Predictions For 2005/2006

BoddaH1994

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(fryler87 @ Apr. 1, 2005, 11:59 PM)

OHHHHH BURN!!! SOMEONE GRAB THE GOLDBOND!!!

To be serious, nobody who is talking has any idea what the park is planning. The park probably has a vague master guide (area expansions, referberation goals, etc) for the next 15 years, but only are the detailed plans for the next four or five in place. So what we need to do is comandeer the park for a day, raid administrative offices and SWIPE all the information we can.

THIS WILL TAKE US TO SUCCESS!!!

I don't see Winterfest coming back for a while. I see a real big flat for 2006/2007. I see a full-size (100+ ft. tall 3000+ ft. long) coaster for 2007. Next big thrill coaster may not come until 2007/2008 (this may or may not include the above full-size coaster).

Only a few people know what's in store - probably Craig Ross, Don Miller and God.

...EDIT...

holy ****! 500th post!

thank you fryler. you have just made my day

You can tell by walking the midways that there are more people in CP then PKI excluding boomerang bay.

You can't compare a parks attendence in that way. First do both parks have the same square feet of path ways? Do more people stand in line for rides at one park then then the other? How much time do you spend in the childrens areas of the park? You know a little kid counts as a guest as well. How many operating days are there in each parks season?

You CAN NOT compare just on looking around and saying well it feels like there are more people here. Just an FYI CP was open 146 days last year and PKI 130. CP opens for daily operation earlier then PKI does and is open on friday evenings in September and October plus PKI rents out the park most weekends in September. Plus just what days your at a park have a huge effect on how many people there are.

You can tell by walking the midways that there are more people in CP  then PKI excluding boomerang bay.

You can't compare a parks attendence in that way. First do both parks have the same square feet of path ways? Do more people stand in line for rides at one park then then the other? How much time do you spend in the childrens areas of the park? You know a little kid counts as a guest as well. How many operating days are there in each parks season?

You CAN NOT compare just on looking around and saying well it feels like there are more people here. Just an FYI CP was open 146 days last year and PKI 130. CP opens for daily operation earlier then PKI does and is open on friday evenings in September and October plus PKI rents out the park most weekends in September. Plus just what days your at a park have a huge effect on how many people there are.

I went to cp usually tues-thursday even when it is pouring.

You can tell by walking the midways that there are more people in CP  then PKI excluding boomerang bay.

So what? I said it before and I will say it again you can not compare parks based on just looking around and saying you believe there are more people in the park.

I had forgotten one of the most important things about why can not use this as a way to tell how many people are in a park. The parks layout has a lot to do with how you feel about the crowd in a park.

I spent some time and finally found attendence figures for Soak City. It was only 405,000 guests. Which combined with the CP figures does put them at 3.6 million. Part of the problem is this would double count guests who go to both CP and Soak City in a single day so who knows how many of those guests just visited Soak City. But the most important reason why you can not count it like that is simple money they are still seperate ticketed attrations. If a guest spends half the day riding coasters and half the day at BB PKI does not get a penny extra. Where if a guest spends part of the day in CP and the rest in Soak City then Cedar Fair gets extra at some point either a higher end Season pass or a couple of dollars extra on the ticket price.

So what? I said it before and I will say it again you can not compare parks based on just looking around and saying you believe there are more people in the park.

I had forgotten one of the most important things about why can not use this as a way to tell how many people are in a park. The parks layout has a lot to do with how you feel about the crowd in a park.

I spent some time and finally found attendence figures for Soak City. It was only 405,000 guests. Which combined with the CP figures does put them at 3.6 million. Part of the problem is this would double count guests who go to both CP and Soak City in a single day so who knows how many of those guests just visited Soak City. But the most important reason why you can not count it like that is simple money they are still seperate ticketed attrations. If a guest spends half the day riding coasters and half the day at BB PKI does not get a penny extra. Where if a guest spends part of the day in CP and the rest in Soak City then Cedar Fair gets extra at some point either a higher end Season pass or a couple of dollars extra on the ticket price.

That has nothing to do with what i am saying. CP is alot larger and has larger midways than pki. More people don't go to SC because it cost so much extra. If BB was extra then the park atendance #'s would go to cp just counting amusement parks.

