Fright Feast Buffet Meal

BoddaH1994

The Rakes-Helbig Funeral Parlor Welcomes You. Come "pay your respects" at this one-of-a-kind buffet meal in the International Restaurant. This dinner experience begins at 5:00pm every Friday and Saturday night during the all-new Halloween Haunt. Dine on an all-you-can-eat menu of Southern Fried Chicken, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Brownies and Soft Drinks. After dinner (approximately 6:45pm), we'll take you directly to your final destination - the new CLUB BLOOD haunted attraction - before the park opens to the public! WARNING: This event is too intense for young children. Hurry, there are a limited number of seats each night.

FRIGHT FEAST MEAL PRICE - $14.95 PER PERSON!

• Good for the following Friday or Saturday Nights: October 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27.
  • Ticket is NOT good for admission to Halloween Haunt -- Admission Sold Seperately
Click here to order your meal tickets!

You are, of course, assuming that no complaints will be filed against the park and that it has made reasonable accommodations for the disabled. Perhaps it has. Perhaps it has not. In today's society, you can find out you are not in compliance with the ADA after a complaint is filed and a judge informs you you are not.

It is a common misconception that there is something called "grandfathering" under the ADA. http://www.mcil.org/mcil/log/2004/102704sa.asp

The ADA states, in no uncertain terms, that architectural barriers to usability by people with disabilities are inherently discriminatory; that is they segregate people on the basis of a class distinction rather than eligibility or merit. The ADA makes the existence of architectural barriers unlawful discrimination. Existing properties, as well as new construction and renovation projects are equally covered. The “Grandfather” clause in building codes is dead. Owners and operators of Public Accommodations are under an immediate, permanent obligation to remove architectural barriers. This is one of the major distinctions between the ADA and building codes [Ellerbe Becket White Paper, 2004] http://www.ellerbebecket.com/uploads/civil_rights.html.

In recent times, if a venue has long been closed to the public, it usually must be brought into compliance before being reopened. Among factors looked at in whether something is reasonable: how public is the access? what cost would be incurred to make accommodations? how much money is available to the facility owner? what provisions have already been made to provide universal access?

Note that IR has been open for other events in recent years, including Nights of Fire and semi-public events like group meetings.

Several more on-topic observations:

* Notice the name of the funeral parlor? Hopefully, this time Cedar Fair will be serving food to die for.

* Front of the line access to Club Blood is worth the price alone! :)

* Including that for this price is one sure way to raise per caps. A very smart move.

* The Fright Feast name is a nice play on words.

* That all being said, MUST amusement park food almost literally be food to die for? Southern Fried Chicken, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Brownies and Soft Drinks Not anything there most cardiologists would want their patients eating, nor for vegetarians. Sigh. Apparently, one still must hunt for relatively healthy food at Kings Island, even during Halloween Haunt. I fear many will find their feast in their car, or on the way to or from the park.

It is a common misconception that there is something called "grandfathering" under the ADA. http://www.mcil.org/mcil/log/2004/102704sa.asp

The ADA states, in no uncertain terms, that architectural barriers to usability by people with disabilities are inherently discriminatory; that is they segregate people on the basis of a class distinction rather than eligibility or merit. The ADA makes the existence of architectural barriers unlawful discrimination. Existing properties, as well as new construction and renovation projects are equally covered. The “Grandfather” clause in building codes is dead. Owners and operators of Public Accommodations are under an immediate, permanent obligation to remove architectural barriers. This is one of the major distinctions between the ADA and building codes [Ellerbe Becket White Paper, 2004] http://www.ellerbebecket.com/uploads/civil_rights.html.

In recent times, if a venue has long been closed to the public, it usually must be brought into compliance before being reopened. Among factors looked at in whether something is reasonable: how public is the access? what cost would be incurred to make accommodations? how much money is available to the facility owner? what provisions have already been made to provide universal access?

Note that IR has been open for other events in recent years, including Nights of Fire and semi-public events like group meetings.

Kinda scary that it's reached such a point that the government imposes such arbitrary rules.

Sad to think how such decisions would affect historical sites and buildings throughout the country.

Woofer, you should probably know all of the facts about the restaurant before throwing a fit.

There is in fact an elevator in the backstage area that goes up to the IR. I am sure the park is willing to accomodate people to walk them around the corner so they can get up to the elevator.

I do see them adding an elevator and reopening the restaurant next year, way too profitable to leave closed.

Woofer, you should probably know all of the facts about the restaurant before throwing a fit.

There is in fact an elevator in the backstage area that goes up to the IR. I am sure the park is willing to accomodate people to walk them around the corner so they can get up to the elevator.

I do see them adding an elevator and reopening the restaurant next year, way too profitable to leave closed.

Not only am I aware of the service elevator but I've been in it many times.

Seeing as how last year they transformed Wings Diner into a buffet for FearFest and now, this year, Wings is now officially a Buffet-type restaurant, I wouldn't doubt the possibility of renovating and reopening IR next year to the public.

Kinda scary that it's reached such a point that the government imposes such arbitrary rules.

Sad to think how such decisions would affect historical sites and buildings throughout the country.

Yeah man, the federal government is really becoming a facist state, trying to help out those with disabilities....the nerve they have.

Yeah man, the federal government is really becoming a facist state, trying to help out those with disabilities....the nerve they have.

Makes me think of the many historic sites throughout the country.

Take a look at the Inns and buildings in Williamsburg, VA.

Now under what was posted by Interp, there is no grandfathering of such structures.

So what? We're supposed to close a building that has been in operation for 200 some years because it's no "accessable" to all people?

