New Beast and SOB Trains in '08?

FOFirehawkFAN

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" rumors.

Adding a 3rd train on SoB isn't going to help capacity since hardly anyone rides it anyway on a consistant basis. The cost associated with retrofitting another train for SoB's track does not justify the means.

And new trains for Beast? Why? The trains they have are good enough. Not to mention I find it rather difficult to believe that the park would be willing to reduce capacity by 8 people/ train. Especially since there is no reason to change anything.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think a third train would help a lot on Son of Beast. As browntggrr said not many people ride it on a consistant basis and the cost would be high to retrofit it but what about the days this year especially in July and August after it opened back up and the line was over an hour long and in between the dispatched train and the train coming into the station was over two minutes long like Delirium33 said. What if there was a third train at that point it wouldve helped get the line moving a lot faster right?

Plus who said that three trains would have to run on a consistant basis you could always put one on the storage track on a day where there are barely any guests in the park.

I think there needs to be a third train so on the days where the park is really crowded it can keep the line moving and keep the guests happy because they wouldnt have to wait an hour but maybe reduce it to 30-45 minutes.

I think a third train would help a lot on Son of Beast. As browntggrr said not many people ride it on a consistant basis and the cost would be high to retrofit it but what about the days this year especially in July and August after it opened back up and the line was over an hour long and in between the dispatched train and the train coming into the station was over two minutes long like Delirium33 said. What if there was a third train at that point it wouldve helped get the line moving a lot faster right?

Plus who said that three trains would have to run on a consistant basis you could always put one on the storage track on a day where there are barely any guests in the park.

I think there needs to be a third train so on the days where the park is really crowded it can keep the line moving and keep the guests happy because they wouldnt have to wait an hour but maybe reduce it to 30-45 minutes.

I couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

While SoB was originally intended to operate with three trains, last minute design changes switched the placement of the load/ unload station. When this was changed, a block was thus lost and the ride has been unable to operate with 3 trains.

That doesn't mean that it can't be modified. How about that U turn right before the station? Couldn't that me modified to be a block?

Why is waiting an hour or an hour and a half bad? If all that SOB gets is a 1-1/12 hour wait, you really can't do much better than that.

And, they will not re-build yet another part of SOB just to put a block brake in for a third train, whomever suggested that idea.

Besides that, I believe Coach Bombay when he says that there are no new trains on any wood coaster at KI being tested.

By killing the ride, I was thinking that stopping on the MCB, and possibly waiting for 5 minutes, would take out a lot of excitement for the rest of the ride.

And it wouldn't require any re-building of the ride at all. Just a re-work in electrical system.

Raging Wolf Bobs had a train identical, or nearly, to those that are on SOB. If that is in fact at KI, (I have yet to see any pictures), it could be used for one of two things. Parts, or a spare train. Only time will tell.

According to a lot of speculation on the GLToday forums Kings Island already has all three Villain trains and the former Legend train on site. And that the Villain trains are for Beast and the Legend train will be to give SOB a third. Does anyone think this is true/false or can anyone confirm/deny this?

the legend train is the one that feel apart :) its the 3 villain trains.

...or it could even be at the park to be refurbished, before being sent on to its ultimate destination.

--The Interpreter, not saying that is the case but somewhat surprised that that thought has not occurred to someone who posted it before now. . .

Very good point, never thought of that.

But, the thing is, SOB does not need to run a third train. The line is not that long and it wouldn't really increase capacity at all.

How do you know it wouldn't increase capacity? First of all, there has been days this year with only one train, the addition of this possibly new train would mean it has three trains, in case the one fails. Second, that statistic was taken with longer trains, which would mean longer load/unload times. With shorter trains, in theory, the load times are shorter, so it is more likely that at times, SOB will sit without any train in the station, for however long that may be.

SOB Doesn't need to improve it's hourly capacity. It's practicly a walk on most of the time. I don't see why any of the trains could be used. So why do we need them?

The only time i have seen SoB walk on when i have been at the park this year is either early in the morning or on Sundays. I dont see how anybody couldnt agree that when the line is really long during the day especially on a very hot day during the summer that a third train would be very reliable. There are 3 reasons i would like to point out why it would be great to have a third train and Hendrick has said a couple of these already

1. When the employees run the ride right and dispatch at a constant basis there is a good amount of time in between the dispatched train and the next train to come in and unload/load again. Now wouldnt a third train decrease this time?

2. People love the ride but absolutely HATE the hot weather but know they would have to wait in line no matter what. When the line is down the second ramp it is an hour wait. Now put a third train in there, the line would move faster, the capacity is better, and you have a lot more happy guests.

3. Everybody says that Firehawk needs a third train because it would speed up the line. Now how is Son of Beasts line any different from this? Both lines usually over 45 minutes long so why does everybody say Firehawk needs a third train but SoB doesnt. Between when a train for Firehawk is brought into the station and when it is dispatched is usually about every 5 minutes or so but the ride is only about 2 minutes 30 seconds long while on Son of Beast between when the train comes into the station and when the same train is dispatched is about 2-3 minutes and the ride is over 3 minutes long so how can somebody not say a third train would help with Son of Beast