you were right...this does deserve an upcharge. I did not go through anything, but hearing the stories from the people who did, and walking through the park after closing, they have gone all out. The guy in the chair by the admission booth....that was pretty.....disturbing.....

KI really went all out with this year's Halloween Haunt! When they said 2x the monsters, they meant it!

There was a long line to get into the park when we got there, about 5 minutes prior to opening. The moment the doors opened, people started screaming...and it didnt stop! As we slowly walked through security and made it through the gates, we came face to face with 2 monsters greeting the guests at each check in booth! Once you walked through that, there were about 50 monsters roaming around the front entrance....sliders, vampires, zombies, those bush monster things, 10ft tall aliens and creatures. WOW!

So it was about 7:15 and we decided to head into Action Zone. We passes skeletons playing cornhole, skeletons in Bengals jerseys, and numerous fog machines. Face/Off was a walk on and we got 3 re-rides! After we got off, we headed over to SOB. And there was an unanounced fear zone! WASTE LAND. There were aliens and guys dressed up in those white scientist outfits with blood and stuff walking around! It was really cool!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOB was alright, so we stood around Skyflier for abit to think about what to do next.....well, haha....some HOT vampire chick wearing very revealing clothing, those big boots, and blood splatered over her body!!! Walked up to us. She said something along the lines of, "Hey big boys, I bet there are some girls waiting for you in Club Blood......right this way..." So she walked us down Top Gun's exit path...which turned around into the line, back up to this abandoned shed that said "Club Blood" it had a small line....and she walked away. Doug was too afraid to get his picture with her.

CLUB BLOOD: (NEW)

Scare Factor - 4/10 I didn't really jump, though I was anticipating it...

Gross Factor - 8/10 Pregnant vampires with disturbing babies, and BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!

Make-You-Jump-Factor - I jumped once.

Attraction Time - About 3-4 minutes.

Stand Outish things - Dirty talk, hot chicks, cool music, great set up!

I was second in line...and I'm glad I didn't have to wait long for this attraction. It was cool and gross, but it wasn't scary. For a new attraction, I hope they can make this scarier next time! They had plenty of opportunities to scare.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we exited through Top Gun's entrance and walked over to Coney Mall. You couldn't really tell it was Coney Mall becuase the sign just had carny lights around it. I saw the line for Massacre Manor was about 15 minutes long and we got in line.

MASSACRE MANOR:

Scare Factor - 10/10 It's a haunted house with dead guys all over!

Make-You-Jump-Factor- I jumped about 8 times.

Gross Factor - 8/10 Hair hanging from the ceiling in a pitch black room could send someone over the edge.

Attraction Time - about 5 minutes

Standoutish things - Cool magicy stuff in this....floater girl and some guy gets the buzz-saw! Oh and don't forget that room with the hair...

This house has it all if you want a haunted HOUSE. You start off in a room with a woman telling you about the house and the little girl that died, and how her presance haunts it still today. From there on, you are on your own! Once you turn the corner, you have to go through: a corridor with bloody clothes, and you have to part it aside to get by! A long corridor with closed doors....or will they open? Many rooms in the house with nasty blood splattered people; a pitch black room with hair hanging from the ceiling; the girl's bed room, and finally.....the basement. I jumped ALOT in this house...this gets five stars from me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So from there we walked back by Firehawk. Doug had been to KI before, but Firehawk was broken down. And surprise! It was again. We had already been on Death Row, so we went to TRAIL OF TERROR.

TRAIL OF TERROR: (Psyco Path in previous years)

Scare Factor - 3/10

Gross Factor - 6/10

Make-You-Jump-Factor - I jumped twice

Attraction Time - about 10 minutes

Standoutish things - Fun Tunnel! Chainsaws, body parts...more body parts....the spewing Portal Potty!

