Official Poll:What was your favorite part of Halloween Haunt 2007?

BoddaH1994

The best haunted attractions wer Carn Evil, Trail Of Terror, Massacre Manor, Tombstone, and Red Beard's Revenge. The fear zones were better this year with more scaresters. The live entertainment was needs to be improved and more family appropriate.

"Family Appropriate" ??? Have you not seen how Halloween Haunt has been billed? Mature audiences. So family appropriate would not be fitting for the Halloween Haunt entertainment. Nick or Treat yes, Halloween Haunt no. I will even give you for FearFest, but this isn't FearFest anymore and thats the point.

The best haunted attractions wer Carn Evil, Trail Of Terror, Massacre Manor, Tombstone, and Red Beard's Revenge. The fear zones were better this year with more scaresters. The live entertainment was needs to be improved and more family appropriate.

If anything, I think it could stand to be a little more inappropriate. Halloween Haunt is for mature audiences and needs to stay that way.

They can warn parents all they want, but there will still be some people who think that their child is mature enough to handle monsters coming after them without having nightmares later that night. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall at some of the people’s houses after they watched Dead Awakening. I think there were a few parents that were going to have to have “the talk” sooner then they expected! On the other hand, it is not much worse then what you would see on MTV or even prime time T.V.

I’m not sure that it is realistic if you take a family friendly theme park and promote it that way for years and then all of a sudden take an event like Halloween Haunt and make it for mature audiences only. I’m not saying that it is right or wrong; I’m just throwing it out there. I would almost expect something like Halloween Haunt to be at Cedar Point and Halloweekends to be at Kings Island. Cedar Point seems to be geared more for teens and adults and Kings Island has an outstanding child’s area and lots of rides for the “tween” group, you know family frendly. It’s almost like they got the parks mixed up.

of course natalie does better

britney lipsyncs' for crying out loud

Ummm to the parent whos says it needs to be family whatever you wanna call it

YOU my dear are the ones we taunt going through my line about "bringing your children here and the years of psychology its going to take to get them through this..."

seriously...... some kids CAN handle this.. some cant

There are signs posted all over the childrens area.. WARNING parents... signs in front of the park AGAIN warning parents.. and then the UNDERTAKER... telling you to leave your children at home with the sitter

but thats just me

Im just a s'character... what would i know

silly me :P

Ok what part of Halloween Haunt is "family appropriate"???? This is a time for 13 and over only please so why should Halloween Haunt be "family appropriate"?? I like things the way they are!! This year it is a lot better than last.

As for the show - did you happen to see people outside of the area telling people - and particularly parents going in there with small children - that it is not appropriate for children under 13 years of age because there is suggestive clothing and dancing?

If you want "family appropriate" please check out Nick or Treat that happens in the morning/afternoon because after 5:30 it transforms into an adult oriented haunt site. Adult in that it is not good for young or easily frightened children.

You can also turn on your television set any time and see that the dancing and wardrobe in that show is no different that things I see on "regular" TV.

Cedar Fair has not made this a secret that they are trying to beef up their Halloween Haunt and that next year it will be even bloodier, more gory, and more scary. This year is only a peek into the future at Kings Island. I for one am happy to see the changes.

Ok what part of Halloween Haunt is "family appropriate"???? This is a time for 13 and over only please so why should Halloween Haunt be "family appropriate"?? I like things the way they are!! This year it is a lot better than last.

As for the show - did you happen to see people outside of the area telling people - and particularly parents going in there with small children - that it is not appropriate for children under 13 years of age because there is suggestive clothing and dancing?

If you want "family appropriate" please check out Nick or Treat that happens in the morning/afternoon because after 5:30 it transforms into an adult oriented haunt site. Adult in that it is not good for young or easily frightened children.

You can also turn on your television set any time and see that the dancing and wardrobe in that show is no different that things I see on "regular" TV.

Cedar Fair has not made this a secret that they are trying to beef up their Halloween Haunt and that next year it will be even bloodier, more gory, and more scary. This year is only a peek into the future at Kings Island. I for one am happy to see the changes.

Not to mention that they also warn you before the show with a voice announcement that the show contains graphic images and language and the in turn give you plenty of time to leave if you so choose to opt out.

I experienced the same thing at the Dent Schoolhouse. I saw numerous parents bring 5 year olds into the house. The only thought crossing my mind was "Do those parents just care about having a good time, or do they really care about their kids?"

KI is different, being a family park throughout the year, minus HH. But the same rules apply. Do the parents just want to have fun and just drag their kids along either thinking that the actors will apply different rules for young kids, or do they really have the well-being of their kids in mind?

I guess some parents have to be taught the hard way.