"CP opens for daily operation earlier then PKI does "

No, they don't. PKI opens in April and CP opens in May.

Daily operation not weekend's. PKI first full week is the 4th week of May so friday the 20th would be the first day its open for daily operation. Yes I know its open for weekends starting well this coming weekend the 9th of April (I don't count the sesson pass days since they are not open to the public). Cedar Point does not open for weekends early it just opens starting with daily operation on the 7th of May. Which is 2 weeks before PKI starts daily operation. Just trying to explain why CP is open a few more days a year then PKI was last year. Which actually the weekends balance out the 2 weeks of daily operation and most of the number of days differance comes from the fridays and weekends in September and October.

• 2 weeks later...

They are getting fitted with new "hybrid" style motor..... just running on electricity like a dark ride.

That would be the best thing for PKI to do to save some dough on gas. But I think the tiques will be back, but re-themed to another popular cartoon. -Hauntguy

• 4 weeks later...
That has nothing to do with what i am saying. CP is alot larger and has larger midways than pki. More people don't go to SC because it cost so much extra. If BB was extra then the park atendance #'s would go to cp just counting amusement parks.

What is your point? (Pun intended) If and if and if. CP is not ALOT bigger. Area wise, PKI is bigger. CP has more rides. PKI had more visitors last year despite 30 less operating days. Get over it. Whether you want to count SC and BB is irrelevant. BB is a part of PKI and SC is not a part of CP. It is the fact and no ifs and buts about it.

My favorite park is Cedar Point. That does not mean I will whine about an issue as simple as attendence figure. Who in the world cares? Get over it. I will not cry about TTD no longer being the tallest coaster. I am sure many will.

• 2 weeks later...

To keep this thread going, I was thinking when do you think PKI is going really sink some money into the park. I mean from 1999-2002 they sank some where around $75-85 million in the park. It could possibly be even a little more because I didn't factor in the Nick expansion, except for Runaway Reptar. Now I'm not sure how much BB cost but I heard the renovation was $10-15 million but it could be more. But estimating from 2003-2005 they've spent around $35-45 million. Now of course those numbers are just the best estimates I can make with what I've heard and whats listed as the expenses of rides.

But still you'd think something really big might be coming in the next one or two years with the spending seeming around half during the 2003-2005 span from what it was during 1999-2002. I think we might see something really big (not necessarily in height or speed, but something just really special) possibly in 2006 but most likely 2007. Especially because PKI's attendence has been increasing over the past couple years, So as I stated I truely know nothing but with such a gap in spending it seems as if they could be saving for something really big. What does everyone think, could I be on to something, or am I just dreaming?

Joker has a point, they could be unleashing something big within the next few years. they could pull a Universal and wow us with an amazing psychological thrill ride based off of a smash hit movie, or a series of groundbreaking new rides.

i doubt any massive coasters will be involved in this; PKI, I guess, halted big coaster building since 2000, with the Son of Beast mishap. What's weird is that the other parks have gotten a big record-breaking coaster within the past five years:

Great America-Stealth

Kings Dominion-Volcano-The Blast Coaster

Carowinds-I believe some new Star Trek indoor coaster

Canada's Wonderland-Tomb Raider coaster

if anything, 2006 will be a nick expansion, b/c already they're investing in the all-new hotel/indoor water park with Great Wolf Resorts, so 2007 ought to be big in terms of all new rides.

Ring Master, you need to get your facts straight about the coaster additions. Volcano: The Blast Coaster was added to PKD in 1998, a little more than 5 years ago. Stealth is as old as Son of Beast, and is no longer located at Great America. It is now the Star Trek coaster at Carowinds. As for the Tomb Raider coaster at Wonderland, ask most coaster enthusiasts opinions, and they will probably concur that the ride was not a smart installation at the park. However, I do believe the addition of IJST to Wonderland and PKI is a step in the right direction for the return of major coasters. Although the ride is too terribly short! I`m sure more great movie inspired rides will come from Paramount, and I`m sure roller coasters will play some role in that, it just might not be as huge as rides like Son of Beast.