This attraction seriously let me down last year....and it kinda did this year. SO much potential! They have you crawling through a sewer pipe...and nothing happens! It's a bunch of crazy red-necks, zombies, bush monsters, and chainsaw guys! I got abit nervous when the chainsaw guy was inches away from my legs....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after that long walk, we went over to get a ride on The Vortex....2 train op is still great! Awesome night ride. After that, we saw another missed credit for Doug...Italian Job. The crew works fast! The line was about 5 minutes. Thennn....it was time for a night ride on The Beast! Walk on line, so we stayed on for two freezing-cold, but awesome rides! Gotta love those pitch black tunnels. But with all those smoke machines KI uses, why can't they put a few back there?! That would be sweet! And then we strolled over to Tombstone-TERRORtory.

TOMBSTONE-TERRORTORY: (Headless Hollow last year...it's the train ride)

Scare Factor - ZERO! BORING!

Gross Factor - 2/10 There's a tunnel full of fog and heads.

Attraction Time - 15 minutes. You ride a train back into the woods to get inline for it.

Make-You-Jump-Factor - ZERO!

So, what made this such a suck-fest?

1: Sending people in almost constantly.

2: Either a few of these guys were dead....or they were sleeping on the ground.

3: The scariest part of the ride was "off limits"...some security guy was looking around with a flashlight.

4: The attraction stopped at a few points, just because there were so many people walking through it.

5: No one poped out. They just made grunting noises.

6: It was a long walk for nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to get that train wreck outof our heads, we went over to Carn-Evil

CARN-EVIL: (Circus of Horrors in previous years)

Scare Factor - 6/10 Some people REALLY do NOT like clowns

Gross factor - 2/10

Make-You-Jump-Factor - I jumped about 5 times

Outstandish things - It's 3-D! People blend in with things, and there are parts where you swear you are on Acid!

It's a brightly lit funhouse. Yep, fun house. The main times I jumped were when they clowns pop out of the walls by slamming down these pannels. It was cool, but a let down. It was WAY better when it was in the Festhaus...they used blow-horns! But I think they needed more scareactors in this attraction, too many places where you walk for a while and no one is there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And after that, it was time to go. The only thing we skipped was Red Beard's Revenge. Didn't look worth the wait.

Thanks for reading! Might have pics up soon.

-KI Man

PS - I got to ride Face/Off with PKI Vortex...nice seein ya!

SOB was alright, so we stood around Skyflier for abit to think about what to do next.....well, haha....some HOT vampire chick wearing very revealing clothing, those big boots, and blood splatered over her body!!!

You must have saw the same vampire chick I did! She was smokin HOTT!!! :rolleyes:

I did go last night as I said I would.

I missed the "Wall of Monsters"opening show as the line for the metal detectors was back into the parking lot when I arrived at 6:50. At first it looked like they were only going to have only 2 lanes, but they soon opened more. There were monsters all through the front gate plaza, but I spotted a no line wait to go in through the stroller gate by GR, and opted to take it and get into the park.

I headed to CarnEVIL first, and was on the first group through CarnEVIL. I'm not one of those people who are scared by clowns, but I liked the rolling light tunnel,and the room where the scareactor is dessed in a costume that matches the pattern on the walls.

Next was RedBeard's, I walked up to it, and wound up getting a private tour as there was no one else in line. I got recognized by one of the scareactors, and overall thought it was decent, with the mix of both outdoor and indoor elements, favorite scene was when I was looking at the woman pirate in bed, wondering what she was going to do, when a male pirate pops out from the back of the bed,

I then had time to kill, so rides on Beast and Italian Job, then I got to Tombstone Territory in time to be on the first train out. I have to second the post that this as a suckfest. The train ride was nothing but a ghost story, then even with being on the first train out, I was in the wrong part of the train, and it still took about half hour to get thrrough the line in the back. One problem is that it seemed like they were using full trains. It's a capacity nightmare, and then you get funneled out the white water canyon exit, and it just seemed so lame. Nobody jumping out, the cool parts woould be the part where you have a burlap swatch every 2' and there are like 10 in a row, and its all fogged up and you are waiting for something to happen, but it doesn't. It was just a major time sink, for little results.

Then headed over to Death Row. A real maze where you can get lost, but the constrant strobing and alarm siren got old REAL fast. I was eager to get out of there just to prevent a real nasty headache. Man that was unpleasant. Found an unauthorized shortcut through an area that had a water cooler and stuff for the staff. After 5-10 solid minutes of strobes and sirens, if I would have seen an emergency exit, it would have been awful tempting...

