KI Man's Guide to Halloween Haunt

Ki Man

lHey everyone!

I am happy to say that I have experienced everything KI's HH has to offer. Here's my take on it along with some FAQ, videos, and pictures!

Overall:

Way better than last year. Theming is everywhere! Scarezones are beefed up, and mazes have more monsters.

When to go?

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Why? 15-20 minute or shorter lines for the attractions, and little to no line for the rides. Saturday - lines for everything are PACKED.

Is Club Blood really rated "R"?

I my opinion, no. It should be rated MA for more mature audiences (16 and up) because of the risque talk, women in revealing outfits, and blood, blood, blood! It's everywhere! The walls, all over the actors, and sometimes, almost on YOU! There were park managers and staff at the entrance to this and if they saw a group of 10 year olds without a parent, they would not let them enter. (Which was the case for a croup of little kids infront of us) This is NOT for the squemish.

What is the scariest attraction?

As far as mazes/houses, deffinately Massacre Manor. I go to these thing to be scared, and usually, I don't. THIS scared me about 10 times. I was really nervous about halfway through.

As far as fearzones, deffinately CornSTALKERS. They freakin' seperate you from your group, surround you, follow you, and jump out of no where! It was an A+.

What rides/coasters are open?

Almost everything except:

Top Gun closes at 6

Tomb Raider still down

Zepher

Carosel

Scrambler

NOTE: Nick U closes at 6 on Saturdays and is closed on Friday.

The Atmoshere:

Fog, fog, fog, fog, fog. It's everywhere. You can't avoid it.

Action Zone: is now turned into an alien themed scare zone called Waste Land. There are sliders, biohazard scientists, aliens, scare actors, and animatronics.

Coney Mall: It's a circus theme. There are sliders roaming all over, and there are props from the Haunted Mansion in the patches of grass. Also, there are little 'stalls' serving body parts. Oh, and there are a few new food stops all over serving chicken legs and stuff.

Rivertown: Bloody bodies, hanging heads, sliders, and scareactors.

International Street: Right when you walk in, you are greeted by many monsters. If you walk out infront of the fountains you will see a big skull leaking fog. There is some really cool guy talking on a mic. with a REALLY freaky-cool voice.

The FearZones:

Note: You will need to wait in line for these, unlike last year.

The Cemetary:

It's where the Paramount Story was. I thought this was boring. It was just a bunch of monsters walking around. 4/10

The Worksite:

I was impressed with the fearzone, but not with the scaring. There were smashed cars, heavy machinery, and many monsters. Some of them, I didn't think belonged in there, or fit with the 'worksite' theme. But you gotta love the chainsaw guy at the end. 7/10

CornSTALKERS:

This was AWESOME. It had the perfect music: Slow, creepy feeling with a crow calling out from time to time. You can hear it in the video. The scareactors were all over, and you couldn't tell who was real and who wasn't. And the best part is, their costumes blend into the scenery (you are walking along a strait path, but you can't see out of it; lining the walls are corn, hay, and crates) There was one crawling on the ground, some standing still against the corn, and some hiding behind the crates. Now, you are let in at about 8 people at a time, and I was first. Within 20 seconds, all of us were split up. I stopped for a second or two and turned to see the rest of my group stopped by two scarecrows. I turn around, and one is staring right at me. (Kinda dark to see in the video) So I have to keep walking. I step around one thing crawling towards me on the ground and look up. Two scarecrows on each side only move their heads to watch me walk, then jump down infront of me and go "HEY!" (End of the video) From there on, my friend finally caught up to me and said she was lost aswell, and finally we made it out. VERY, very creepy. It's a simple walk, but the scare actors are so hard to see with the dim blue and green lights coupled with the fog. A+ 10/10

The Mazes:

Club Blood:

As I stated before, this is very gross: Blood, blood blood. It's all over everything. Sexy vampire chicks are pole dancing, wandering around, having babies, feasting on bodies, and on motorcycles (I won't say anymore ;) ). You start off walking down an ally and end up at the entrance to the club. You walk past the DJ and into some back rooms. The bathroom (where there is a toilet covered in blood and sh*t with some poor guy in what looks like a diaper/boxers. He dances around. Then, you go into what I thought was a different level of the club, through some mirrors until you reach the basement. (Having to pass through hanging dead bodies first...) And there are strips of hanging plastic covered in blood that you need to part in order to get through. Eventually, you get to a hospital scene where a chick is having a baby...and it's the most disgusting thing I've seen. And then you exit after vampires begging you to stay and play.

