Grain of Salt Removal Rumor

wickedv6

As some of you might know.. or probaly not I don't talk alot on here mostly lurk. But I'm a huge Rollercoaster Tycoon fan. On the official Forums for the game someone had a PKI recreation thread. (Pretty sure it's posted here too). Someone wrote this morning on that thread that they worked at Kings Island as a Ride Operator and that they were removing TImberwolf Amphitheatre and COngo Falls for a new coaster next year.

Now Like I said.. take it with a grain of salt cause I sure don't believe it but it's worth mentioning anyway just for kicks. I personally think they will find aempty spot aroudn the park and mroe than likely it will be some cool new Flat Ride or soemthign from Geauga Lake if anything at all.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice, but I would see them moving Congo to another area of the park before removing it. CF has a knack for keeping water rides in the same area, so people can wear water attire in one section of the park, where as at KI they would have to walk across the park.

I don't see Congo Falls leaving any time soon. So many kids love that ride, especially when they stand on the bridge and get whomped by the waves. Heck, I even know some adults who like to brave the bridge. Moving it would make sense, but I can't ever see it leaving, especially since temps in SW Ohio can reach 100+ degrees in the summer, and having those water rides helps to break the heat a bit.

While the Timberwolf isn't used much anymore I don't see it being removed because of its ability to bring in big crowds. This year they had weird al, the freedom concert, and spirit song all of which made the park pretty crowded.

Exactly. Timberwolf does bring in big crowds when it is used because it's a great deal when you compare it to typical concert locations.

It would bring in a lot more crowds if Cedar Fair would start using it more and bring in better acts than what they have had the last few years.

It would just be a waste for them to tear it down when it could make them a lot of money if utilized properly.

Also, KI has tons of room left to expand so I don't see them tearing down anything just to make room for a new ride. They don't need to do that like a lot of other parks do.

I could see it happening. They could move Congo or bring the one from GL if it is in better shape. I think it is bigger too. They could put it in the bare space where the dolphin show used to be. They just don't use TW anymore and I thought CF even said they weren't in the concert bussiness. That would open that area up a lot for a whole lot of things.

I could see it happening, Cong Falls never has a line, plus this year almost everytime i was there Cong Falls would be closed hald of the day. KI could get a ride like... well i forget the name [the chute the chutes ride at Knott's Berry Farm]. Timberwolfe does brink in money, but KI has the International Showplace and the one in Nick U.

I think Congo falls will move to the water park possibly?????

Water parks keep people wet and they dont have to walk all day long in the park wet!!

Also could 'nt the wwc lines be moved from river town to bb side of the park:

There is no way that this would happen. Shoot the Chute (however that is said) type rides are to my knowledge, never used in water parks. Same goes for those wwc type rides too.

I forget the name of the water park but it does have a Congo Falls type ride in it. If you think about it alot more people would ride it if they are already dressed to go in to the water. The line for WWC would not work going back to BB. You have to go around all the train tracks and the pinic area.

This guy was saying it was for a rollercoaster though and I just don't see that happening. Amazon/Congo Falls is a great ride. as many people have said it's perfect for cooling down and KI has room to grow that they don't use. I don't think Cedar Fair wants to take anything out that still has it's uses. IMO Timberwolf is just a hand in hand kind athing to KI. I hear Timberwolf. I think Kings Island, removing it would be like taking out the The Racer or The Beast.

I wonder if it would be possibly to squeeze Congo Falls in under that area by those power lines in BB. That brings up another question I have always had. How come the owner of Kings Island at the time agreed to sell that small area of land for use of a high voltage power line tower? It has always seemed a bad idea to me to have power lines over a water park. :wacko:

I think Congo falls will move to the water park possibly?????

Water parks keep people wet and they dont have to walk all day long in the park wet!!

Also could 'nt the wwc lines be moved from river town to bb side of the park:

There is no way that this would happen. Shoot the Chute (however that is said) type rides are to my knowledge, never used in water parks. Same goes for those wwc type rides too.

At Noahs Ark water park in Wisconsin they have a ride similar to Congo Falls in there water park called "Flash Flood"

At Noahs Ark water park in Wisconsin they have a ride similar to Congo Falls in there water park called "Flash Flood"

Dang it you beat me, also for a CF example: Monsoon at WOF/OOF is the only ride that can be ridden by guests at OOF and WOF (they alternate by boat and have gates.)

The reason for the power line and pole being where it are is because that is where Duke energy at the time the power grid was being laid out needed high voltage lines. Theoretically, they could move those lines to run along the edge of the Boomerang Bay property, but that could upset the surrounding neighbors. Not to mention the cost involved with moving those power lines.

Something else to nibble on, there's a natural spring where Congo sits. If anyone remembers Screamin' Demon (which was in Congo's spot) there was a lake under it due to the spring. It would be a bit of a pain to put a non-water ride there.