Rode Flight of Fear, then did Trail of Terror. I liked the trail this year, lots of good stuff. The sewerpipe was full of anticipation but no payoff, but yet the haunt seemed longer than most, and had a lot more action going on. As an added bounus, you have the insulter guy as you start into line.

Liked the carnival from hell display out in front of the Skeeball building. Worksite was pretty lame, and Cemetary, well the folks working Cemetary looked bored as no body was going through it, when we entered they all had to run to their places from being hudlled up in one spot chit chatting.

More rides - Italian Job, Beast, Delirium.

Then we finsihed up regulation time with a trip through Club Blood. R rated and risque yes, scary no.

We then ended the night being the last group on SKyflyer - finally getting on the ride at 1:45AM!!!

All in all the haunts themselves I didn't see that much of an upgrade over Fear Fest, what was changed was the massive amounts of props and stuff along the walkways, literally stuff everywhere you look.

We went tonight and had a good time. We didn't see as many monsters around as we would have liked to. There were times that the kids were looking for them and there were NONE to be found. We actually walked through International Street twice and no monsters.

We were able to do The Worksite, Club Blood, Death Row, CarnEvil, Redbeard and the Cemetery. They were all okay. I think that I liked CarnEvil the the best. It wasn't really scary but it was very cool to walk through.

I do have to say that if they are going to have an up charge of more then $10.00 for 2008 they will need to step it up some. I really didn't see much of a difference then last year. Actually, last year we couldn't get out of the park without being chased by some sort of spook. Very different this year since there was not one to be found. I give Halloween Haunt a 3.

I went tonight with high expectations, and i was not disappointed. Last year when I went to Fear Fest i was terribly disappointed. What impressed me the most this year was not the attractions but the overall theming in the park. They really went all out. There were definitely more monster and scarers roaming around, and they did a really good job on sneaking up on people. I also was amazed at the amount of fog that was used. I love fog and thought it created an awesome atmosphere. And the fog got thicker and more frequent as the night went on. The overall park themeing (and scare-roamers) were WAY better than last year.

The only downside was the huge crowds. I would've prefered an upcharge, because the crowds would be much more manageable and it the event would be worth paying for. We only went through 3 mazes tonight because we also hit some rides plus the lines were very long. Red Beard's Revenge was first, and that was so awesome. 9/10. Much improved from last year's cowboy carnage, which i also liked.

The train one was okay, there wasn't enough sarers when we went through, and they were letting people in too often which caused a backup. But it was still pretty good and well themed. I'll give it a 6/10, but with more scares it has the potential for 8/10. After some rides we rode Trail of Terror, which had a surprisingly short line. The park needs a sign to show where the maze entrance is- its a little confusing with Firehawk and the extra crowds in X-Base. Trail of Terror was AMAZING it was extremely scary and overall very well-done. 10x better than last year, (it was a disappointment that year). 10/10. Highly recommended.

Overall we had an awesome night. On a side note, I had my first night ride on Firehawk--which made a great ride even better. It's an awesome ride at night. Worth the 90 minute wait. Ill be back in 3 weeks to check out the rest of the mazes.

Yeah, the trains are running at capacity... so every 7 minutes or so 400 people show up for Tombstone Terrortory. Also, when your sending large groups through there is NO WAY you can scare everybody; it's just impossible.

I hate it that you didn't think it was scary, obvivously you went through with a LARGE group... but we can't help that. -Hauntguy

I'm not going to rate right now, I did go on Friday, but the only HH stuff I did was the 2 live shows. I'm going to wait till I experience more of the attractions till I vote. Which I may be doing next Friday and Saturday Night.

But I thought that the monster greeting you at the front gate turn styles was a nice touch. Other then that, I didn't see all that many creepers in the park, I did see a few in Action Zone, but other then that, not many.

Ok I went yesterday I give it a 4 very good but monsters seemed to vanish. I think I have a explanation. There are kids working there like me who are 16 and have there driver lisnces well Ohio made up a law that no one under the age of 18 can be out past 11 at night on the roads so I guessing

they had to go home early.