Scary? Not really....

Disgusting? YES!

6.5/10

Massacre Manor:

This is a haunted house about a girl who was murdered and comes back to haunt and kill all those who enter. You start out walking through some random rooms with multiple scaractors. You can tell how the house gets darker and darker by the picture of the girl on the wall....same picture, but she goes from happy to freakin' ****ed off! You wander through a closet with bloody clothes, down a hallway with closed doors; bedrooms with open closets (beware!); into the kitchen, the dining hall; and through her room. Then, it gets even worse. You enter a pitch black room with hair hanging from the ceiling that leads down to the basement. There, some guy is getting buzz sawed in half and some high school guy is getting the chair. After that, you are chased out and back to the midway.

Scary? YES! There are scaractors in the BEST places. You never expect anyone to pop out, but they do!

Disgusting? Yeah, some really grisly scenes in there.

10/10

Death Row:

This is truly a maze. It's a walk through a haunted prison with dead inmates. Fog, strobe lights, mirrors, and that pesky bass beat make this maze very nerve racking. If you aren't watching where you are going, you WILL run into a mirror. There are lurking scaractors behind fences and every plastic/cloth thing you have to part.

Scary? Yeah, there are some pretty scary parts.

Disgusting? The actors put on their own make up. And that's bad.

7.5/10

Trail of TERROR:

After a 5 minute walk along a road behind FoF and Firehawk, you reach the entrance. Some dead redneck asks if you are here for the feast and wedding. You walk down a path that makes you feel like you are in a cornfield. As you come out of that, you stop. There is a scaractor standing next to a pipe. He says, "Fun tunnel." In a low, dark voice. So you are forced to crawl through this damp tunnel, wondering what will happen. And nothing does. You crawl out and start walking up the famed spewing portal potty. Yup, it squirts water out at you! Then the group heads up to the grisly second half of the trail. You pass through severed heads, body parts, and whole bodies. Eventually, you exit the trail with a few chainsaw weilding maniacs. Yup, they scream and run around swinging their chainsaws over their heads until little girls cry.

Scary? At times, but for the most part no.

Disgusting? Do you like walking through hanging bodies?

7/10 It had potential, but it didn't deliver.

Tombstone TerrorTORY:

So you wait in a line to get on the KI Train. (15 minutes at the least)

Then you wait for everyone to find a seat. (5 minutes)

You ride back and listen to a stupid story about a guy killing people because the waitress asked to refill his Scotch.

You exit the train and walk to wait in line. (10 minutes)

So after about 20-30 minutes of waiting and walking, you start the trail.

You pass about 4-5 people at the bar where the guy shot everyone. Then you get onto the WWC trail where there is a HEAVILY fogged tunnel full of nothing. This slows everyone down, so there is a constant line going through, no more groups. You pass some people laying on the ground....either really dead or sleeping. And you walk pass some crates and eventually pass through another tunnel full of hanging heads.

Finally, you walk back into Rivertown with a big :?r <--- on your face. You just wasted about 45 minutes of your time at Halloween Haunt.

Scary? NO! It's a constant line that walks slowly, passing dead bodies.

Disgusting? Kinda, a shed full of heads at the end.

LAME! 0/10

Can-Evil:

This is the 3-D clown maze! Not as good as previous years in the Festhaus, but it was more fun than scary. It was very cool going through each room with optical illusions, giant clowns, and scary clowns. You pass by doors with names of famous killers/scarers.

Scary? If you are afraid of clowns, yes.

