MA OFFICIALLY gets [Thunderhawk]

Surprised that they are not changing the name again. I guess MA fans should be happy that they are finally getting a good steel coaster. I rode it at GL and thought it was pretty fun, non-stop. Wonder if the trains have been refurbished or if they are planning on getting new ones? The previous trains looked pretty chewed up.

That's generally not the spin you'd want to highlight in a press release...

That's something that KI had to deal with when Firehawk was moved. Ultimately KIC was given free reign to talk about Firehawk as the former X-Flight. I think the same day that the initial press release came out, they had another about the process of moving a coaster.

I dont think the general public really cares, especially for the non-enthusiasts (which is the major majority of the general public) it can be an attraction they've never experienced. My favorite thing that I heard while waiting in line for Firehawk....

Ride Op: "Enjoy your ride on Ohio's ONLY flying rollercoaster"

Random guest: "What! X flight is a flying rollercoaster! Firehawk isn't the only one!"

I dont think the general public really cares, especially for the non-enthusiasts (which is the major majority of the general public) it can be an attraction they've never experienced. My favorite thing that I heard while waiting in line for Firehawk....

Random guest: "What! X flight is a flying rollercoaster! Firehawk isn't the only one!"

Very true. While standing in line for Firehawk this season, I did hear some people comment about how they moved the ride here from Geauga. Then again, like your example, I heard people compare Firehawk to X-Flight....clueless they were in fact the same ride :-)

- Todd

Very true. While standing in line for Firehawk this season, I did hear some people comment about how they moved the ride here from Geauga. Then again, like your example, I heard people compare Firehawk to X-Flight....clueless they were in fact the same ride :-)

- Todd

:lol::lol::lol: For some reason, when non-enthusiasts talk about coasters like they know everything, it strikes me as hilarious! Just the other day I was in line for The Racer, and the people in front of me said in sutch a confident and know-it-all voice, "Yea, of course steel coasters came before wooden, because The Racer was the worlds first wooden coaster, and it was made in 1983."

:lol:

I do think it's kind of funny that they are not changing the name, the logo, or re-painting it. Usually if all 3 are done everyone thinks its a new ride, it's going to look exactly the same so there will be a lot more of the general public that knows its used. I mean GL re-painted Texas Twister last year and there were guests that thought it was a brand new ride!

index_3.jpg

Think they did that cause they knew they would be moving it? And Michigan is in such desperate need of a coaster CF figured they wouldnt have to do anything with it. Where as Dominator is prob gonna get a new name, new paint job and maybe even a little themeing? So CF never worried about painting it, but if CF did some of the work while GL was still standing it looked like they still cared?

http://www.coasterimage.com/pictures/sixfl...ialthriller.htm

http://www.coasterimage.com/pictures/geaug...hunderhawk.html

I don't kow why they changed the name and color, I know that they changed other names from the Six Flags theme, but what does "Serial Thriller" have to do with the DC Comics, or any theming? It's not 'cause they were going to move it, because they didn't plan to move any major coasters until after they decided to close the park.

- Todd

I'll do you one better.

Stood in line behind a few people who were arguing as to whether or not Firehawk was better than X-Flight. Not the type of arguments we would make [knowing that they're the same ride] but rather arguing about which has better elements, speed, etc. It was funny. I didn't have the heart to tell them.

Ryan