What CF will probably do...

DropZone99

No offence to CF, but i could see them slowly taking out Nick U. and making Rivertown bigger. Then once Nick U. is small they'll rename it Camp Snoopy. Think about it... AZ will be like the midway that has TTD, PT, Mantis, MF, ect... Coney Maul will be like Wicked Twister Midway and Raptor Midway. Rivertown will be like Frontier Town, and Oktoberfest will be Cedar Trail. BB will be an up-charge attraction and there will be Challenge Park between BB and Nick U. Not saying it's going to happen..

No offence to CF, but i could see them slowly taking out Nick U. and making Rivertown bigger. Then once Nick U. is small they'll rename it Camp Snoopy. Think about it... AZ will be like the midway that has TTD, PT, Mantis, MF, ect... Coney Maul will be like Wicked Twister Midway and Raptor Midway. Rivertown will be like Frontier Town, and Oktoberfest will be Cedar Trail. BB will be an up-charge attraction and there will be Challenge Park between BB and Nick U. Not saying it's going to happen..

No "offence" but that's ridiculous. The acquisition of the Nick characters was probably the greatest perk of buying paramount parks. Cedar Fair is not going to take the golden ticket kids area X years running, and flush it down the drain by bringing in Snoopy. I HIGHLY doubt that they will not try as hard as possible to renew that license. Not to mention re-themeing again wouldn't exactly be the best for business, every little kid would cry wondering why he cant fly around in Blue anymore. A downgrade like peanuts would definitely hurt the park.

Being that Kings Island is not nearly as much of a vacation destination as some of the other Cedar Fair parks, there is no way they are going to charge more for Boomerang Bay. Not to mention doing so would be terrible for KI's local reputation.

Cedar Fair is NOT striving to make every park just like Cedar Point. Every park is different. I doubt that the corporate meeting consist of, "okay, now to mimic frontier town better at KI we're going to have to move TRTR, and install a Skyhawk."

The reason I love KI is because it's not Cedar Point! My suggestion would be to bring the flats, Americana and the Antique Cars to KI. I would almost suggest bringing the "ancient" Double Loop as a nice starter coaster to Rivertown. You could really dress up Coney Mall with el Dorado, Time Warp, Haybaler, and Americana. Maybe throw the cars in Rivertown too.

A "starter" coaster in Rivertown? I guess The Beast isn't much of a "starter coaster" is it? HAHA! Also, RT doesn't have much room because it's kind of blocked in by The Beast and the KIMV railroad. I don't see much expansion in RT in the near future, not of the nature your saying anyways! -Hauntguy

No "offence" but that's ridiculous. The acquisition of the Nick characters was probably the greatest perk of buying paramount parks. Cedar Fair is not going to take the golden ticket kids area X years running, and flush it down the drain by bringing in Snoopy. I HIGHLY doubt that they will not try as hard as possible to renew that license. Not to mention re-themeing again wouldn't exactly be the best for business, every little kid would cry wondering why he cant fly around in Blue anymore. A downgrade like peanuts would definitely hurt the park.

Being that Kings Island is not nearly as much of a vacation destination as some of the other Cedar Fair parks, there is no way they are going to charge more for Boomerang Bay. Not to mention doing so would be terrible for KI's local reputation.

Cedar Fair is NOT striving to make every park just like Cedar Point. Every park is different. I doubt that the corporate meeting consist of, "okay, now to mimic frontier town better at KI we're going to have to move TRTR, and install a Skyhawk."

Ah, finally a voice of reason.

Honestly I can say for sure that will not happen. Number 1 KI is a family park and CP is a thrill park. Number 2, Kinzel loves the way KI is, but said it needs some more thrills, which is very true. I wouldn't be surprised if they started running an Ohio bus charter, so more people could enjoy CP from the Cincinnati area.

I wouldn't keep Rivertown out of the picture for an expansion either.

I whole heartedly agree with the sentiment that some of Geauga Lake`s flat rides could be a nice addition to Kings Island. I could see the Americana Ferris Wheel being a nice fit for the site of the Eurobungee. Also, Antique Cars, if constructed right, could fit on the plot of land once occupied by the Salt Water Circuis (and heading over by Swan Lake).

Will it happen? Who knows. It will be interesting to see what Kings Island gets for next season.

