What CF will probably do...

DropZone99

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that CF is going to shrink the Nickelodeon Universe to expand Rivertown. NU and its predecessor, Hanna-Barbera Land, has drawn large numbers of families to Kings Island. The Golden Ticket awards that the park has won because of the children's area is reason enough to leave it intact.

Kings Island will NOT shrink its children's area.

HOWEVER, I cannot guarantee you that CF will keep the Nickelodeon theming. When CF acquired PP, the Nickelodeon license only came with 4 years. Nearly 2 have passed. In 2 years from now Cedar Fair will have to (1) renew the Nickelodeon license, (2) turn all former PP children's areas in Peanuts children's areas, or (3) find a new theming for the children's areas, such as PBS Sprout.

And I have NO IDEA what CF will opt to do.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

I think that the Nickelodeon license will be renewed because it makes sense from a business standpoint. Unlike older movies like Top Gun, The Italian Job, et al., Nick is on ongoing business for Paramount that is competing with other networks for viewers and ratings. Having its name on the area provides not only income from the licensing agreement without the expense associated with running a theme park, but also advertising for its television programs and the merchandise (dvd's, lunch boxes, book bags, etc. not just the stuff sold at the parks), that goes along with viewership. In essence CF is paying Paramount to advertise Paramount's products, and IMO it would be unwise for Paramount to discontinue this relationship.

No offence to CF, but i could see them slowly taking out Nick U. and making Rivertown bigger. Then once Nick U. is small they'll rename it Camp Snoopy. Think about it... AZ will be like the midway that has TTD, PT, Mantis, MF, ect... Coney Maul will be like Wicked Twister Midway and Raptor Midway. Rivertown will be like Frontier Town, and Oktoberfest will be Cedar Trail. BB will be an up-charge attraction and there will be Challenge Park between BB and Nick U. Not saying it's going to happen..

I know for a fact next year is the final year for Nick U. so they better make up their minds on new ride names. i hope they rename foc beastie again.

^July of '06? Show me the link and quote for that one.

I know for a fact next year is the final year for Nick U. so they better make up their minds on new ride names. i hope they rename foc beastie again.

I really can't wait to hear how this can be confirmed.

CABANA LADY STRIKES AGAIN!

^ I said that as in I was actualy TALKING to him in real life! We were talking one hot day, and I had finished riding the SOB. I said that I wished something would go in SOB's place. (This was only days before the imfamous accident!), and he said, "Well, of course, you know about X-Flight." And I said, "What about it?". He said, "Well, it's being moved here.". I broke out laughing. Than in November rumors started popping up. I still didn't belive it. UNTIL I drove to Cleveland in late January, and I saw huge trucks going south, with big green track. When I came back a week later, it was sitting in KI's parking lot! And I hered it first from the Dipn' Dots man!

We were talking one hot day, and I had finished riding the SOB.

That would explain it.

Hot day + riding SoB= delusions

I really doubt that CF had any intentions of bringing FH to KI less than two weeks of taking possession of the park.

Now add to that: CF is notorious for not releasing their "plans" for new rides. Now a ride, coaster no less, leaving one park and going to another? That is even bigger news than a new coaster being installed. Top that with a regular park employee knowing the information?

Sorry man, I don't buy it.

^ I have just noticed:

Most parks have already released there plans. MA gets Thunderhawk. KD gets Dominator. I could go on. But what about KI? No press releases. Will something big get revealed in November? February?

Plus, after some Dipn' Dots I got my head strait! At that point I assume he was just randomly piking a coaster and telling me it was coming here. He turned out to be right!