Disgusting? Nope.

8.5/10 It's just really fun to walk through.

Red Beard's Revenge:

It goes outside for a bit, then inside. You pass through Red Beard's quarters and through many rooms of the 'ship' or whatever it would be. I didn't really like this so much. 75% of the scaractors had the CHEAPEST masks I have seen. Seriously, it's like they forgot about them and stopped by Walmart on the way up. There was the one chick who popped out and instead of yelling, screaming, or saying something frightening; she chose to say......"SCALLYWAG!" It was the funniest thing ever! And then...she said it again! We were laughing for the rest of the maze.

Scary? Kinda, but after that one chick....nope! LOL!

Disgusting? Not really, you do have to pass through a hallway of heads.

6/10

Shows:

Torture Chamber:

The Great Baldini puts his body to unnatural limits by weight lifting with his eye lids, hammering nails into his nose, laying on nails, eating fire, and much much more. It's a really cool show, and he's the Guiness Record holder for most weight hung on eyelids. It was creepy, but cool. check it out!

About 20-25 minute show. It's in the Paramount Theater

Dead Awakening:

This show is supposedly about a girl who wakes up in a nightmare...and starts to sing. I saw some of it, but had to leave due to time restrictions. The song "Hader to Breathe" by Maroon 5 was played, and it was a pretty good cover.

About 25 minute show, at the Theater by the Eiffel Tower.

Rides:

No sign of 2008 stuff.

SOB is rougher in the front than it is the back.

Everything else was really fun to ride in the dark and fog.

I am trying to get videos and pics up, so please be patient with this new camera.

Photos!

p9300193tc5.jpg

Who-Dey!

p9300194hm4.jpg

Wasteland at dusk

1000182us9.jpg

You really need to get ahead in life...AUSTIN! Oh, sorry...

1000158bn6.jpg

It just opened and fog is already leaking into the arcade...yikes!

1000159wu1.jpg

An unfortunate soul over in Rivertown. It was cool how there was a constant bloodflow from the neck :P

1000160xj7.jpg

Red Beard's Revenge. (Sorry for the blurryness)

1000161vy2.jpg

This guy was out infront on the mic. His voice was creepy-cool!

1000162bj6.jpg

The Great Baldini playing with fire...he just put his little vest back on from a previous feat. (Thank God)

1000164ef3.jpg

Baldini blowing some fire. I hadn't seen this in real life before.

1000168rj8.jpg

The Action Zone Tower has been taken over!

1000166bf6.jpg

I think this guy had something to do with it...but that's just me.

1000188wm6.jpg

Yikes, now that thing is FREAKY! Just like the aliens in Alien, it jumps out and makes a screechy noise.

1000171gy6.jpg

Giggidy.

p9300195di4.jpg

"Yeah, I'll take a large Backwash..."

1000173am4.jpg

Over to the Worksite. They let me take my camera in!

1000176px6.jpg

Laina does NOT like big vampire-bat-things sneaking up on her.

1000179ay2.jpg

One of the MANY from the FearZone: Cornstalkers. They let me take my camera in there too!

1000180wh8.jpg

Some theming from the Haunted Mansion in Coney Mall

1000184it9.jpg

Entrance for Tombstone Terror-Tory....aka SUCKFEST.

1000185zr6.jpg

I <3 my new camera!

1000189ve9.jpg

Mr. Slider gets close with some terrified chick....while people take pics!

1000181cz0.jpg

Yeah...trying to find the car in this = BAD

Thanks for reading!

I <3 the pictures you got the night you did this!

let alone of the slider "creeper"

and the guy who does the front = ahmayzingness he's one of my best buds to talk about mic. banter with

fog = very bad... but so very fun to prance in during rehersals...

Guest TombraiderTy

I thought Tombstone Terror-tory desrved at least a 4, but I think that may be just because I was traveling with a group of girls who were all terrified... very funny :lol:

But yes, great thread, and very helpful for those who haven't gone yet.

I don't HATE Tombstone, it's just they have GREAT potential, but they deliver nothing! Do they actually think they will scare people by staring at you or just laying there? Oh, will making a grunting sound help? NO!!!!! Put someone in those fogged tunnels, put people in/behind the crates! Sure, most teenage girls will scream at the sight of any monster within 50 ft of them, but when you wait in line for an hour to get on, the least you can get out of it is a jump or two.

KI "Gimme a mask and I'll fix it" Man

P.S. - Maybe Hauntguy can help me out here?

It's a shame you went through on Fri. (that's when you went right?)... we operated with like 26 people, and we're supposed to have like 48! I was actually in the maze Sat. and I can tell you that, at least where I was, people were:

-Falling down (Yes, even some entire lines.... domino effect)

-Peeing themselves (older lady said she "dribbled" a little)

-Running OUT of shoes

-Fainting (actually had to call first aid about 2 or 3 times)

But here is the issue... I have a LARGE group of 30 coming through, a "conga line" if you will. I see a nice group of teen girls that are nervous... BANG! Get them. But now 10 people back seen where I was, NOT SCARY! So I just wait for about 14 people to walk past... then BAM, get more people! This continues until the group ends, it's all judgement. So then here's another problem. What if YOU are one of those people that get to just... walk on by as a scare actor waits for the next victims?

So you have to think about this... do I WANT to be SCARED? Or do I ENJOY seeing others be scared? I know I Sat. our entire attraction was on there game... groups were RUNNING out. I even managed to make our own Kevin Brunck jump about a foot! HEHEHE! GO ME! (Sorry Kevin if I scared you, just my job!)

Hopefully you'll give Tombstone another chance, and HOPEFULLY... everyone will be on there game again! -Hauntguy

PS: Also remember we have around 10 minors that are REQUIRED to take 30 minute breaks and have to leave early! So... I can't really suggest a "time" to visit. Sorry.

Also, on Sat. you would have confronted this:

2800226399.jpg

This photo was taken by Karen, and she literally had to shut her eyes to take this as it was making her sick. Kudos to Karen for having a strong stomach! I was doing this alot in the maze and was eating it a few times, just to make people gag! HAHA! -Hauntguy

Good to hear about the scares on Saturday, but with my views the other day and the hour line...I said nope! I'd like to give it another try because like I said, it HAS the potential...I mean, you're in the middle of the woods with heavily fogged areas! I hope I get the chance to try it again because it seems the houses are better the second time around.

-Zach

2800226399.jpg

This photo was taken by Karen, and she literally had to shut her eyes to take this as it was making her sick. Kudos to Karen for having a strong stomach! I was doing this alot in the maze and was eating it a few times, just to make people gag! HAHA! -Hauntguy

Hauntguy be looking for me on Sat. I'm planing on being one of your first victims on Sat.

Tombstone TerrorTORY:

So you wait in a line to get on the KI Train. (15 minutes at the least)

Then you wait for everyone to find a seat. (5 minutes)

You ride back and listen to a stupid story about a guy killing people because the waitress asked to refill his Scotch.

You exit the train and walk to wait in line. (10 minutes)

So after about 20-30 minutes of waiting and walking, you start the trail.

You pass about 4-5 people at the bar where the guy shot everyone. Then you get onto the WWC trail where there is a HEAVILY fogged tunnel full of nothing. This slows everyone down, so there is a constant line going through, no more groups. You pass some people laying on the ground....either really dead or sleeping. And you walk pass some crates and eventually pass through another tunnel full of hanging heads.

Finally, you walk back into Rivertown with a big :?r <--- on your face. You just wasted about 45 minutes of your time at Halloween Haunt.

Scary? NO! It's a constant line that walks slowly, passing dead bodies.

Disgusting? Kinda, a shed full of heads at the end.

LAME! 0/10

Ok on this one I would think you must have gone when they were on break because all of the times I went we had a blast in Tombstone TerrorTory

Dead Awakening:

This show is supposedly about a girl who wakes up in a nightmare...and starts to sing. I saw some of it, but had to leave due to time restrictions. The song "Hader to Breathe" by Maroon 5 was played, and it was a pretty good cover.