And as far as the Nickelodeon thing goes. Cedar Fair acquired a license to use the Nickelodeon properties. At the time of the acquisition, it was stated that the Nick license was for four years. In various conference calls, they have made references to working out an extension to that license contract. But that also would involve the transfer of money from Cedar Fair to Viacom. How much is Cedar Fair willing to pay for the Nick brands? I think that they are in part, vital to the success of the children`s areas in the former Paramount Parks. It is undeniable that the entire Nick brand has more marketing power and draw than the Peanuts gang.

^ And, let's remember...Peanuts isn't free either. CF has to pay United Features Syndicate licensing for use of those characters in the parks where they're used. It's not like CF would be getting "free" characters by removing Nick and putting Peanuts in the former Paramount Parks. (Despite the number of times I've read people on this board that seem to think that's the case...statement not directed at you CoastersRZ :) )

Right. But, I`d have to assume based on popularity of Nick versus Peanuts, that Viacom will charge more for use of its characters at the Cedar Fair parks then what United Features Syndicate would charge for use of the Peanuts gang. Its simply a supply and demand thing. Nick is hot, while the peanuts are not as much the 'in' thing for small kids.

There is a nice portion of land next to the International Showplace Theatre across from the Carousel and next to Swan Lake. I could see the Americana Ferris wheel going in there. Number one, it would not block the view of the Eiffel Tower too much, number two it is not an overly loud ride with screams and what not so it wouldn't affect the show. Although, as some here have mentioned and as others have stated I still think that land is being saved back for another use.

For those of you that remember a haunt was located there I believe 3 years ago? I could be wrong, but it was some haunt themed as a cabin, and there was one room with heads hanging from the ceiling about 6 feet off the ground. It was the last year for Route 666, by far the greatest Kings Island haunt ever! The area now is home to the three Toyota cars and Alexander the Great

There is a nice portion of land next to the International Showplace Theatre across from the Carousel and next to Swan Lake. I could see the Americana Ferris wheel going in there. Number one, it would not block the view of the Eiffel Tower too much, number two it is not an overly loud ride with screams and what not so it wouldn't affect the show. Although, as some here have mentioned and as others have stated I still think that land is being saved back for another use.

For those of you that remember a haunt was located there I believe 3 years ago? I could be wrong, but it was some haunt themed as a cabin, and there was one room with heads hanging from the ceiling about 6 feet off the ground. It was the last year for Route 666, by far the greatest Kings Island haunt ever! The area now is home to the three Toyota cars and Alexander the Great

I dont know, when you put in a ferris wheel, it would stand to reason that you would want it in a location with a good view of the surroundings. That area is somewhat of a low point giving only a crappy view of IJ, a view of swan lake and the picnic grove, and the top of the international showplace. Not to mention, you would probably want a ride like a ferris wheel, closer to Coney Mall. Personally if I could decide where KI should put a ferris wheel I would put it where skylab used to be, because skylab had awesome asthetic appeal when looking down Coney Mall, especially at night. If they could build a ferris wheel there and light it up, it would really do something good for Coney Mall.

I dont know, when you put in a ferris wheel, it would stand to reason that you would want it in a location with a good view of the surroundings. That area is somewhat of a low point giving only a crappy view of IJ, a view of swan lake and the picnic grove, and the top of the international showplace. Not to mention, you would probably want a ride like a ferris wheel, closer to Coney Mall. Personally if I could decide where KI should put a ferris wheel I would put it where skylab used to be, because skylab had awesome asthetic appeal when looking down Coney Mall, especially at night. If they could build a ferris wheel there and light it up, it would really do something good for Coney Mall.

Nick, you made a great point, Im going to go ahead and completely agree with you!

-_- Try Ferris Wheel, and B&M! B&M! B&M! B&M! Ive been saying that FOR YEARS!

Would not hurt my feelings, Nickelodian has always annoyed me, and I like Snoopy, however I seriously doubt that will ever happen so long as nick is popular, certainly not until the contract ends even then I doubt it.

Absolutely Kings Island is in desperate need of some vintage flat rides. Certainly we need the Antique Cars back.