I can understand making and abiding by rules for buildings that were built after a rule came into existance. To expect retroactive compliance at the detrement of others seems just a little far fetching.

Don't ya think?

Wow...I didn't realize that the International Restaurant was in line to being designated an historic landmark :lol:

I was in Philadelphia a few months back and did the whole Independence Hall thing. I noticed on the tour when we were on the second floor of one of the buildings that there were a few fellow tour-takers who were in wheelchairs. Obviously, the building wasn't built with an elevator (being built in the 1700s and all), and I never saw one. But, obviously the park service somehow had made the reasonable accomodation to serve all visitors...

Here's the full press release.. about the meal, not the wheel chairs...

All-New Halloween Haunt at Kings Island Offers

One-Of-A-Kind Fright Feast Dinner Experience

All-you-can-eat buffet meal begins at 5pm every Friday and Saturday night

Kings Island, Ohio – The Rakes-Helbig Funeral Parlor at the all-new Halloween Haunt at Kings Island welcomes you. Come “pay your respects” at this one-of-a-kind buffet meal in the park’s International Restaurant.

The Fright Feast dinner experience begins at 5pm every Friday and Saturday night during Halloween Haunt. Dine on an all-you-can-eat menu of Fried Witch Hen (Southern Fried Chicken), Ham BOO-gers (Hamburgers), Bloody Dogs (Hotdogs), Baked Beetles (Baked Beans), Pota TOE Salad (Potato Salad), Brow Knees (Brownies) and assorted potions (Soft Drinks). The Embalming Room (Cash Bar) offers potions that are on the slightly stronger side.

After dinner at approximately 6:45pm, guests will be taken directly to their final destination – the all-new Club Blood haunted attraction before the park opens to the public! Warning: This event is too intense for young children. Hurry! There are a limited number of seats in the Rakes-Helbig Funeral Parlor each night.

The Fright Feast meal is $14.95 per person! Good for the following Friday or Saturday nights: October 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27. Valid for entrance into the Fright Feast meal only. A valid 2007 season pass or pre-purchased admission ticket required for entry into the park.

Fright Feast meal tickets can be purchased online at www.PKI.com.

Ghoulishly great online deals are available at www.pki.com/haunt. Friday night Halloween Haunt admission is just $19.95 when purchased online (good for the following Friday nights: October 5, 12, 19, 26 plus Bare Bones Nights: October 28, 29, 30 and 31. Saturday admission is only $24.95 when purchased online (good for the following Saturdays: October 6, 13, 20, 27 and includes all day admission to the park and Halloween Haunt).

Makes me think of the many historic sites throughout the country.

Take a look at the Inns and buildings in Williamsburg, VA.

Now under what was posted by Interp, there is no grandfathering of such structures.

So what? We're supposed to close a building that has been in operation for 200 some years because it's no "accessable" to all people?

I can understand making and abiding by rules for buildings that were built after a rule came into existance. To expect retroactive compliance at the detrement of others seems just a little far fetching.

Don't ya think?

No where in what interp posted or said does it say those historical land marks have to be closed.

No where in what interp posted or said does it say those historical land marks have to be closed.

It says that there is no "Grandfathering" of buildings.

No grandfathering to me is no grandfathering.

ie - They need to close the second floor to the Golden Lamb Inn as it does not accomodate to ADA. Further, all of these plantations, throughout Virginian, Tennessee, Georgia, North and South Carolina should be closed as there are usually tall stairways that do not accomodate to ADA.

There is no grandfathering after all.

Actually, I believe there is grandfathering...unless it was done away with in the last 6-7 years. Case in point. The Junior College I attended never had elevator acess for many years, even after the ADA. The building is historical. It was only in the last five years that they made minor changes to accomodate. I know the head of the school and it was not done because of the ADA...it was done because the school wanted this change...there was no being forced by the government.

It says that there is no "Grandfathering" of buildings.

No grandfathering to me is no grandfathering.

ie - They need to close the second floor to the Golden Lamb Inn as it does not accomodate to ADA. Further, all of these plantations, throughout Virginian, Tennessee, Georgia, North and South Carolina should be closed as there are usually tall stairways that do not accomodate to ADA.

There is no grandfathering after all.

Once again, nowhere did it say it had to be closed. Try reading the topic again. Just becuase there is no grandfathering does not mean a building is forced to close. Like interpreter said earlier, usually the only time a building is forced to be brought up to the proper accomidations is when a complain is filed and a judge orders it to be brought up to code. My high school never had an elevator but as soon as there was a complaint one was built. Your junior college may have brought themselves up to code in order to appeal to more prospective students however, if a handicapped person had complained or not been permitted the full oppourtunity of that college due to limited access of the building, all it would talk is a complain and a judges order to have it be brought up to code. There is no grandfathering. My uncle is a alwyer, he is also disabled and does work in regards to ADA disputes at his company.

Once again, nowhere did it say it had to be closed. Try reading the topic again. Just becuase there is no grandfathering does not mean a building is forced to close. Like interpreter said earlier, usually the only time a building is forced to be brought up to the proper accomidations is when a complain is filed and a judge orders it to be brought up to code. My high school never had an elevator but as soon as there was a complaint one was built. Your junior college may have brought themselves up to code in order to appeal to more prospective students however, if a handicapped person had complained or not been permitted the full oppourtunity of that college due to limited access of the building, all it would talk is a complain and a judges order to have it be brought up to code. There is no grandfathering. My uncle is a alwyer, he is also disabled and does work in regards to ADA disputes at his company.

Ahhhh, only when there is a complain filed.

That makes it so much better.

Tell Me if the following changes your mind:

Candy Store Owner Takes A Licking