Are the Smurfs responsible for the removal of the enchanted voyage?

raptor

As I was thinking about the old ride this thought occurred to me. Did they take out the enchanted voyage because the Smurf's went out of style, if so would the ride still be there today if the original theming had been left in tact?

As I was thinking about the old ride this thought occurred to me. Did they take out the enchanted voyage because the Smurf's went out of style, if so would the ride still be there today if the original theming had been left in tact?

The smurfs weren't the original theme of the Enchanted Voyage.

The smurf`s were given their eviction papers for the very same reason that the original Enchanted Voyage crew had to vacate the premises. They lost their appeal to the crowds visiting the park, particularly the younger set of guests. This is the same reason why Hanna Barbera Land vacated the property and became Nickelodeon Universe. Ultimately, Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle will likely meet the same fate as the Smurf`s and Enchanted Voyage characters.

The smurf`s were given their eviction papers for the very same reason that the original Enchanted Voyage crew had to vacate the premises. They lost their appeal to the crowds visiting the park, particularly the younger set of guests. This is the same reason why Hanna Barbera Land vacated the property and became Nickelodeon Universe. Ultimately, Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle will likely meet the same fate as the Smurf`s and Enchanted Voyage characters.

Seriously. How often do you hear people raving about how much they love the banana splits, lol. The enchanted voyage left because smurfs were more popular at the time. The Smurfs left because the park wanted to remove the water powered boat ride and replace it with a haunted theater. Phantom Theater left because scooby doo was more popular. Eventually scooby doo will be replaced by...

• 3 months later...

Nothing? Scooby Doo has been popular since 1969 heck with more merch and new movies coming(live action pup named scooby-doo aka Scooby doo 3 is coming out this oct!!!) I dont think scooby will lose his appeal to kids and adults like myself while CF may replace that attraction(which I dunno why they would its always packed when I visit the park) I see scooby being around for many years to come.

Also The Smurfs are coming back The new paramount smurf flick is coming Nov 28 th 2008!

Seriously. How often do you hear people raving about how much they love the banana splits, lol. The enchanted voyage left because smurfs were more popular at the time. The Smurfs left because the park wanted to remove the water powered boat ride and replace it with a haunted theater. Phantom Theater left because scooby doo was more popular. Eventually scooby doo will be replaced by...

Errrr.....

Wrong on all accounts.

Enchanted Voyage left because Smurfs was a change to keep the ride fresh and new. Nothing to do with lack of popularity or lack in ridership.

The Smurfs left for the same reason and that the motorized transportation fit the theme better.

I'm not certain where the entire theory about Scooby being popular, but that's past my period of inside knowledge with the park.

But yes, you are right in that Scooby will eventually be replaced.

Makes you wonder how Disney is able to keep crowds coming into their "classic" attractions.

I think more kids are starting to grow more attached to a certain Ms. Montanna than to a certain Mr. Mouse....

Either that, or they'd rather watch a musical involving high school students instead of a musical involving household furnishings, undersea creatures, and/or magical lamps and flying carpets....

Makes you wonder how Disney is able to keep crowds coming into their "classic" attractions.

I think more kids are starting to grow more attached to a certain Ms. Montanna than to a certain Mr. Mouse....

Either that, or they'd rather watch a musical involving high school students instead of a musical involving household furnishings, undersea creatures, and/or magical lamps and flying carpets....

Someone needs to contact Disney.

They need to close Broadway runs of Mary Poppins, The Lion King and Little Mermaid.

And for that matter, they will need to strip Mouse Ears off everything that the company does.

Woosh... Glad we saved the company from making all those millions.

First of all Ms Montana and the High School Musical are products of Disney and second judging from my own 7 year old daughter Disney has nothing to worry about. My daughter and her friend still like the old classics and also like the newer musical entertainment that Disney has tapped into. My wallet has been pulled out to spend on those products at the request of my daughter many times and I would haftto say they got her young and continue to keep her interest with more mature offerings.

I have 2 year niece and I was watching her for the day so I took her to the mall at fairfield commons in beavercreek, ohio we went into the disney store so her brother (my nephew) could buy himself some cars toys & a lion king simba t-shirt,Stitch t-shirt as well now while we were in that store I had to pay up 24 dollars because she HAD to have a little mermaid doll and minnie mouse plushie ...I think disney is doing okay moneywise.Ahhh kids they keep you on your toes! :lol:

my dad always talks about banana splits. and i hope the haunted castle leaves soon just because whenever i rode it last year the ride would shut down mid-corse and a seiren would sound.

• 4 weeks later...

The Enchanted Voyage should never have been taken out. Just as it was rethemed for the Smurfs, It could have been rethemed for Nick or something else. Then again I don't think H-B should have been taken out. They were with KI for 35 years, WHY take them out? They could have just combined H-B with Nick. H-B to KI is like Disney to Disney. Well Disney is alot bigger, but the same concept. How is Cedar Fairs gonna make such a BIG mistake and take out what KI was? :angry:

The Enchanted Voyage should never have been taken out. Just as it was rethemed for the Smurfs, It could have been rethemed for Nick or something else. Then again I don't think H-B should have been taken out. They were with KI for 35 years, WHY take them out? They could have just combined H-B with Nick. H-B to KI is like Disney to Disney. Well Disney is alot bigger, but the same concept. How is Cedar Fairs gonna make such a BIG mistake and take out what KI was? :angry:

First of all, the company you speak of might respect your opinion more if you at least knew their name (this is the second time you have called them that...the first I was willing to assume was a typo...).

HINT: They are not in the fair business and the company's name is NOT Cedar.

First of all, the company you speak of might respect your opinion more if you at least knew their name (this is the second time you have called them that...the first I was willing to assume was a typo...).

HINT: They are not in the fair business and the company's name is NOT Cedar.

Paramount, Cedar, whoever they are, came in and just wanted to change 35 years of what KI was. Like KI wasn't awesome the way it was. I understand change happens, but come on, not that much. H-B should NEVER of been taken out. Thats what KI always was. By ADDING Nick and having BOTH would have just been More entertaining. Do you ever think the mouse or the duck will ever be taken away from Disney? SAME CONCEPT! :angry: