Predictions For 2005/2006

BoddaH1994

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holiday world isn’t even in the same class of amusement park as PKI.

[gasp]

you didnt just, no, no you didnt!

I really dont think he went there!

oh he did, he is dissing my homepark, the park i have visited since i was really small.

I have gone every year since the unveiling of Splashin Safari in 1993, and a few times before that, i went.

never once did i ride Firecracker, but i would love to ride a pinfari zyklon!

dude, look at the quality of the park, has any paramount park ever won the Applause Award?

ha ha ha, Holiday World has!!!

[/2 cents]

He may be referring to the ride selection... However, they do have some world classs coasters, mainly the Legend and the Raven. (IMO, they arent as good as The Beast, but I dont do the judging.) They dont have near the amount of rides, but it has to be the cleanest park I have ever seen. I was impressed by what they have done. It's definitely not there size that gets them recognized. They have done an incredible job over there.

Anyways, anything could happen in the next couple of years. The park loves to mix it up. I am a coaster enthusiast and would love a nice new, sweet coaster. I'd love to see a flying coaster. However, a few years ago, our park made a choice. We could have built a sweet coaster and competed for the extreme seeker, or we could have built a very sweet kid's area, them our park a bit more, and become a nice family oriented park, while maintaining a thrill. We chose the latter. That's they way we are heading. Best kid's area for 4 years says something about the direction we are heading. But, they never cease to suprise me. We havent lost the possibility of becoming an extreme park. As far as this year, IJST is going to be pretty sweet, regardless of wht type of coaster you are into. It looks amazing.

Next year, just relax. My prediction: PKI will continue to suprise.

It's funny that someone said that PKI really didn't have enough space for a hyper or giga...bullcrap. They probably have at least twice the space as Cedar Point, yet they have a giga, hyper, and strata coaster. Believe me, if one thing PKI is not lacking, it's space. It's a non-issue. Now, whether or not they want to spend the kind of money to build one, you might have a valid point there. Except, I'm not really sure how much PKI is spending on IJ:ST, so that may be a non-valid arguement as well.

I see PKI adding more family things...

I can see the nick parade coming back every season from here on out

I can see Mrs.Puff's Boating Crash Course Boating School being added to the Nick Central in place of the Nick Theater.

I can see More Dora & Blue's clues rides,merch ect.

I can see a revamp of FOF

I can see The Nick Carwash being added in Nick Central

I can see Atom Ants Airways being rethemed to Fairly Oddparents or Spongebob

I can see a Dark ride being added the park in the coming years.

I can see WinterFest returning with high attendence

I can see FearFest being shortened

I can see a New Meet & Greet area being added.

I can see more of The Fairly Oddparents

I can see more of Spongebob

I can see more of Danny Phantom

I can see more of All grown Up

I can see an Addams Family FearFest attraction...... wink.gifblink.gif

It's funny that someone said that PKI really didn't have enough space for a hyper or giga...bullcrap. They probably have at least twice the space as Cedar Point, yet they have a giga, hyper, and strata coaster. Believe me, if one thing PKI is not lacking, it's space. It's a non-issue. Now, whether or not they want to spend the kind of money to build one, you might have a valid point there. Except, I'm not really sure how much PKI is spending on IJ:ST, so that may be a non-valid arguement as well.

That's one thing I enjoy about our park. Yeah, everyone knows CP has more coasters that are taller, but, they're running out of room. Everytime I go, more and more rides and being placed on top of exisitng rides. They have a nice park, but they are limited on space. And it's not like they can gain more land, they have a large lake surrounding them on 3 sides. PKI, on the other hand still has room to grow. I like that we are putting stuff in the exisitng park rather than on our unused land, right now, because our park needed a layout that was a tad nicer. However, when the time comes, we have the land to expand.

I don't think they would demolish the rides in HB Land, I think they would just rename/retheme them to Nick characters like PKD did this year(I think). If they did demolish all of the HB Land rides for 3 new nick rides that'd be pretty dumb considering how diverse their kids area is right now and how many kids rides they have. I don't doubt that 2006 will bring us new Nick rides though. I just hope that PKI doesn't opt to kill a bunch of rides to build a couple new ones.

Ki will probably tear out the older ones like the little train track one where you power your car by turning the handles and that one where its flips you around the turns really quickly. Most will definently be re-themed to be like Nicklelodeon however i can see them tearing out Ghoster Coaster due to its downtime and capacity and putting some new type of ride in there for kids. Rides like Boulder Bumpers especially will jsut be re-themed.

Ki will probably tear out the older ones like the little train track one where you power your car by turning the handles.

Dude, what the hell. Why would PKI get rid of a ride that takes up very little if any space for something else, and pretty much needs darn near no maintenance during the season? Honestly?

I can see PKI putting in a major hotel...if it isn't already happening. Once this happens, and PKI can start to offer vacation packages like Universal, Disney and Cedar Point... I see more MAJOR coasters in the future. PKI has the land, but they can't budget like the other parks can. Maybe that will change! -Hauntguy

Ki will probably tear out the older ones like the little train track one where you power your car by turning the handles.

Dude, what the hell. Why would PKI get rid of a ride that takes up very little if any space for something else, and pretty much needs darn near no maintenance during the season? Honestly?

Chill out dude, its jsut what i thought, it WOULD make sense because for one reason, barely anyone rides it and its not opened when the parks has a low staff and if KI wanted to put a major kiddie attraction they could use the space where those rides i mentioned were, if they are going to expand nick central they are going to have to put in newr stuff to attract more guests, not as many people will come to see the same thing with a differnet name.

I don't think they would demolish the rides in HB Land, I think they would just rename/retheme them to Nick characters like PKD did this year(I think). If they did demolish all of the HB Land rides for 3 new nick rides that'd be pretty dumb considering how diverse their kids area is right now and how many kids rides they have. I don't doubt that 2006 will bring us new Nick rides though. I just hope that PKI doesn't opt to kill a bunch of rides to build a couple new ones.

good luck with that, as we've seen already, PKI enjoys taking out ride for new ones.

Paramount is just trying to Hollywood-ify their parks, including KI, to compete with, maybe, Universal. at least thats what i was thinking.

did anyone remember the online survey a while back where they asked about new ride ideas? kinda strange how they were all based off of paramount movies and nick...

Mrs.Puff's Boating school I can see PGA getting because they dont have a darkride plus they have lost some coasters over the past couple of years.I can see PKI getting Nicktoons carwash and I can see PKI getting an Addams family attraction.

-Italian Job: Stunt Track cool.gif

-return of Nick Celebration Parade laugh.gif

-Happy Days Diner smile.gif

-possibly Winterfest and shortening FearFest (i heard they may be announcing something this summer) ohmy.gif

-The new PKI hotel with indoor waterpark biggrin.gif

-new campground laugh.gif

-Mission: Impossible Stunt Show biggrin.gif

-MTV: Shockwave biggrin.gif

-another return to Nick Celebration Parade laugh.gif

-maybe a new Tomb Raider walkthrough attraction huh.gif

-Spongebob Squarepants family coaster tongue.gif

OR ohmy.gif

-Addams Family Reunion family coaster biggrin.gif

-quite possibly a new area could open up smile.gif

-some new massive coaster blink.gif

-yet another Nick Celebration Parade journey laugh.gif

That's my prediction for the next several years (obviously everything of 2005 minus Winterfest is already happening, along with the new hotel)

stupid.gif

I dont care what they add for the kids because everyone knows they love to have fun to but I really want to that addams family coaster or ride themed to the addams family the possibilitys are endless how they could theme a ride the addams.Also I can see PKI opening up a whole new section and doing more landscaping.