Rides I would love to see in the future:

antique cars

sky ride

flying scooters

ferris wheel

tilt a whirl

A peaceful boat ride that doesn't soak you

Sure none of that will ever happen though

Just one more thing "Bring back Skylab"

Flying scooters and antique cars are gone... get over it.

If they made a HUGE annoucement that in 2008, we are getting 5 rides:

Flying Scooters

Antique Cars

and a host of other "wonderful, nostalgic" flat relics, etc...

and that's "it"-- and we didn't somehow cash in on the CF coaster jetison from GL.... I would demand my money back from my 2007 season pass and not buy one for 2008.

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that CF is going to shrink the Nickelodeon Universe to expand Rivertown. NU and its predecessor, Hanna-Barbera Land, has drawn large numbers of families to Kings Island. The Golden Ticket awards that the park has won because of the children's area is reason enough to leave it intact.

Kings Island will NOT shrink its children's area.

HOWEVER, I cannot guarantee you that CF will keep the Nickelodeon theming. When CF acquired PP, the Nickelodeon license only came with 4 years. Nearly 2 have passed. In 2 years from now Cedar Fair will have to (1) renew the Nickelodeon license, (2) turn all former PP children's areas in Peanuts children's areas, or (3) find a new theming for the children's areas, such as PBS Sprout.

And I have NO IDEA what CF will opt to do.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that CF is going to shrink the Nickelodeon Universe to expand Rivertown. NU and its predecessor, Hanna-Barbera Land, has drawn large numbers of families to Kings Island. The Golden Ticket awards that the park has won because of the children's area is reason enough to leave it intact.

Kings Island will NOT shrink its children's area.

HOWEVER, I cannot guarantee you that CF will keep the Nickelodeon theming. When CF acquired PP, the Nickelodeon license only came with 4 years. Nearly 2 have passed. In 2 years from now Cedar Fair will have to (1) renew the Nickelodeon license, (2) turn all former PP children's areas in Peanuts children's areas, or (3) find a new theming for the children's areas, such as PBS Sprout.

And I have NO IDEA what CF will opt to do.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

I doubt they'll use PBS, ive' hardly ever heard of it.. and most kids watch Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodon. But who knows... i think it'll become snoopy themed.

Flying Scooters

Antique Cars

and that's "it"-- and we didn't somehow cash in on the CF coaster jetison from GL.... I would demand my money back from my 2007 season pass and not buy one for 2008.

Even though we already received one coaster from GL in Firehawk? I highly doubt that we would somehow get two coasters from the park - other parks in the chain would probably benefit from them moreso than KI.

wow that peaceful boat ride would be awesome!! Have no idea where they could add something like that but sure sounds like a great idea lol.

As for the kiddie park area - I seriously doubt anything major to the theme will happen. Look at the cost involved in this?? Changing rides, colors, feel? Not likely happening - cheaper to renew the license or look around for more popular shows like Hanna Montana lol. Hey she sold out in 9 minutes!!! My younger granddaughters watch those shows religiously - Disney channel is a big thing these days. When those girls visit that is all they watch is disney channel. OOps forgot another park has that francise lol. Hmmm wondering if Cedar Fair might look into their own francise in the future - their own charactors?? Honestly I would love to see that.

Flying Scooters

Antique Cars

Even though we already received one coaster from GL in Firehawk? I highly doubt that we would somehow get two coasters from the park - other parks in the chain would probably benefit from them moreso than KI.

I would like to see double loop at KI, maybe in place of Vortex before it sinks too far to be safe.

It may not excite a lot of thrill seekers to get a few classic vintage rides back like the antique cars and the scooters but it certainly can increase the amount of middle aged people (parents and grandparents) going to the park. There just isn't much for them to do. They basically have rides for little kids and rides for thrill seekers. I know when I go to Cedar Point my parents who are in their 60's love to go because they can ride the antique cars, the calypso, the paddleboat excursion, the sky ride, the ferris wheel and others, they never come with us to Kings Island because there is very little they can ride. I think their could be a significant increase in older guest coming to the park with the addition of a couple of vintage mild adult rides.

And personally I like to have a good mixture, I love the wild coasters but then I like to take a break and ride a nice mild ride and relax, but they are getting less and less all the time at Kings Island. There is nothing like being at Cedar Point and riding the Raptor, the force and the mangnum then relaxing with a nice ride on the sky ride.