I hate to say it, but it was a HUGE let down. We went in Club Blood, Death Row, Trail of Terror, Massacre Manor, Cornstalkers, The Worksite, and The Cemetery with small children, and none of them were scared at all. I am upset with the lack of people working the mazes and fear zones. At Cedar Point you can walk through their fear zones without having to wait in line, how come you have to wait in line for KI's?

Club Blood was my favorite of them all. Trail of Terror, Massacre Manor were ok, then Death Row was terrible, there was nobody trying to scare people. The Work Site was the best fear zone, I liked the noise and the chain saws at the end. Cornstalkers, there was only three monsters workin it when we went through. The Cemetery, there was nobody there doing their job. All they did was direct people through the maze.

Ok I went yesterday I give it a 4 very good but monsters seemed to vanish. I think I have a explanation. There are kids working there like me who are 16 and have there driver lisnces well Ohio made up a law that no one under the age of 18 can be out past 11 at night on the roads so I guessing

dont they allow you to stay out if your working late? i think that you can. i remember hearing about it before... i think the rule is if your out you have to be returning home or something along those lines..

Cornstalkers, there was only three monsters workin it when we went through.

What time did you go through? There is never a time when only three people work Cornstalkers. I have never seen it with less than 6 monsters. Usually it's closer to 15-20. Some of the costumes are the same, so maybe you saw 2-3 people, and thought they were the same because of the same costume.

Nope, that is incorrect. Ohio does not have such a law. Certain cities and counties have restrictions on minor's driver licenses that do impose a curfew however that curfew is not state wide. I live in the city of Fairfield, our city has used to have that curfew on friday and saturday nights. However, there are exemptions in those curfew laws, one of those being work related travel. I worked at KI for two years under the age of 18. In the summer of 2005 I was in an automobile accident when I was rear ended at a stop light just outside of Mason. The person who was at fault (the gentleman behind me who rear ended me) tried to claim this would never have happened had I been obeying the curfew, the cop questioned me about why I was out so late so I showed him my uniform shirt, name tag, and I.D. and even offered to show him my schedule to show I was within the my rights and he kindly agreed then pointed that out to the jerk behind me. The city of Hamilton had a curfew untill 2006 when it was re-voked because very litte was being done to enforce it and they questioned the curfew's legality. In early 2007 I was writing an article about it and sat in on a city council meeting where they debated it, they have yet to bring back a curfew and Fairfield repealed thiers as well.

^ And you would be right! -Hauntguy

No, he wouldn't, minor labor laws state that any seasonal worker under the age of 18 in Ohio has to have atleast one documented, un-paid half hour break every 5 hours. So the reason there may have been less creepers is not because they all had to go home, but if they had their breaks and staffing done correctly then there shouldn't have been a problem.

I went through a few last night. The best was CarnEVIL, and the worst was the Work Site. Near the end of the path, one of the two chain saw wielding characters told us that we're no fun, and that he should put down his chain saw and go home. I guess this was because we didn't take off running like the 12 year old girls were doing.

The staff must have their night full. I can't imagine how long it takes to clean and repair the park after all the guests have left. There is a white picket fence around the Italian Job next to the Work Site Queue that had numerous points (trianle caps) pulled off of the pickets.

My impression was that it's no better or worse than last year. Just, different.

My impression was that it's no better or worse than last year. Just, different.

It's the first step in a journey. Is it better or worse? You tell me. I do agree that rather than trying to decide if it's better or worse the best way to describe it is being different. But hey... we had seen the same stuff for like 5 years, I welcome any change. Plus I don't think anyone can argue with the direction it's going.

• 4 weeks later...
Cause Cedar Points scare zones are not worth waiting in line for.

You have got to be kidding me, CP's Scare Zones beat the pants off of KI's. They are much longer (well Fear Faire and Fright Zone are) on wider midways with many more places to hide. Fright Zone remains my favorite Halloween attraction at any park Ive been to.

Well done and a lot better than last year. Torture Chamber and Dead Awakening arent that bad and the new mazes were set up quite well IMO especially Club Blood considering it didnt seem like thay had the most time to get it set up. Didnt go through Death Row due to the line but it looked and sounded good so that is one for next year.