About 25 minute show, at the Theater by the Eiffel Tower.

This was a great show trust me - well acted.

1000161vy2.jpg

This guy was out infront on the mic. His voice was creepy-cool!

Yes totally agree - Jonathan does an awesome job!!! You can also catch him in Death Row toward the end of the night.

1000166bf6.jpg

I think this guy had something to do with it...but that's just me.

I loved this guy - he scared the crap out of me when that thing jumped out!!

1000188wm6.jpg

Yikes, now that thing is FREAKY! Just like the aliens in Alien, it jumps out and makes a screechy noise.

1000171gy6.jpg

Giggidy.

1000189ve9.jpg

Mr. Slider gets close with some terrified chick....while people take pics!

Mr. Slider is a repeat from last year. You know him on this site as ICPcreeper. This is the outfit he loved from last year. He was in a burlap sack kind of face last year and was allowed to be "violent Jay" on the last few nights of fear fest.

Thanks for reading!

Top Gun closes at 6? I thought it was supposed to be a ride open for HH? Did they change that for some reason? Are they using the normal Top Gun que again?

Top gun is likely closed because they use the RIDE line for Club Blood.

2800226399.jpg

yes you major brat!!! I was shutting my eyes when I took it. I knew he would want this pic of him acting all gross but hey Hauntguy is one of my great friends here and you tend to do weird things for your friends......but yea I nearly barfed. He was eating that crap in front of me!!!!

YES Hauntguy did make Kevin jump - I watched it - Kevin was right in front of our group - I saw something move and saw him jumping - did not know it was hauntguy. We were far enough back that I could not tell what was ahead but yes Kevin definately jumped a good foot!!

We went on this tunnel/bridge full of fog before we got to hauntguy's location. I hear this "Karreeennnn" in a deep voice thinking he was in there - I stopped and looked around - - nothing. Then as I am giving up he jumps out of nowhere and I nearly fell out of my freaking chair!!! I screamed and my arms and legs went flying!! I think Haunt nearly wet himself laughing at me.

Give this another try because honestly it is freaking awesome!!! I screamed so much on that one that I literally lost my voice for several minutes!! Hauntguy was best then - Fairewitch was not there that night but she generally has a great time with her buddies too!! My son-in-law was on a fense behind something and jumped down and nearly landed on me!!

You likely went through it when those younger kids were on their break and likely not on the green train!! The host on that train is awesome and funny. He lead a sing a long because of issues with the previous train. There will be issues from time to time. They do not take us to the other line until the others have pretty much gotten into the haunt - there is your wait - we only had to wait a few minutes in the second line - it moved pretty fast and this was saturday night.

Tombstone Terror-TORY was great yesterday night! I don't think I saw Hauntguy, but I did say, "Hauntguy?" after everyone I passed. I jumped quite a few times, but there are still many places throughout the trail that need to have people (or more than one) in it! The fogged tunnels and the narrow path are perfect, but there was one person at the end or entrance to it...

I think I saw ICPCreeper, and I said, "Hey ICP Creeper.." but he just looked at me, haha. I had fun despite the MASSIVE LINES! Wow, I'm never coming back on a Saturday. It was freaking HORRIBLE.

Went to KI on Friday! I saw Karen upon entering the park, I said "Hey, Karen!" And waved....and it appeared she looked around....but couldn't see me, even though I was five feet diagonal to her >.<

Went on Club Blood, Death Row, Trail of Terror, CornStalkers, Workzone, and a handfull of rides.

I saw ICPCreeper! I stalked him until we ended up by SOB entrance and I lost him. I turned around and he was right behind me >.< Haha, that was great.

Massacre Manor and Tombstone Terror-Tory are still my fave houses. One more week of HH! :( And a few weekdays I will be attending to ride all my fave rides again. Maybe some pics up later!

-KI "He wouldn't take my Cutie pillow" Man :(:P