Grain of Salt Removal Rumor

wickedv6

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Gun gets scarier and scarier every time I ride it. And I don't meen thrills, I meen the chain lifts creaks, the air brakes wear, and the track rusts. TG should get refurbished over the offseason.

^ It sure needs it. I don't think, and I'm just spittballn', but I don't think air brakes were made to stop a 7 car trainload of 28 140 pound people going 45 mph.

Well, they could at least add another 1000 feet of track so when you hit the airbakes it doesn't seem like someone just punched your chest!

*Sigh* Everyone's an expert. :rolleyes:

Yea, I mean it really doesn't make sense. Who wants to walk around in wet clothes all day?

Everyone who ever rides Congo or White Water Canyon.

^ :lol:

I've been coming here since 1923! What a rookie!

(too much of an exaggeration)

I'm not really sure why everyone thinks Top Gun is such a poorly engineered ride. I'm sure Arrow purposefully made it slam in at full speed, much like a real jet would do. If the air brakes couldn't stop it, nothing can, pneumatics are one of the strongest forces around.

There is no way Congo gets relocated, relocation within a park of a ride of that scale would be obserd, especially with all of the extra land available (yes I am aware much of it is considered "unusable").

Vortex at Canada's Wonderland is basically the same ride. The track layout is the same, but Vortex at Wonderland has a very long line when I went back in 2003. of course the lift and drop structure is built off of Wonder Mountain, and they are parts of the ride that is over a lake, you also walk under the first drop. So that could be reason enough.

I enjoy Top Gun though, it just needs some TLC.

From time to time I keep on hearing about all this extra land that KI has and how the majority of it is "unusable." I just wanted to say that if they ever need the extra land then I'm sure the "unusable" land could become quite "usable." One only needs to look at Dollywood to see that especially looking at next years plan. Think about the land between Mystery Mine and Tennessee Tornado to many it would of been considered "unusable" too steep for development but yet Dollywood is planning on linking those two canyons for next year ( I cant tell you how excited I am for this as it means no more GIANT DEAD ENDS). Now I'm not really all to familiar with KI available land all I was really wanting to say is that I wouldn't be suprised if one day KI had an entirely new section of the park in a place you might of thought was impossible.

That connection is going to be great for DW, it was very annoying to be in Timber Canyon and have to walk all the way out and around to get to Tennessee Tornado. It will be much better that the park will be a compete loop like most parks are.

Ok, as the self-proclaimed unofficial voice of reason on the site, I think I can chime in:

#1 The entire reason that Congo is where it is located is because there are no water rides on that side of the park. The nearest water ride to Congo is Wild Thornberries. Imagine for a minute that you are a hot guest in the middle of Action Zone, and the only way you can cool off is by riding a water ride. If Congo was not there, you would have to trek all the way over to Rivertown in order to cool yourself off.

#2 Timberwolf brings in huge revinues when it is open. Lets look at an average concert at Timberwolf: 6000 people. Thats 6000 people that had to pay admission at $45, plus spending money on food in the park averaging what, maybe $20? Not to mention the concert tickets, which normally run about $20. Not to mention any type of merchandise they may buy. So just off of concert tickets, admission, and food, the park will get around HALF A MILLION dollars for one day. Explain to me again why you would rip it out?

Remember with these rumors, KI is a business. They want to keep their visitors happy while keeping revinue up.

Ok, as the self-proclaimed unofficial voice of reason on the site, I think I can chime in:

#1 The entire reason that Congo is where it is located is because there are no water rides on that side of the park. The nearest water ride to Congo is Wild Thornberries. Imagine for a minute that you are a hot guest in the middle of Action Zone, and the only way you can cool off is by riding a water ride. If Congo was not there, you would have to trek all the way over to Rivertown in order to cool yourself off.

#2 Timberwolf brings in huge revinues when it is open. Lets look at an average concert at Timberwolf: 6000 people. Thats 6000 people that had to pay admission at $45, plus spending money on food in the park averaging what, maybe $20? Not to mention the concert tickets, which normally run about $20. Not to mention any type of merchandise they may buy. So just off of concert tickets, admission, and food, the park will get around HALF A MILLION dollars for one day. Explain to me again why you would rip it out?

Remember with these rumors, KI is a business. They want to keep their visitors happy while keeping revinue up.

The margin made off of concerts isn't nearly what you think it is. As with any show, there are a LOT of people, companies, and equipment that go into a production which take a big chunk of the money.

The profit from shows comes from bringing unique visitors into the park. You're $20 is an understatement (per person). The per capita spending for CF parks has been over $40 all year.

The margin made off of concerts isn't nearly what you think it is. As with any show, there are a LOT of people, companies, and equipment that go into a production which take a big chunk of the money.

The profit from shows comes from bringing unique visitors into the park. You're $20 is an understatement (per person). The per capita spending for CF parks has been over $40 all year.

Tom's right. The profits from the concerts are not from the concert itself as much as the additional attendance and the greater revenue generated on a concert day. A concert will easily bump attendance up 7 or 8k guests.